Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NEW BOOK - Men of Wealth and Taste (Ltd. 200 copies)
Posted by: VODBooks ()
Date: January 28, 2016 21:37

Centipede Press has just published Men of Wealth and Taste, a book featuring the complete photographs of the Beggars Banquet shoot by Michael Joseph.

Publisher's website

From the publisher:

"Except for a single showing of these images at a gallery in London, the complete Michael Joseph photographs of The Rolling Stones have never before been seen, and the gallery of photographs has, needless to say, never before been published in book form, until now. This book presents the entire known collection of Joseph’s photographs, printed here in striking fidlety for the first (and probably last) time ever, complete with detail views, in a stunning, landscape format, oversize package.

In addition, this book features a brief epigraph by Keith Richards, written solely for this book, and an original 10,000 word essay by noted Stones expert Robert Greenfield. Greenfield’s essay describes the genesis of the record, with a blow-by-blow account of the creation of each song. He also talks extensively about producer Jimmy Miller, who made such huge contributions to the Stones’ sound; engineer Glyn Johns; the legendary Olympic Studios where the album was recorded; the castle where the exterior shots were taken; and the mysterious mansion Sarum Chase, where the stunning interior photographs were taken.

This edition is printed on thick, acid-free art paper, with the works reproduced at the impressive high resolution standard usually reserved only for production of museum quality art books. The print run is limited to 200 copies, each one signed by Robert Greenfield. This is your chance to own not only the definitive photographic record of the Stones right at the start of their run of domination of rock and roll, but also the definitive account of the making of the record."

This book is selling fast. Just thought I'd let everyone know. If you miss out on their site, I will have a couple of copies in hand for sale shortly.

VODBooks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-01-28 22:14 by VODBooks.

Re: NEW BOOK - Men of Wealth and Taste (Ltd. 200 copies)
Date: January 29, 2016 20:56

Actually, I will have ONE copy for sale.

VODBooks

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 29, 2016 22:55

Where was it printed?
How many pages does it have?

Date: January 31, 2016 00:37

Will let you know - I'll have them in hand Monday or Tuesday...

VODBooks

Posted by: woody ()
Date: January 31, 2016 13:59

Hi
Will the book be available in England.
Many Thanks.

Date: February 1, 2016 17:22

Thanks everyone. I have now sold through all of my copies.

Any questions should be directed to the publisher at:

[www.centipedepress.com]

VODBooks

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 1, 2016 18:31

by Michael Joseph

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: February 1, 2016 19:09

Thanx for the pretty pictures
smileys with beer

Posted by: woody ()
Date: August 26, 2016 06:33

Hi
can this good looking book be purchased in England ?
many thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home