Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
THIS IS A POST FOR A DISCUSSION ABOUT PEOPLE WHO USES THIS FORUM FOR MP3 DOWNLOADS
Posted by: javier ()
Date: March 8, 2006 14:03

HI EVERYBODY,
THIS POST IS FOR ALL WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO USES THIS FORUM FOR MAKE TRADES (OR SELL-BUY): YOU KNOW FROM SOME TIME AGO THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE USING THIS FORUM FOR SEND-RECEIVE MP3 FILES FOR DOWNLOADS. I THINK THAT´S A GOOD IDEA FOR PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO HAVE STONES MUSIC, BUT I THINK THAT THIS IS NOT THE APROPIATE SITE FOR MAKE THIS. I AM INTERESTED IN KNOW THE OPINIONS OF THE TRADERS WHO USE THIS IORR FORUM FOR MAKE THE SAME AS ME: TO MAKE STONES MUSIC-VIDEOS... TRADES (OR SELL-BUY?
WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS?
MY BEST FOR ALL MY DEAR TRADER FRIENDS.
JAVIER.

Re: THIS IS A POST FOR A DISCUSSION ABOUT PEOPLE WHO USES THIS FORUM FOR MP3 DOWNLOADS
Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: March 8, 2006 15:16

I agree. This used to be a pretty good trading forum where I found a lot of rare stuff over the years as well as some great traders. Now the place is full of people spreading their lossy mp3 garbage. Oh well...

Re: THIS IS A POST FOR A DISCUSSION ABOUT PEOPLE WHO USES THIS FORUM FOR MP3 DOWNLOADS
Posted by: marston ()
Date: March 8, 2006 15:19

I agree with you 110%. I wish there were a separate page for file sharing. Maybe BV will do that since he did remove them from "tell me". This is the buy/sell/trade page. There needs to be a separate page for those who want to share files. Just my 2 cents worth and NO OFFENSE INTENDED TO THOSE OF YOU THAT SHARE FILES, LET'S JUST HAVE IT ON ANOTHER LINK OF IORR. The post on this link are getting to confusing as to who wants to trade and who wants mp3's.

Greg

"thank you Jesus, thank you LORD!"

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: March 8, 2006 16:01

I don;t understand why the complaints. If you don't like a post....don;t read it, if you don't like a download, don't download it.

It may very well be a good idea to another page for file sharing but it's my understanding that there is quite a bit of work involved in creating another page. BV probably has a life and has other things to do.

I think that including downloads on this page opens the door to people who have never traded before.Becuase downloads are posted, people can start building their music library and become traders as well. It also generates discussions about the music.

Maybe a better way to ensure that it is understand what is a "download" post and what isn't is to say the word "download" in the sibject title.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 8, 2006 16:05

How do most users transact trades? What about people who are just getting a collection started and have nothing to trade?

Explain how trading works for everyone please.

Posted by: drno ()
Date: March 8, 2006 16:23

The Sicilian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > How do most users transact trades? What about
> people who are just getting a collection started
> and have nothing to trade?
>
> Explain how trading works for everyone please.

Please don`t start that again. Your question has already been answered yesterday !!!! Remember the answer ??? Vines..... just see the webside you have been told!

I agree, that this forum had been a very good side to trade for good stuff, but unfortunatly it is no longer......

Why? Cause no serious trader (and I don`t care whether anybody is trading , buying or selling!!) is using this forum any longer! I just use it to see, with whom I really do not have to trade with cause of the lossy stuff which is spread here!

Posted by: turd ()
Date: March 8, 2006 16:29

It is a free site - no-one is stopping anyone from trading, selling or whatever.
Why do you guys always complain so much?
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: March 8, 2006 16:33

Yeah and while were on it...why dont we have a forum just for the balding guys and what about the left handed people...get over it.

Date: March 8, 2006 16:44

DrNo,

The reason I asked is that not everyone trades the same way and if you are going to talk about trading include in your first post your method of trading.

I thought we were discussing MP3's yesterday. I don't recall being "told".

Posted by: drno ()
Date: March 8, 2006 16:58

The Sicilian Wrote:
> >
> DrNo,
>
> The reason I asked is that not everyone trades the
> same way and if you are going to talk about
> trading include in your first post your method of
> trading.
>
> I thought we were discussing MP3's yesterday. I
> don't recall being "told".

