Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Filefactory vs Wetransfer question
Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 10, 2017 21:20

Hi all, I'm curious about the many requests over the past year for files that are kept by Stonesvault in Filefactory being asked for in Wetransfer.

To request an upload for what's already available seems unnecessary time consuming for the uploader to me.

Is their a valid reason this occurs please?

Is it connectivity issues?

Re: Filefactory vs Wetransfer question
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 10, 2017 21:45

if you have a slow download with FileFactory, it takes ages. if you want a fast download with FF, you have to pay.(for instance e 13 per month)

WeTransfer works fast and is free of charge.

This is the reason why i ask for people to post it on WeTransfer.its fast and its free. that way, i can save money for the next stonesgigs in the UK.

Jeroen

Date: December 10, 2017 21:59

corriecas
if you have a slow download with FileFactory, it takes ages. if you want a fast download with FF, you have to pay.(for instance e 13 per month)

This is the reason why i ask for people to post it on WeTransfer.its fast and its free. that way, i can save money for the next stonesgigs in the UK.

Jeroen

Hello Jergen,

Thanks for that good answer, I did not know about the 'slow' standard service from Filefactory.

I have another midimannz release out shortly and wondered about the best way to get it out when I'm very time short [read no computer, just ipad] in the next month or so....

Date: December 10, 2017 22:27

midimannz
corriecas

Jeroen

Hello Jergen,

Thanks for that good answer, I did not know about the 'slow' standard service from Filefactory.

I have another midimannz release out shortly and wondered about the best way to get it out when I'm very time short [read no computer, just ipad] in the next month or so....

You are welcome.
jeroen

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 10, 2017 22:34

The other main difference is that File Factory makes you wait an hour between downloads when you use the free service whereas Wetransfer lets you download as many as you like without limitations including simultaneous downloads.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: December 11, 2017 00:04

The files on WT don't just appear...we are all reliant on the generosity of the many people who are kind enough to take the time and effort to share on WT.

Nothing is for free - it costs money to store on Stonesvault on FF to allow sharing on WT
(my next contribution is on the way - good reminder!)
Of course, the files are only available for a short time as well...then somebody asks for a reload because they missed it...

I appreciate the money angle (saving up for gigs costs serious money)...
...but I hope that everybody who downloads for 'free' appreciates the cost to others - and also contributes where they can for this fantastic 'service'...

Thanks again to all the usual suspects - lots of them, we are truly blessed here - you know who you are!
smileys with beer

Date: December 11, 2017 10:50

Zagalo
The files on WT don't just appear...we are all reliant on the generosity of the many people who are kind enough to take the time and effort to share on WT.

Nothing is for free - it costs money to store on Stonesvault on FF to allow sharing on WT
Of course, the files are only available for a short time as well...then somebody asks for a reload because they missed it...

...but I hope that everybody who downloads for 'free' appreciates the cost to others - and also contributes where they can for this fantastic 'service'...

Thanks again to all the usual suspects - lots of them, we are truly blessed here - you know who you are!
smileys with beer

How can i donate money for the Stonesvault??
jeroen

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: December 11, 2017 12:35

File Factory is terrible slow

Posted by: joguema ()
Date: December 11, 2017 15:56

I let jDownloader manage most of my downloads over night, when it does not bother me whether it is slow or fast.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: December 11, 2017 19:12

Sici
File Factory is terrible slow

I don't think so;
I'm currently downloading a Who show from FF with about 240 KB/s.
That's fine with me, I can wait.
Downloaded something from Nitroflare over the weekend,
speed: 20 KB/s.
That's what I call slow!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 11, 2017 19:21

midimannz
Hi all, I'm curious about the many requests over the past year for files that are kept by Stonesvault in Filefactory being asked for in Wetransfer.

To request an upload for what's already available seems unnecessary time consuming for the uploader to me.

Is it connectivity issues?

We all know wetransfer expires in a week.
It is easy to overlook the posted links when you are not logged-in.
I always log-in and get all posts marked with NEW when it is a new post or when a new reply has been done.
Each reply can contain an additional link and being logged-in I will not miss anything and get the wetransfers in time.
When you finished reading a post you can press the button Mark Thread Read

All links from Midimannz were in wetransfer
Stonesvault is my backup (as for as uploaded)
As service to all I publish my links here
I know Filefactory has this policy

I used to expirence the same problems with Rapidshare
I Saved up the links in an excel and when I had time I bought myself a months premium and in one or two days I downloaded all noted links + after that I had the benefit of the account for 29 further days.
Taken in count what one has to pay for a 2cd or a dvd, what is that compaired to a months premium Filefactory.

To repeat the question .............

Ofcourse not.
Files still are available but for free members harder to get than by the initional wetransfer.
FF Links stay available for a very long time (as long as the accounts are extended)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-11 20:01 by stonesmuziekfan.

Date: December 11, 2017 20:09

corriecas
Zagalo

smileys with beer

jeroen

Hi, here’s the stonesvault details to donate,

[iorr.org]

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: December 11, 2017 20:12

corriecas

Jeroen

Now if people would have a look here daily to see if a new WT upload is available, those requests for re-uploads would really diminish ;-)

Chris from Belgium

Date: December 11, 2017 20:27

corriecas
Zagalo

smileys with beer

jeroen

Here's the IORR page to the Stonesvault, and here's a direct link to donate.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 11, 2017 21:17

coowouters
corriecas

Jeroen

Now if people would have a look here daily to see if a new WT upload is available, those requests for re-uploads would really diminish ;-)

Agreed 100% with you Chris!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 12, 2017 16:55

Quique-stone
coowouters
corriecas

Jeroen

Agreed 100% with you Chris!

And log-in to find out what is new.

Posted by: mcp ()
Date: December 14, 2017 21:53

I don't find FileFactory downloads to be slow. I had bought a lifetime subscription a while ago, and can keep as much data as I want in their cloud, as well as search all the files held on FileFactory (and, of course, all of StonesVault).

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 14, 2017 22:04

mcp
I don't find FileFactory downloads to be slow. I had bought a lifetime subscription a while ago, and can keep as much data as I want in their cloud, as well as search all the files held on FileFactory (and, of course, all of StonesVault).

But it's different if you use it as a free user.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1620
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home