Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
POST: The Rolling Stones 2024-05-02 Jazz Festival Fair Grounds Race Course New Orleans, LA
Posted by: rskinno ()
Date: May 5, 2024 08:25

Hi Stones Fans

The Rolling Stones 2024-05-02 Jazz Festival Fair Grounds Race Course New Orleans, LA

Taper: LIL TENDIES + TJ (https://ratm.live)
Taping Location: Stage right inline with stack, 50 meters from stage
Source: Schoeps MK4s > Babynbox > PCM-A10 (24/48)
Transfer: WAV > Reaper (EQ) > FLAC (24)
Length: 1:49:14

Dear IORR people, this sounds fine as is and there is no reason to remaster or
repackaging with MS Paint Artwork, its great as is thanks.

It's not Good, the sound is too distant, muffled and low EQ
I listened to it and I didn't like it. I changed it.
I thought about showing it for a long time ? Why should I only enjoy it and not others.

Sorry LIL TENDIES + TJ, I and other Rolling Stones fans love the new sound of the time

Here it is

[we.tl]

-5% treble, brightness reworked. Sound remained and volume can't be changed because of too little EQ ?
The volume has changed during processing.
Setlist:

Start Me Up
Get Off of My Cloud
Out of Time
Angry
Let It Bleed (with Dwayne Dopsie)
Time Is on My Side (Kai Winding & His Orchestra cover) (with Irma Thomas)
Whole Wide World
Tumbling Dice
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Little T&A (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Miss You
Gimme Shelter
Paint It Black
Jumpin' Jack Flash
(Encore Break)
Sweet Sounds of Heaven
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Thank you LIL TENDIES + TJ for your good recording !!!
rsKinno

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones 2024-05-02 Jazz Festival Fair Grounds Race Course New Orleans, LA
Posted by: P@py ()
Date: May 5, 2024 10:19

wtf! is this necessary?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-05 10:23 by P@py.

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones 2024-05-02 Jazz Festival Fair Grounds Race Course New Orleans, LA
Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: May 5, 2024 10:26

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: May 5, 2024 10:45

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: May 5, 2024 12:10

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-05 12:11 by spunky.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: May 5, 2024 12:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-05 16:43 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 5, 2024 12:23

Every taper just saw what you did.. smoking smiley

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: May 5, 2024 13:09

I think it's no problem to remaster a recording for yourself, for private purposes, if you think you can get a better result.
But if the taper specifically asks not to do this, you should respect this and not make a remaster publicly available, for example on IORR.

Respect the wishes of the tapers if you also want recordings from other tapers!

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: May 5, 2024 13:31

werther2003
I think it's no problem to remaster a recording for yourself, for private purposes, if you think you can get a better result.
But if the taper specifically asks not to do this, you should respect this and not make a remaster publicly available, for example on IORR.

My words. If tapers don't post here anymore because of your ignorance, then you did us all a big favour...NOT!

N

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: May 5, 2024 13:39

NeddieFlanders
werther2003

My words. If tapers don't post here anymore because of your ignorance, then you did us all a big favour...NOT!

N
I agree!

Posted by: jstones ()
Date: May 5, 2024 14:41

no comment

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 5, 2024 15:29

WOW - thumbs down .....iorr already had a bad name - now it's much, much worse even if your mix is better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-05 15:36 by EddieByword.

Posted by: letitloose6 ()
Date: May 5, 2024 15:45

Rskinno What exactly haven't you understood from the tapers request ?

Thank you for nothing and ruining the trading pool.

Date: May 5, 2024 15:54

letitloose6
Rskinno What exactly haven't you understood from the tapers request ?

Thank you for nothing and ruining the trading pool.

I agree.
Rskinno's ego goes first...

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 5, 2024 15:55

why do you continue to do this??

This is why so many recordings stay in small circles.

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: May 5, 2024 17:27

rskinno: please immediately remove your post

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 5, 2024 17:55

Are you fukkin serious? The remasterbater in chief strikes again. This is why my recordings will not be posted publicly and each version will be watermarked and each person will get their own copy. It is clowns like this that keeps tapers from sharing.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 5, 2024 18:40

THX

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: May 5, 2024 19:07

daspyknows
Are you fukkin serious? The remasterbater in chief strikes again. This is why my recordings will not be posted publicly and each version will be watermarked and each person will get their own copy. It is clowns like this that keeps tapers from sharing.

