Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: THIS IS A POST FOR A DISCUSSION ABOUT PEOPLE WHO USES THIS FORUM FOR MP3 DOWNLOADS
Posted by: Brano ()
Date: March 8, 2006 23:32

Man, not this again. It's not like mp3s will destroy the best quality sources, there are thousands of people with original CDs/FLACs.

For example, in year 2009, when internet connections get faster we will start a thread here:

REQUEST: Honolulu '66, in best possible quality (torrent or original, not mp3 source please).

Then, people like JoeHill, Rusty or vox12string or whoever has it will post the show and we'll be happy. It's not like they're gonna cheat on us with mp3s.

Of course, then somebody will whine that we should post DVD-audio, not those lossy FLACswinking smiley.

Re: THIS IS A POST FOR A DISCUSSION ABOUT PEOPLE WHO USES THIS FORUM FOR MP3 DOWNLOADS
Posted by: stoneMe ()
Date: March 8, 2006 23:44

Just enjoy the MUSIC for Christs Sake!!! and If you hear something you like then GO and Buy the Original Disc, Simple as THAT.

CASE CLOSED !!!!

AHH AHH NOT ANOTHER WORD

Ever Danced with a One Legged Woman?

Date: March 9, 2006 00:52

This would be the perfect thread to offer a free download. Anyone? :-)

Posted by: turd ()
Date: March 9, 2006 01:08

Richard from Canada Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This would be the perfect thread to offer a free
> download. Anyone? :-)
>
>

Yes please, can you post a flac file thats been converted from an mp3 file, generated from an old ferric cassette, (without dolby so there's also lots of hiss) - which had recorded someones old scratchy boot, that they got from someone elses old open reel tape, that he made by standing in a field with an old army surplus tape recorder, recording the Rolling Stones, Thanks...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 9, 2006 01:15

There should be no discussion about what's right or wrong to download. Everybody is free to make up their own minds without being criticized.

I've uploaded and downloaded music here aplenty and yes of course, I seek the best quality I can get with the MP3 format; however, I also see it as a means to an end. There will be some material that I'll want to replace with an original CD boot, some material I'll discard and the balance I'll keep as MP3.

The stuff I download is for personnal use and never intended as trade bait.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about concerning the downloading of MP3's. The trading circles and torrents are there for those that wish to go that route.

CASE CLOSED

Posted by: pointgiven ()
Date: March 9, 2006 01:51

You know, I think who ever started torrenting damamged a good thing- trading. Mp3... fine, have them if you want them. But the real treasures are found on discs that are traded. Keep trading and for all

Share the darn music!!!!!

Justin

Posted by: James Lynn ()
Date: March 9, 2006 05:21

I thank all who started me with bootlegs via mail, Marston, Elmo, JJFlash, Billy Hans etc etc etc. Also thankful for MP3 posts with Sssoul, Joe Hill Vox & numerous others. They serve different purposes in the big scheme of things. I'm quite happy with both options. Thanks again all who have helped me with both mechanisms. The MEZ

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: March 9, 2006 07:17

That a Take in my book concerning this thread.

We all know the pros and cons. No one is downloading MP3 for trade circle purposes or profit - but to enjoy at home or driving in the car. It is easy to determine MP3 from WAV signature.

The great thing/appreciation is the Rolling Stones allowing us to enjoy the unreleased material and live boots.

If they were concerned, exchanging of the boots would have stopped a long, long, long, time ago - I would not be suprised if they stopped in here IORR, Rockoff, or Shidoobee once in a while.

Respect the Rolling Stones - never post something that has been officially released - support the group and buy it - the Rolling Stones have provided the fan base a wealth of free boots to enjoy.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: March 9, 2006 07:36

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-12-08 01:48 by Beelyboy.

Re: filesharing
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 9, 2006 12:34

>> The great thing/appreciation is the Rolling Stones allowing us to enjoy the unreleased material and live boots. ...
Respect the Rolling Stones - never post something that has been officially released - support the group and buy it -
the Rolling Stones have provided the fan base a wealth of free boots to enjoy. <<

~*YEAH!*~
thank you JoeHill ~ thank you Stones!

Posted by: javier ()
Date: March 9, 2006 13:37

Well, I can understand that people can start to have Stones bootlegs even in mp3 mode, better this than nothing, ok. But the only problem here is that this was still some times ago a place for make trades, for buy and for sell Stones material; the people who wants to give and receive mp3 files or another informations I think they must use a different forum. Here at IORR there is the TELL ME forum, and even I wrote yesterday to Chris (the moderator) for speak with him about this problem; I said him the idea of a new forum at IORR (for example, titled "downloads"). I have around 500 Stones dvds and 2000 cds, and the most of all went got from wonderful traders who used this forum for trades, and I would like that this forum can continue at the same way.
My best for everybody.
Javier.

Posted by: pointgiven ()
Date: March 9, 2006 14:40

To validate Javier,

I looked over pages 50-79. This site used to boom with trades. If you had it or needed it, you got it here. This lasted until June or July last year. I noticed a postin by BJ which started to address bad traders. The several more bad trader posting turned up which means some people started to take advantage of the honesty and integrety of the people who are committed to sharing the music. Its really a shame. Trading is not dead becasue of torrenting. Torrenting works, yes, but its not the same. Besides the entire world cannot afford t1, t3, satellite, or cable connections. There is a quality to snail mail. I hope trading can return to this site. I like mp3's too, but I love trading and sharing the music more.

Justin

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 9, 2006 16:08

Elitist bs if ya ask me;
but someone said separate pages? Maybe.
Riwsque thoguh: One pagewould be for the A-people,
just keep on exchanging exclusively wav-& flac-files, and another for us
(underdogs) that are interested in the music, not in scorin' points.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: March 9, 2006 16:17

I remember getting burned on this site back around 2002 I think during the Licks Tour. I mailed a bunch of audience recordings that I burned for this guy and he was supposed to mail me something in return and it didn't happen. I wasn't that bummed because it was only like 12 discs. The time was more important than the money because I always burn at 4x because I've been told that the lower the speed the better.

I like the MP3s because they are easy to trade. After all, these *are* bootlegs so it's not as if they were mixed with the love and attention that would have been done to an official live release. Just my two cents....

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1867

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: March 9, 2006 16:28

"Yes please, can you post a flac file thats been converted from an mp3 file, generated from an old ferric cassette, (without dolby so there's also lots of hiss) - which had recorded someones old scratchy boot, that they got from someone elses old open reel tape, that he made by standing in a field with an old army surplus tape recorder, recording the Rolling Stones, Thanks..."

LMAO!!!! smiling smiley

So true...take that MP3 snobs...

You can spend all day downloading a Flac "lossless" file through a torrent only to discover that the integrity of an old crappy sounding boot has been preserved. What a relief! Thank god that muffled hiss has been saved for the ages!

Can anyone really hear the difference between all of the various media files...MP3, WMA, AAC, Flac or whatever? I can't, but then again my hearing is a little shot after spending over a year in Iraq gunning on the .50 cal!!!

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 9, 2006 16:30

yawn

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1699
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home