Sicilian,

please have a look at this thread "A better alternative to buying or MP3 downloading" from yesterday evening were you asked the same question and a guy named AndyL gave you the answer ("told" you what to do). I was just talking about that thread (shouldn`t be offensive!). But your question had been answered yesterday!

By the way I am doing some bit torrenting and believe me or not since that time I am doing a lot more trades by snailmail as at the time before! Snailmail trading is sometimes hard I know (one has to move his ass to the postoffice - mine is about 8 km away!!!!) but it is the better alternative!

I am N O T against sharing!!!! How could I by doing torrents? But this side really got into a mess! My opinion! And as I can see I am not the only one.

And to those people who think their "arguments" are better when they start to get offensive - they don`t get better!!!!

Posted by: stoneMe ()
Date: March 8, 2006 16:59

And here's Me Thinking Religion caused WARS!!!!

Ever Danced with a One Legged Woman?

Posted by: Alvaro ()
Date: March 8, 2006 17:00

All right guys, lets do a "traders only" forum,and there u can share ur not "loussy" collection, because, why to give other people the oportunitty of discover gems from 70's, direct from his cities, etc...

Not, better, we can put a test in the link, if u cant answer what is the number of that strange pignoise record in what richards miss a chord in brown sugar take 3455, u cant access this forum, or better, u must erase ur mp3, and listen the las boot of ...let say maddonna till ur ears bleed....

give everybody a chance please......

Un beso a todos.

Date: March 8, 2006 17:03

Sorry if I missed it, sometimes I forget all the posts I've replied to. Thanks for the replies anyways.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: March 8, 2006 17:06

Seperate pages would be the way to go IMO. It's orderly, practical and everybody's happy.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: Andy L ()
Date: March 8, 2006 17:47

drno Wrote:
>
> Sicilian,
>
> please have a look at this thread "A better
> alternative to buying or MP3 downloading" from
> yesterday evening were you asked the same question
> and a guy named AndyL gave you the answer ("told"
> you what to do). I was just talking about that
> thread (shouldn`t be offensive!). But your
> question had been answered yesterday!
>
> By the way I am doing some bit torrenting and
> believe me or not since that time I am doing a lot
> more trades by snailmail as at the time before!
> Snailmail trading is sometimes hard I know (one
> has to move his ass to the postoffice - mine is
> about 8 km away!!!!) but it is the better
> alternative!
>
> I am N O T against sharing!!!! How could I by
> doing torrents? But this side really got into a
> mess! My opinion! And as I can see I am not the
> only one.
>
> And to those people who think their "arguments"
> are better when they start to get offensive - they
> don`t get better!!!!
>

Thank you drno, couldn't have said it better myself.

And to reply to the 'MP3 SHOULD BE BANNED!' thread that was locked yesterday, the reason nobody posts WAV files is because FLAC can compress those WAV files without any quality loss, hence the term LOSSLESS.

I and many of the anti-MP3 people here have shared stuff through BitTorrent... where else do you think half your MP3 downloads come from? Thanks to the generosity of one of the members of this forum, I was able to share Auckland 11/2/1973 direct from the master cassette on the Rocks Off tracker. But after seeing it converted to MP3 on here, I decided to give up torrenting Stones stuff - it seems that nothing is safe from you people. The torrent weighs in at 381 MB, and 385 people have downloaded it so far. 381 x 385 = 146000 MB, and it's still going 6 months after I first seeded it... try doing that on YouSendIt. Or does that not count as sharing because it takes you more than one click to download?

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: March 8, 2006 17:57

hi drno
your the man that helped me to start with my collection. i really appeaciate your efforts. starting a collection by trading is much more exciting!mp3 shouldn'd be more than an orientation in this jungle of great music.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: March 8, 2006 18:12

Thanks to the generosity of the people from the board I´ve heard Atlantic City for the first time, it`s a great way to share the music

Date: March 8, 2006 18:25

Hey AndyL,

I merely asked a question that may have been repeated in a different thread, to which I already replied back again with remorse.

But since you insist on displaying your bravado over a newbie go ahead and pound your chest.

When guys such as yourself desire to patronize others who do not have as much knowledge as you in this area and berate those who do not suscribe to your method of sharing, you turn away those you should be educating as your staunch position on the issue shows.

That being said your description of Bittorrent I found to be quite imformative and interesting. That is all I'm looking to hear. Only don't forget to download a 381Mb file on 56k might take me a couple of days. Only seeking more detailed information on the issue not a scolding lecture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-08 18:34 by The Sicilian.

