Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Trade music
Posted by: andrewironside ()
Date: July 5, 2016 05:44

Hi there everybody, I am writing to see why people do not want to trade music anymore as I a member of a couple of trading music sites and I love to send music to other parts of the world and I am keeping the faith of good music alive, I know what people are going to say that they have not got time and postage is so expensive what I say that is a load of hog wash to me I live at the end of the world in New Zealand and I have sent music to Europe U S A the Artic circle and many other places, and made a lot of people very happy. So I hope I have get some people back on board we surly did collect music to gather dust in the attic did we. That's my 2 cents worth.

Re: Trade music
Date: July 5, 2016 06:36

Here's the sub-forum for trading, buying, and selling music/Stones items, either physical copies or digital.

As for myself, I simply do not feel comfortable giving my personal info out to others, especially not an address, and I will cite cost and time as my second and third defense. Call it hogwash all you want, but I simply don't have the time, nor the extra dough, to send someone a CD (without selling it, of course).

Just to double-check, were you referencing bootleg recordings, or official albums?

Date: July 5, 2016 06:47

I will add this, though- if you do wish to trade recordings via Internet with me, I'd be more than glad to. In my eyes, it still spreads the joy while cutting out the cost and a few days/weeks (hopefully). I've been compiling an Excel spreadsheet with all of my shows, DVD, audio (CD, digital, and some vinyl), and am considering adding cassette tapes/VHS once I convert them. Some are Stones, but there's also a wealth of Bruce Springsteen, Beatles (solo and together), and (for comedy recordings) "Weird Al".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2016-07-05 06:50 by BeforeTheyMakeMeRun.

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: July 5, 2016 08:29

Two words CHANGED how I trade music... "BIT TORRENT" - and now with FAT internet
the days of snail mail trading (for the most part) are done, sorry to say, but I too sent discs all over the planet

Posted by: andrewironside ()
Date: July 5, 2016 09:39

Hi again, I know everybody does it different these days and people who uses the different torrents and other forms it is there call on that one. Can before they make me run make contact with me as I would like to see his list my email is aironside@xtra.co.nz and I will send a link to my web page. I was referencing to bootleg recordings.I was just putting my voice across.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: July 5, 2016 12:06

As already posted -- this is where people go for all related to collecting, trading, discussions of same, etc.

[www.iorr.org]

Date: July 5, 2016 19:00

Email sent.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 5, 2016 19:04

there's something called youtube that may have impacted this desire.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: July 6, 2016 07:10

Everything is downloaded. I ask for something and some great person uploads it.

Date: July 6, 2016 07:52

exilestones
Everything is downloaded. I ask for something and some great person uploads it.

thumbs up And sometimes you get to be that great person later on down the road.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1548
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home