Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Post by request: A Rolling Stone Real Alone CaptainAcid Remaster - 2 Versions
Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: December 9, 2015 17:45

Keith Richards - "A Rolling Stone Real Alone" NEW CaptainAcid NEW Remaster
and
Keith Richards - "A Rolling Stone Real Alone" 35th Anniversary CaptainAcid Remaster

Artwork for both versions included

WT link valid until December 16th:
[we.tl]

And

Enjoy!

Chris from Belgium

Re: Post by request: A Rolling Stone Real Alone CaptainAcid Remaster - 2 Versions
Posted by: alba61 ()
Date: December 9, 2015 18:45

thank you, thank you, thank you

Re: Post by request: A Rolling Stone Real Alone CaptainAcid Remaster - 2 Versions
Posted by: Carlosjagger ()
Date: December 9, 2015 19:21

Many , many , many thaks !!!

Danke

Posted by: tomcat 6 ()
Date: December 9, 2015 19:27

Thanks for this..

Posted by: kitoise ()
Date: December 9, 2015 22:14

Many thanks Chris!!

Posted by: SanctifiedMind ()
Date: December 9, 2015 23:29

many thanks!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: December 9, 2015 23:34

many thanks !

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: December 9, 2015 23:42

Chris thanks a million for these

Posted by: crisscross ()
Date: December 10, 2015 00:55

Thanks for the download

Posted by: ede ()
Date: December 10, 2015 08:07

many many thanks

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: December 10, 2015 08:44

coowouters
and
Keith Richards - "A Rolling Stone Real Alone" 35th Anniversary CaptainAcid Remaster

[we.tl]

And

Enjoy!

Hi, ask a question.

What is the difference between these two versions?

Thank you

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 10, 2015 18:01

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: December 10, 2015 20:06

keithpinkmoon
coowouters
and

[we.tl]

Enjoy!

Hi, ask a question.

What is the difference between these two versions?

Thank you

Here’s what the Captain says about the old version:

NEW VERSION - PITCH & PHASE CORRECTED ( Finished 29. December 2011 )
Hi Stones fanatics,
this is something I wanted to do for years. Actually I have tried before, but was not satisfied with the results. But since then I have found much better sources. I would like to thank to 3 guys for this. First, Silkcut for his vinyl rip of "The Toronto Session", than Midnrambler for posting on HC "Keith Richards 1981 & 1983" and in the end Erik Snow for his post of VGP-377 "Keith Richards - A Stone Alone".
My remastering was just some EQ and level correction. After years of remastering bootlegs my philosophy is less is more, what I am trying to say is that most of the bootleg remasters suffer from being over-done. It looks like people are just drawn to do something, just because they can. There was no noise reduction or compression used on this one, no brick-wall!
Another fantastic artwork was done by Mr.D.
Enjoy
Captain Acid November 2011

And here about the other version (which is version 3, I don’t know what happened to version 2):

Hi Gang,
this is a new version ( 35th Anniversary ), I have done a completely new remaster. Azimuth misalignment correction, new pitch & level correction and a bit of EQ

There were few things I was still unhappy about. First, there was still a bit of that annoying mid frequency, so I have cut it down a bit. At the same time I have added a touch of bass and a tiny bit of treble. Much better now.
Another thing, in those first 9 tracks (second disc), was that the levels were not perfect, yet. Sometime the sax was way up too loud and Keith`s vocals too low. I have fixed it now, again much better. Just listen to that second track ( Over The Rainbow) and hear how the sax is not brutally loud anymore, for the first time ever.

And this is the 35th Anniversary Edition.
Version 03 - An Upgrade.
If you have the previous version, you can delete it now.

Captain Acid May 2012

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: December 10, 2015 20:31

Version 3 is THE BEST, you don`t need other versions smoking smiley

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: December 12, 2015 09:59

Many thanks for the info about these versions !!!

OK, I'll take Ver.3 smileys with beer

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: December 12, 2015 13:16

Thank you, Chris. I didn't have the 35th anniversary version. Merry Christmas!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1427
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home