I have listened to both versions of this Stones' performance and prefer this version. Thanks to reskinno and the original taper.

Date: May 5, 2024 19:22

TravellinMan
daspyknows

I have listened to both versions of this Stones' performance and prefer this version. Thanks to reskinno and the original taper.

Great that you prefer rskinno's version.
But because of him, lots of us wont ever get recordings from other tapers...
Well done, Mr Skinno!

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: May 5, 2024 19:34

#Shortsighted

Date: May 5, 2024 20:01

TravellinMan
daspyknows

Good for you. Between this and the following link there is a reason why many/most of the good recordings dont get shared any more. If you want to eq a recording for home use have at it but pissing in the trading pool or making money off the recordings benefits no one. Why can't rskinno zip up his pants and actually record a show himself rather than remasturbating all over everything.

[www.neofaust.com]

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: May 5, 2024 20:34

The basic disagreement is over whether a taper owns a recording of a performance. I think not. I have enough Rolling Stones concerts to last me forever and if a taper wants to withhold a recording from fans I wish I could say that is ok with me but I cannot. Everytime I came into possession of a live show or outtakes over the years I put them up. And if I held them for myself or a small circle I would consider myself selfish.

As to making money I regard bootleggers as salvage companies who do a service.

If people don't want reskinno's work just don't download him. But it is wrong to suggest his version is what Mayflower grabbed.

Date: May 5, 2024 21:03

TravellinMan
The basic disagreement is over whether a taper owns a recording of a performance. I think not. I have enough Rolling Stones concerts to last me forever and if a taper wants to withhold a recording from fans I wish I could say that is ok with me but I cannot. Everytime I came into possession of a live show or outtakes over the years I put them up. And if I held them for myself or a small circle I would consider myself selfish.

As to making money I regard bootleggers as salvage companies who do a service.

If people don't want reskinno's work just don't download him. But it is wrong to suggest his version is what Mayflower grabbed.

No, it's not the basic disagreement as you wrote.
The basic disagreement is: by acting against the tapers'wishes, he tells them not to share what they recorded. And thanks or because of him, lots of people can't access to recordings that (maybe) are better than his "remaster".
Therefore, I don't agree with you and prefer to support people who are doing the job "live", with all the risks.
Like Dapsyknows, for instance...

Date: May 5, 2024 22:19

The taper does not have an account on here to post but he is not pleased. He does not plan to post future Stones shows on this tour. That makes 6 tapers I know of. Why don't the rskinnos go record their own shows once in awhile.

Date: May 5, 2024 22:22

daspyknows
The taper does not have an account on here to post but he is not pleased. He does not plan to post future Stones shows on this tour. That makes 6 tapers I know of. Why don't the rskinnos go record their own shows once in awhile.

Many thanks to Mr Kinno!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: May 6, 2024 00:33

To be expected, after all we are talking about a band 2nd only to KISS when it comes to mentally ill obsessive compulsives.

Posted by: Redstone5 ()
Date: May 6, 2024 00:33

Thank you !!!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: May 6, 2024 06:15

great thanks for your "remaster"eye rolling smiley

well after this hopefully we'll at least get one or two more good sounding recordings of the remaining shows from this tour

but we could've had a dozen

you know some of us don't have the privilege or resources to attend these shows and rely on the tapers to get a semblance of what the experience was like

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-05-06 06:20 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: May 6, 2024 08:01

In Anarkia, world without law and power others than love and freedom, you just have to respect the will of those who share their recording : no remix, no sharing remix.
Eventually, you get in touch with these authors, and there's nothing to stop you making your own remix for personal use. I'm personally the author of one of the Paris 2022 concert recordings, and there have been quite a few remixes (at least 3 to my knowledge), and it's true that I'm quoted on commercial CDs made afterwards. I didn't refuse those who asked me to do this work and share it here, out of consideration for them, but in doing so I disassociated myself from others like dapsyknows who have done many more concerts than I have, and who have their reason to ask that we don't do just anything with their work. In the end, I'm not sure I made the right decision in giving them my distribution agreement... It's a shame, though, that the mature men and women we all have to be today aren't able to create a fan ecosystem with exemplary relationships.
Finally, thanks to Dapsyknows for passing on my address jeff.pillet@gmail.com to Lil Tendis + TL if possible to share with me their future recordings.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1413
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home