Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick Taylor guesting with The Dickey Betts Band (also feat Warren Haynes, Jack Bruce, Rick Derringer) – ‘In Memory of … Dickey Betts’ - 01st November 1988 (Lone Star Roadhouse) FP 152
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:04

Mick TAYLOR
guesting with
The Dickey Betts Band
FP 152
……………………………..
‘In Memory Of… Dickey Betts’

To pay tribute to Richard ‘Dickey’ Betts (12th December 1943 – 14th April 2024) I uploaded this concert from November 1st, 1988 which was held the Lone Star Roadhouse.
Because it was bbroadcast live through US FM radio (DC101), the recording is of very good quality plus it includes other artists that I appreciate: Warren Haynes who is another excellent guitarist and also Matt Abts (who later joined him as drummer in Gov't Mule). There is also Rick Derringer but to me the icing on the cake is the participation of Jack Bruce and Mick Taylor. For this show I had a full audience recording (source #1) and a partial soundboard recording (source #2). Thanks to one of my accomplices (nzb) I discovered the ‘pre-fm’ version of the show (source #3).
I found out that 9 titles had been officially published as limited edition two-LP-release to tie in with Record Store Day 2018: 'Live At The Lone Star Roadhouse' (Rock Beat Records ROC-3420).
Therefore, I decided to make a merging of sources #2 and #3 which are different from the officially published recording. And I tried to rebuild the complete show.

1st November 1988: DICKEY BETTS BAND. New York City, Lone Star Roadhouse
Line-up: MT (gtr)/Dickey Betts (gtr, voc)/Jack Bruce (bass, voc)/Warren Haynes (gtr, voc)/Johnny Neel (keyb)/Marty Privette (bass)/Matt Abts (dr)/Rick Derringer (gtr, voc)

Here is the detailed content:

CD1:
01 - Lone Star Roadhouse intro (#3)
02 - Rock Bottom (#3)
03 - band introduction (#3)
04 - Blue Sky (#3)
05 - Time To Roll (merged)
06 - Duane’s Tune (merged)
07 - Blues Ain’t Nothing (merged)
08 - Far Cry
09 - Heartbreak Line (#3)
10 - In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed (#3)
11 - Lover Man (#3)
12 - Jessica (merged)

CD2:
01 - Under The Guns (#3)
02 - Statesboro Blues (merged) §
03 - One Way Out (merged) §
04 - Rock And Roll, Hoochie Coo (merged) §
05 - Spoonful (merged) *
06 - banter & DJ comments (#3)
07 - Southbound (merged) * §
08 - band introduction & outro (#3)

* feat. Mick Taylor and Jack Bruce
§ feat. Rick Derringer

Details of my DIYs:
The tracks are declicked, channel equilibrated (from +20% for the left channel to +20 % for the right). I deleted microgaps between the tracks and reworked the transitions between them so that now they start with the song (except when they were faded in/out).
Which are before and after ‘Lover Man’, before and after ‘Jessica’ and before 'Spoonful'.
On the merges, the partial version (source #2) is on the right channel and was synced using the 'pre-fm'-version (source #3) on the left channel as a reference.

As usual all the infos are taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2024 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

Link valid until 14/05/24
[we.tl]

just a comment: this is a festival of guitars and really great to listen in your car when you go to …

Re: POST: Mick Taylor guesting with The Dickey Betts Band (also feat Warren Haynes, Jack Bruce, Rick Derringer) – ‘In Memory of … Dickey Betts’ - 01st November 1988 (Lone Star Roadhouse) FP 152
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:26

Thank you.

Re: POST: Mick Taylor guesting with The Dickey Betts Band (also feat Warren Haynes, Jack Bruce, Rick Derringer) – ‘In Memory of … Dickey Betts’ - 01st November 1988 (Lone Star Roadhouse) FP 152
Posted by: jumpingjflash ()
Date: May 7, 2024 21:47

THX a lot

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: May 7, 2024 22:09

Thank you SR!
thumbs up

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: May 7, 2024 22:34

Thank You

Posted by: letitloose6 ()
Date: May 7, 2024 23:05

Thank you

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: May 8, 2024 00:59

Thanks SR.

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: May 8, 2024 05:08

Thank you.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 8, 2024 06:47

Thank you very much for working on this show Norbert!

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: May 8, 2024 09:48

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: May 8, 2024 10:33

Thanks a lot!

N

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 8, 2024 17:56

THX

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: May 8, 2024 18:45

Thank you very "very" much for that !Norbert thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: May 8, 2024 21:13

ThANKS VERY MUCH!!!

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: May 8, 2024 21:16

Holy shit!
I was at this show!
Thanks!

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: May 17, 2024 06:27

[we.tl]

Thank you for posting this show. Very enjoyable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1468
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home