Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What are you using for downloading MP3's?
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 11, 2006 01:57

When you all download these MP3's to your machines, what software do you use?

RealDownload, Windows Media Player, itunes etc... or do you "Save As" to a file on your harddrive?

Re: What are you using for downloading MP3's?
Posted by: troubador ()
Date: March 11, 2006 04:23

Windows and DB Power amp to convert

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: March 11, 2006 15:41

FreeRIP has worked ok for me

Date: March 12, 2006 19:46

Maybe I should have said do you use a download managers such as RealDownload, Limewire, Download Accelerator Plus, IDM, GetFlash etc...

Posted by: turd ()
Date: March 12, 2006 21:58

I've used Flashget before - full of pain the ass spyware. What are the others like?

Date: March 13, 2006 02:05

HiDownload works well for me

Date: March 13, 2006 06:17

I just scrapped RealDownload and wanted to try something else. So I'm trying to find out if anyone has had any good luck with anything that they would recommend.

I saw some stories about embedded spyware with RealDownload and they seem to have disappeared from any links so bye bye. Plus I was having a problem with downloads stopping at 99% (it loads as completed but sometimes has about 10 seconds left on the clock) and if you go back in to resume it corrupts the file.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 13, 2006 09:37

Save As, WMP; plus the eminent LimeWire.

Posted by: crash ()
Date: March 13, 2006 13:59

Sicilian,
both HiDownload & NetTransport work well for me, as well as YSIGet for YouSendit downloads... smiling smiley

Date: March 13, 2006 14:02

Since some time also Azareus.

Date: March 13, 2006 17:37

I downloaded Internet Download Manager 5.02 (IDM) last night and gave it run this morning. Has good speed but asks for the same file twice to download and stops transmitting data in the middle of the download.

Very frustrating. Every file has done it so far. Last one made it to 52% and stopped. I'm still on dial up so it makes it even worse.

Help is on the way I ordered Verizon DSL 3Mb $29.95 per month with a one year commitment (first month is free, months 2-3 19.95 free modemn, 19.95 activation)

Anyways time to scrap IDM and try something else. Maybe that HiDownload.

Date: March 13, 2006 18:57

Havent payed a cent yet for anything so far.
Dont think payin' gives ya better gear... smiling smiley

Noone is downloading in CET mornings, thats the problem.
Go out evenin's & nights, thats the best...

Date: March 13, 2006 21:18

Crash, Zagalo,

Does HiDownload integrate with IE or AOL? I opened it in both and tried to download a file and only the "Save As" box comes up. It looks like you have paste URL's into the URL box to get it to start downloading a file?

Doesn't it automatically take over the download when you click download from a file like USendit?

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:04

To download I just "save as" into a designated file on my desktop.

To play I use "Dell Jukebox" that came with my Dell computer.

Works like a champ.

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:05

Limewire. But I hardly download MP3. I either buy the CD or download the whole CD in lossless quality in a torrent.

Date: March 13, 2006 23:19

Sicilian,
The vast majority of the time just clicking on the Download Now button automatically brings up the HiDownload application with the URL already 'keyed in'...

Occasionally, this doesn't happen - don't know why...

The answer, and I am using IE within Windows XP, is to right click on the track name itself within the Yousendit page and then click on the 'Download by HiDownload' box which appears in the drop-down menu - this brings up the HiDownload app again with the URL already 'keyed in'...

Hope that works for you.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 13, 2006 23:31

Download to harddrive.

Import to itunes as MP3 file ------->>> burn to CDR as wave file

Date: March 15, 2006 07:45

Zagalo, Crash,

I did the right click thing and clicked the download by hidownload link then the add task dialog box opens up. The link looks good but it kind of freezes until I right click the icon in the tray.

Then the link starts to download in the working area section for just a couple of seconds then it disappears.

I can see it again if I click the finished file in categories and it appears as a finished link but the file says "direct.aspx" which is not recognized by anything. Any ideas about why it is not downloading?

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: March 15, 2006 08:52

Nothing because lossy formats suck!

Date: March 16, 2006 03:31

Sicilian,
I may be stating the obvious...
...but when the link appears on an IORR page, you need to right click on the link and "Open in New Window" - this takes you to the relevant Yousendit page and then you can do the download

Date: March 17, 2006 01:32

Well I started to just do that "save as" to a folder on the harddrive and believe it or not it downloads faster. One question when you stop downloading in middle of a song how do you resume the download in IE? IE downloads the file but does not store a partial download if cut off. Or maybe I'm not looking in the right place. Especially if your 90% finished with a big file.

That is what is good about a download manager, they kind of store it for a resume download whenever you want.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2039
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home