Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 19a - 1990.03.28 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show (2 sources mixed)
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: September 28, 2023 11:25

The Maidenlane Recordings:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians.
In our first series we first published the concerts that had never been circulated in any form. By listening to the others we discovered that many of his alternative recordings were interesting too. In the second series we publish the “Maidenlane Tapes Alts” which will feature recordings that are either in better sound quality, more complete or sound differently from previous releases.
In this last series we present the result of mixes and merges which will be similar to the Frankenstein productions (of my FP-series): by “mixing” I mean that I simultaneously record the 2 sources and by “merging” I mean that I record each source on a different channel (one for the left channel and the other for the right).
Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….
The Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN’S VERSIONS
28. March 1990
NYC
Lone Star Roadhouse
(2nd show)
Volume 19 ‘A’
(2 sources mixed version)

28th March 1990: New York City, Lone Star Roadhouse (2nd show)
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Blondie Chaplin (gtr, voc)/Joel Diamond (keyb)/Wilbur Bascomb (bass)/Eric Parker (dr) with special guest Jon Paris (harm, voc) on the last three songs.

CD1:
01 - ‘bluesy’ tuning (until 3’30 solely the previous version then the mix)
02 - I Wonder Why
03 - Red House
04 - Semolina (last seconds solely from Mdl)

CD2:
01 - Laundromat Blues (first 14 seconds & some seconds in the end coming solely from Mdl)
02 - Little Red Rooster (1’15 in the end solely from Mdl)
03 - It Hurts Me Too
04 - Can't You Hear Me Knocking (see *)
05 - outro

Two versions derived from the same source were already circulating. Here I used mine because it has a better sound and it’s more complete than the other (it contains ‘Can’t You Hear Me Knocking’) but it’s also missing the end of ‘Little Red Rooster’ and the beginning of ‘Laundromat Blues’). These sequences are present in the Maidenlane recording!
So I decided to post the reworked version of Maidenlane recording (see ALTS Vol 19) and also the result of both sources combined.
All recordings are edited, declicked and the channels equilibrated and synchronized.

* ‘Can’t You Hear Me Knocking’ was a real puzzle. Because of the length of this version (around 26 minutes) both tapers probably got surprised and their tape was too short to record the track in is entirety. Maidenlane has his tape flip at 10’35 and the taper from the previous version at 14’16. All segments are reconnected in this combined version and here you have the complete track now!
Here the details:
part 1: 0 to 10’35: both sources
Part 2 : 10’35 to 12’15 solely the previous recording
Part 3 : 12’35 to 14’16 both sources
Part 4 : 14’16 to 15’05 solely Maidenlane recording
Part 5 : 15’05 to the end both sources

Because I like both versions (mixed and merged) I decided to post them but because of their length it will be in two separate volumes.

Here you will find the 2 sources mixed version

As usual I used a lot the infos taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid until 05/10/23
[we.tl]
Mdl/FP Vol 19 'B' on Saturday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-29 08:24 by StonyRoad.

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 19a - 1990.03.28 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show (2 sources mixed)
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: September 28, 2023 11:29

THx

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 19a - 1990.03.28 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show (2 sources mixed)
Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: September 28, 2023 11:31

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: September 28, 2023 12:31

Thank You

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: September 28, 2023 13:39

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 28, 2023 21:49

Thanks a lot Norbert!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: September 29, 2023 01:59

thumbs up

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: September 29, 2023 04:29

Thank you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1601
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home