Date: March 8, 2006 19:13

The Sicilian - my post wasn't directed at you, it was a reply to the posts at the end of the locked thread from yesterday. I have answered lots of your questions constructively in my posts over the last few days. I wouldn't even attempt to use BitTorrent over 56k, which is why I have suggested snail mail trading many times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-03-08 19:16 by Andy L.

Posted by: marston ()
Date: March 8, 2006 19:16

New traders can simply put out a post that they want to get started. We all had help in the beginning and I know there are people here that will give complete boots on CD or DVD to help them get started. We've done it in the past and it can be continued.

Greg

"thank you Jesus, thank you LORD!"

Date: March 8, 2006 19:38

The cabin fever is getting to us all. You did quote me though.

Anyways I don't care about that shit, just keep us informed and sometimes a little more details for some of us until the light goes on.

Posted by: DirtyWorks ()
Date: March 8, 2006 19:38

What about collectors who buy original releases only ? MP3 or Flac...who cares
Original discs for sale here are almost gone. No one has interested in that anymore

Posted by: monkey_man ()
Date: March 8, 2006 20:22

marston wrote:".......We all had help in the beginning and I know there are people here that will give complete boots on CD or DVD to help them get started. We've done it in the past and it can be continued."
i'm still grateful to you!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 8, 2006 20:50

Why do you post a discussion thread in the sell and buy sector? And guess what, A text written in capital letters is hard to read.

Re: separate forums
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 8, 2006 21:45

mercy - whence all the uproar? i understand people wanting a separate forum for the buying/selling/trading than for the filesharing -
how about if the people who want that contact Bjornulf directly and ask him to create a separate forum for filesharing to keep everyone content?
after all, all this discussion isn't going to create a fourth forum - Bjornulf is the one with the power to do that.

and yeah, turning off the caps lock is always nice ... have some popcorn, everybody.

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: March 8, 2006 22:23

Yes, Im left handed and I was wondering.....

Date: March 8, 2006 22:32

And whats the betting that some you anti mp3 bods have d/l'd stuff from here (in glorious mp3), that you needed ?

I really don't understand this thread - is it a combination of paranoia, jealousy and annoyance that people here are getting something for nothing? Well, that's technology for you.
All this stuff about high-end frequency loss, future generations will suffer if we don't 'preserve' the music now - what utter rubbish. Previous 'generations' would be swopping cassette copies of cassette copies onto dull low grade cassette. If you wanted better quality, you would have to go and find it of course. But, there will always be a better copy of anything, somewhere, it's up to the individual to go and look if they so wish.
I still have cassette copies of boots that might be 25 years old - compared to this mp3 stuff they sound crap - but at the time I didn't feel the need to persue 'perfection'. I don't remember people in those days being so precious about it being on chrome tape or recorded with or without dolby.

I am listening to and enjoying the music - I for one am not interested in examining it through a microscope looking for flaws in the high end frequency department.

This is a site for hard core fans of The Stones - why should they of all people be deprived of enjoying their favourite bands music?

Date: March 8, 2006 22:54

turd Wrote:
> And whats the betting that some you anti mp3 bods
> have d/l'd stuff from here (in glorious mp3), that
> you needed ?

I wouldn't dream of downloading MP3s from here, and nor would anyone else I've traded with. If I needed something, I'd put some effort in and ask for a trade or request a torrent.

>
> I really don't understand this thread - is it a
> combination of paranoia, jealousy and annoyance
> that people here are getting something for
> nothing?

No, of course not - lots of people here (myself included) have given away copies of expensive bootlegs or rare recordings through torrents.

> All this stuff about high-end frequency loss,
> future generations will suffer if we don't
> 'preserve' the music now - what utter rubbish.
> Previous 'generations' would be swopping cassette
> copies of cassette copies onto dull low grade
> cassette.

Only because there wasn't anything better available at the time. The technology available now allows us to make an exact copy of any recording.

Date: March 8, 2006 23:23

Andy - found this article, you might find it interesting - sounds like the jury's still out over this flac business.....

[forums.slimdevices.com]

Posted by: mttlacroix ()
Date: March 8, 2006 23:24

Well, I would just like to thank all the people who post MP3's, great work, and keep it up. It is my personal experience that the ones who complain about something are the ones who do it most.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1550
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home