Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From A. Korner to The All Star Band - Vol 05 "Benefit Concert For Ethiopia" - 09th December 1984 - Edinburgh feat STU, CW , Jack Bruce, Rory Gallagher etc...
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: December 2, 2017 12:54

Some Stones Sidesteps: From Alexis Korner toThe All Star Band
This is a series of shows provided by nzb to present the side project of some of the Stones-members (Ian 'Stu' Stewart, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman), who accompanied and paid tribute to one of the fathers of English blues rock: Alexis Korner.

Thanks very much to nzb that provided us his recordings, to Jaap (Stonesmuziekfan) who gave critic and advise regarding my work and to my friend Riccardo (MrNo) who participated to a big part of my collection.

………………………………………………………………………………………….

Volume 05
“All Star Band – Benefit Concert For Ethiopia”

09th December 1984: Edinburgh, Scotland, The Usher Hall
Line-up: CW (dr)/STU (p)/Rory Gallagher (gtr, voc)/Jack Bruce (bass, voc)/Don Weller (sax)/Willie Garnett (sax)/John Picard (tb)/Dick Heckstall-Smith (sax)/Rick Wakeman (org)/John Martyn (gtr; on just a few songs)
Note: Benefit concert for Ethiopia.

Tracklist:
CD1:
01 - introduction
02 - Back At The Chicken Shack
03 - First Time I Met The Blues
04 - Neighbor, Neighbor
05 - Mellow Down Easy
06 - I Wonder Who
CD2:
01 - My Baby She Left Me
02 - Walking Blues
03 - Waiting For The Call
04 - Born Under A Bad Sign
05 - Messin' With The Kid
06 -Nadine

(infos taken from The Rolling Stones Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf
[nzentgraf.de]).

We had 3 versions for this show: Jaap's, nzb's and mine - a single cd-r coming from my Rory Gallagher collection (I’m a huge fan of him): all these versions are coming from the same source, but mine was the only one which was lossless. So I only used the other ones to complete “Waiting For The Call”, as this track was cut after 7’49s.To complete it I used a mix of nzb’s and Jaap’s version and the result is astonishing, because the frequencies seem to be complete now and the transition invisible.
I did slightly upgrade the intro/end of the cd-r's a little bit and I cut some gaps between «Walking Blues» & «Waiting For The Call» - nothing more.
I used the two pictures from “Chris Is” found on [www.flickr.com].
For the front I made a little montage of both pictures to add CW on the better quality picture and I used the second without any changes for the back cover.

it's a little pics montage

link valid until 09 december 2017
[we.tl]
Posted by StonyRoad on IORR in December 2017

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-02 12:56 by StonyRoad.

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From A. Korner to The All Star Band - Vol 05 "Benefit Concert For Ethiopia" - 09th December 1984 - Edinburgh feat STU, CW , Jack Bruce, Rory Gallagher etc...
Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 2, 2017 12:58

thumbs up

Re: POST: Stones Sidesteps Series: From A. Korner to The All Star Band - Vol 05 "Benefit Concert For Ethiopia" - 09th December 1984 - Edinburgh feat STU, CW , Jack Bruce, Rory Gallagher etc...
Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: December 2, 2017 13:19

Thanks. A show from my hometown. A great series with great artwork.

Posted by: emr9410 ()
Date: December 2, 2017 13:28

Thanks Norbert

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: December 2, 2017 15:24

a weekend with charlie watts

....hapsnurker..eye rolling smiley

some editing,
hope you like it

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-12-02 16:46 by j.b.goode.

Posted by: finn ()
Date: December 2, 2017 15:54

Thank You!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 2, 2017 16:34

Thanks again.
Jeroen

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: December 2, 2017 16:41

thanks for the latest in the series

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: December 2, 2017 17:36

Thank you Norbert - and from my home City - thumbs up

Posted by: elmuseo ()
Date: December 2, 2017 18:55

thanks Norbet gor your great series

Posted by: Mimi73 ()
Date: December 2, 2017 19:27

Thank you for that!
Sit on my desk for home office
and really enjoy a little break...

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: December 2, 2017 23:53

Some line up on these. Thanks

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 3, 2017 11:55

Thank You Norbert! smileys with beer

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: December 3, 2017 13:14

Great, but don't understand why split in 2 cds as the total is barely over 70 m.

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: December 4, 2017 09:20

Thanks a lot!
CrazyMama

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: December 4, 2017 23:32

Thanks for your work Norbert

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2831
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home