Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: 1978-06-14 Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ [GARDEN STATE 78 - SD 3957] (De-clicked and minor EQ-ing) [FLAC]
Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: March 6, 2022 20:48

ORIGINAL NOTES:

The Rolling Stones 1978-06-14 Capitol theater Passiac, N.J. (FLAC)

This is a classic stones show, taken from the original 2-lp set "garden state 78" which has a warmer sound. nothing official, nothing on tracker, thanks to uploader on another site, the jimcracker, and everyone else. enjoy:

original notes:

The Rolling Stones
Capitol Theater, Passaic, New Jersey
14 June 1978
EX Mixing Desk Recording
Download > Click Repair > Audacity [inc mda_image plugin] > TLH > FLAC
De-clicked and minor EQ-ing of GARDEN STATE 78 (double album vinyl rip of SMILIN' DORK RECORD CO. - SD 3957)

CD 1
46 Minutes

01 Let It Rock
02 All Down The Line
03 Honky Tonk Women
04 Starf*cker
05 When The Whip Comes Down
06 Miss You declicked
07 Just My Imagination
08 Lies
09 Beast Of Burden

CD 2
46 Minutes

10 Respectable
11 Far Away Eyes
12 Love In vain - Band Introductions
13 Shattered
14 Sweet Little Sixteen
15 Tumbling Dice
16 Happy
17 Brown Sugar
18 Jumping Jack Flash
19 Street Fighting Man

I de-clicked this for myself...little more I can say really apart from I always thought
the CD was great, now I like this is even better!

Minor alterations were carried out - shifting the balance over (using Audacity) and decreasing gain in order for to avoid such amendments going 'into the red'. Minor widening of the stereo image (using the mda_image plug-in) on the tracks where the signal / recording went to much more narrow stereo. The above adjustments varied per track hence providing a complete list of the minor variation per track on the above adjustments would look rather silly. De-clicking carried out using Click Repair.

On the vast majority of tracks the click removal worked a treat. On some (notably Honky Tonk Women), the odd click was still audible : I elected not to change the settings for'tougher' click removal, as I was wary that such treatments can end up removing some of the ambience or worse, the music. The clicks that were still audible were more minor tuts in the background, and the most scratch laden tracks sounded a lot better, so I was happy.

I think this is amongst the Stones' best performances, so enjoy.

Download link: [we.tl]

Many thanks holdingcell from TTD!

Related topic:
POST: Garden State 1978 (No Label) inc. US radio (WPLJ 95.5 FM Broadcast). live at Passaic, Capitol Theatre, 14 June, 1978 [iorr.org]
Download link: [we.tl]
Valid 12 March

----

---

“I got nasty habits; I take tea at three.”

Re: POST: 1978-06-14 Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ [GARDEN STATE 78 - SD 3957] (De-clicked and minor EQ-ing) [FLAC]
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:41

hot smiley

Re: POST: 1978-06-14 Capitol Theater, Passaic, NJ [GARDEN STATE 78 - SD 3957] (De-clicked and minor EQ-ing) [FLAC]
Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:46

My first Stones show!
I had the bootleg vinyl and then had it on cassette.
thx for posting.

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: March 6, 2022 21:58

Thank you Gonza!

Jorge ... Rosario,Agentina!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: March 7, 2022 20:59

Thanks!

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: March 7, 2022 21:10

Thanks a bunch for this version.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 09:23

spikenyc
My first Stones show!
I had the bootleg vinyl and then had it on cassette.
thx for posting.

Great! Would You like to share your memories?
This recording is one of my all time favorites. The only tour, which didn't come over to europe. I was 16 and waiting for them to come... I had to wait until 1982.
I still have my original vinyl of "Some Girls" and it's still one of my favorite albums.
I remember my first bootleg of this show including a single with "Sweet Little 16" and "Satisfaction" in a beautifull rough version.
So, please share your memories of this outstanding show!
Greetings from Germany

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 8, 2022 09:23

thnx for sharing

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: March 8, 2022 09:24

Thank you for this great upload and you efforts making it even better!

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: March 8, 2022 16:22

thanks Gonzalo

Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: March 8, 2022 23:48

Thnx for sharing

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 8, 2022 23:54

Thank you Gonzalo!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: March 9, 2022 03:42

micha063

Great! Would You like to share your memories?
This recording is one of my all time favorites. The only tour, which didn't come over to europe. I was 16 and waiting for them to come... I had to wait until 1982.
I still have my original vinyl of "Some Girls" and it's still one of my favorite albums.

I remember my first bootleg of this show including a single with "Sweet Little 16" and "Satisfaction" in a beautifull rough version.

So, please share your memories of this outstanding show!

Greetings from Germany

I remember this vinyl with the 45.

The 45 had "Satisfaction" from Philadelphia and "Sweet Little Sixteen" from New Jersey.

I remember playing "Just My Imagination" over and over. "Miss You" was based on a guitar riff. "Far Away Eyes" and "Sweet Little Sixteen" were the best version s from the tour.

"Far Away Eyes" and "Sweet Little Sixteen" were better performances than "Handsome Girls" but the sound didn't match to make my own "Best of '78."

I played "Sweet Little Sixteen," over and over. I used to say Mick's lines before the song started. From memory, "Here's an old Rod Stewart number we learned many years ago when we were still in kindergarten. I've forgotten the words, but Keith will help me out ... They're really Rockin' in Boston, Philadelphia PA..."

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: March 9, 2022 15:24

Many thanks for this...I was going to Washington State U in Pullman and during a break in my class schedule I went to Seattle and at a killer record shop in the University District I found and bought "Garden State '78"...PURE BLISS!!! When I got home I ripped the vinyl to cassette and played it in my car for like six months straight...since then I've grabbed quite a few versions so this will have a nice home!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 9, 2022 22:19

THX

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2336
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home