Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

English Rose & Man Eating Woman
Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 12, 2020 23:50

Would anybody be able to post these two tracks? Believe these are from the Goats Head Soup Sessions. Thanks!! smileys with beer

Re: English Rose & Man Eating Woman
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 13, 2020 01:16

I've got only two short 1975 versions:
[www.filefactory.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-13 12:37 by BlueTurns2Grey.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: September 13, 2020 01:49

Man Eating Woman
(Black And Blue Sessions)

[wetransfer.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-09-13 02:12 by StoneZP.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 13, 2020 10:07

The theory is that all these versions were recorded during the Goats Head Soup-sessions and the recordings we have is actually The Rolling Stones listening to their leftovers during the Black And Blues-sessions.

N

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: September 13, 2020 12:26

BlueTurns2Grey
I've got only English Rose (instr.) from 1973:
[www.filefactory.com]
and two short 1975 versions:
[www.filefactory.com]

Your "English Rose (instr.) from 1973" is in fact the unidentified instrumental from the Exile-sessions 1971 that was first found among a batch of outtakes which allegedly come from the estate of Nicky Hopkins.

N

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: September 13, 2020 12:36

NeddieFlanders
BlueTurns2Grey
I've got only English Rose (instr.) from 1973:
[www.filefactory.com]
and two short 1975 versions:
[www.filefactory.com]

Your "English Rose (instr.) from 1973" is in fact the unidentified instrumental from the Exile-sessions 1971 that was first found among a batch of outtakes which allegedly come from the estate of Nicky Hopkins.

N

Thanks for your info. It's one of many unsorted tracks on my hd. It was titled 'english rose instrumental' when I received it. I had no time to prove it yet, but wanted to do a favour, sorry. I'll delete this track.

Posted by: JordyLicks96 ()
Date: September 13, 2020 17:58

Thanks everyone for the info and the links! Much appreciated!! smileys with beer

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: September 14, 2020 00:45

Thanks

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 14, 2020 12:26

NeddieFlanders
The theory is that all these versions were recorded during the Goats Head Soup-sessions and the recordings we have is actually The Rolling Stones listening to their leftovers during the Black And Blues-sessions.

N

Yes, although one thing is fairly certain it's that the partial recordings we have do come from the infamous "mic in maibox of the Stones mobile recording studio" parked outside the De Doelen studios in Rotterdam in early 1975 that originally circulated as 4x90' cassettes.

I remember that someone here had pieced together the fragments of "English Rose" to make a longer version. One does hope that they were playbacks from the IORR sessions though as that would give us hope that they'd be included in a possible IORR Deluxe...if not that ship will have sailed :-(

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home