Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 01 - 1986.11.30 - NYC (Bottom Line) - 2nd show
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: July 5, 2023 10:01

The Maidenlane Recordings:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians.
In our first series we first published the concerts that had never been circulated in any form. By listening to the others we discovered that many of his alternative recordings were interesting too. In the second series we publish the “Maidenlane ALTS” which will feature recordings that are either in better sound quality, more complete or sound differently from previous releases.
In this last series we present the result of mixes and merges which will be similar to the Frankenstein productions (of my FP-series).
Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….

Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN’S VERSIONS
VOLUME 01
Mick Taylor and the Hot Water Band
30th November 1986
NEW YORK CITY
The Bottom Line
(2nd show)
- 2 sources MERGED version -

30th November 1986: New York City, The Bottom Line (2nd show)
Line-up: MT (gtr)/Jon Young (voc, keyb, congas)/Wayne Hammond (bass)/Mike Cullen (dr)
Recording information: from taper’s master coming from a Sony WMD-3 recorder (using included clip-on stereo mic).

We have already published a recording of this show (cf. “The Maidenlane Alternates – Vol 01”).
To control the speed I made mixes between the 2 sources. I noticed that the mixture of these 2 sources sometimes gave an interesting result. One of the 2 sources (or both) weren’t running in a regular speed, so I had to work in small chunks of 30 seconds. I present the most interesting mixes here.

The merged version: (on left channel the previous source used in FP 043 and on right channel the Maidenlane source).
01 - Intro and tuning
02 - Tusks
03 - Put It Where You Want It
04 - Giddy Up
05 - Red House

As usual I used a lot the infos taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid until 12/07/23
[we.tl]

next ALTS series volume on Friday

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 01 - 1986.11.30 - NYC (Bottom Line) - 2nd show
Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: July 5, 2023 10:37

Thanks very much!!!

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: Maidenlane FRANKENSTEIN's Versions Vol 01 - 1986.11.30 - NYC (Bottom Line) - 2nd show
Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: July 5, 2023 11:06

Thank You

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: July 5, 2023 11:52

thumbs up

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: July 5, 2023 13:08

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: July 5, 2023 21:04

Thanks, awesome effort!

maidenlane.world

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: July 5, 2023 22:44

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: July 6, 2023 01:53

Thank you.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 6, 2023 22:33

THX

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: July 7, 2023 02:34

Thank You Norbert!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 7, 2023 23:53

Thanks a lot Norbert and team!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Previous page Next page First page IORR home