Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Milan 1970 new bootlegs
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:56

OK, here's a bit of the history of the evening show. A couple of years ago some film of the show was converted to video & cobbled together with six tracks of the show with not much regard to syncing properly. This DVD was posted here at the time & freely available.

DAC then took those six tracks & released them, along with the two 1969 shows from Champaign, as DAC-081-Vintage Champaign.

One of our members was then offered the complete audio tape & put out a request on the forum to help him buy it. Several of us responded & as it turned out, two tapes were purchased. The main one was quite clear & complete but had all sorts of tape glitches & the cassette ran out just before the end of MR. The second tape was more muffled, ran out during BS but had the complete ending of MR.

It took a while to fix the tape, smoothing over the glitches with the second tape, speed correcting, several instances of "should I go this way or that?" but eventually it was finished & passed out to all the helpers with the owner's proviso that it be kept private.

And so it has remained until now, I have no idea how the bootleggers got the tape, could even be the current owner wanting to get a bit of return on his investment, but the cat is out of the bag & we now all have a new show to enjoy.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:16

dcba
Imho this is the most enjoyable 1970 show/tape available so far...

In my opinion too; this is a real treasure; only Essen 1970 comes close

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:37

vox12string
OK, here's a bit of the history of the evening show. A couple of years ago some film of the show was converted to video & cobbled together with six tracks of the show with not much regard to syncing properly. This DVD was posted here at the time & freely available.

DAC then took those six tracks & released them, along with the two 1969 shows from Champaign, as DAC-081-Vintage Champaign.

One of our members was then offered the complete audio tape & put out a request on the forum to help him buy it. Several of us responded & as it turned out, two tapes were purchased. The main one was quite clear & complete but had all sorts of tape glitches & the cassette ran out just before the end of MR. The second tape was more muffled, ran out during BS but had the complete ending of MR.

It took a while to fix the tape, smoothing over the glitches with the second tape, speed correcting, several instances of "should I go this way or that?" but eventually it was finished & passed out to all the helpers with the owner's proviso that it be kept private.

And so it has remained until now, I have no idea how the bootleggers got the tape, could even be the current owner wanting to get a bit of return on his investment, but the cat is out of the bag & we now all have a new show to enjoy.

I don't get it, vox. You did upload it yourself, didn't you? So the one Rank Stranger uploaded isn't 'new'. Is that correct? I have the same bootleg that Hervé mentioned, with your text included (the one wich mentions the name Vanni).

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 11, 2015 14:46

Erik_Snow
dcba

... though I could live with a shorter Keef solo on SFTD! >grinning smiley<
Otoh I find the raptuous applause on PSon heart-warming. What a world of difference with what happened in Berlin when that one was played...

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: March 11, 2015 15:52

vox12string
OK, here's a bit of the history of the evening show...

Thanks for the history and of course for the mixing/remastering.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: March 11, 2015 15:52

Not sure what you mean kleermaker. I don't have the new boots to compare, but what I'm reading is that yes, it's the same recording that I mastered & created the artwork for & then sent onto the original group.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: March 11, 2015 16:46

Erik_Snow
dcba

Erik, Shake Your Hips (Berlin 1970) is among the shining stars of that tour's (their best, IMHO) boots.

Date: March 11, 2015 16:58

HEILOOBAAS
Erik_Snow
dcba

Erik, Shake Your Hips (Berlin 1970) is among the shining stars of that tour's (their best, IMHO) boots.

For me Essen is still the best bootleg from the 1970 tour. The 'new' Milan second is among the top three fur sure.

Posted by: 5strings ()
Date: March 11, 2015 19:52

Maybe someone can make a remaster of it ?
Teague Raw ? !!!grinning smiley

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: March 11, 2015 20:27

Erik_Snow
Well I'm not the one who went behind other peoples backs, in case anybody is wondering, I never break a promise. One of the best 1970 recordings for sure. Deserves to be spread and enjoyed by the many

Welcome, my friend. It's nice to have you back. I'll give this a listen when I get a chance. I have new noise to share with you very soon.

Date: March 12, 2015 00:40

Will we be receiving an upload here?

Posted by: WetWillie ()
Date: March 12, 2015 16:05

I would appreicate an upload to wetransfer or filefactory or mega. Thanks in advance.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 12, 2015 19:39

WetWillie
I would appreicate an upload to wetransfer or filefactory or mega. Thanks in advance.

And here..........smileys with beer

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: March 13, 2015 10:12

Is it not the one in the first post on the thread below?

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-13 10:13 by still ill.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: March 13, 2015 12:48

5strings
Maybe someone can make a remaster of it ?
Teague Raw ? !!!grinning smiley

Captain Acid !

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 13, 2015 13:08

Imho it doesn't require much rework. It runs at the right speed and the EQ is good as in "natural".
Let the Japanese bootleggers destroy this with a 20dB volume amplification and insane treble boost! grinning smiley
Who'll do the worst job? Bets are open.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 13, 2015 13:31

Link good til March 18th:

[www.wetransfer.com]

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: March 13, 2015 14:26

It is also up on DIME:[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones in Milan on Oct. 1st, 1970.
Second show.

Tape discovered by a member from IORR, he bought the cassette
from the person, who taped the show.
Digital transfer done by an Australian member from IORR.
That's where I got my cd-r from.

Cd-r ripped with EAC (secure Mode) to Wave> Flac 6 with TLH; no need for sector alignment.

Back-cover stolen from the no-label bootleg release!

Rank Stranger
March 2015

Tracklist:

01 Jumping Jack Flash
02 Roll Over Beethoven
03 Sympathy For The Devil
04 Stray Cat Blues
05 Love In Vain
06 Prodigal Son
07 Dead Flowers
08 Midnight Rambler
09 Live with Me
10 Let It Rock
11 Little Queenie
12 Brown Sugar
13 Honky Tonk Women
14 Street Fighting Man

Length: 67:22"

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: March 13, 2015 14:46

Thanks....

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 13, 2015 15:05

dcba
Imho it doesn't require much rework. It runs at the right speed and the EQ is good as in "natural".
Let the Japanese bootleggers destroy this with a 20dB volume amplification and insane treble boost! grinning smiley
Who'll do the worst job? Bets are open.

Gotta agree. I think the two fine gentleman named are sonic geniuses, but some tapes just sound fine all natural. Not everything needs artificial enhancements...

Date: March 13, 2015 15:58

Rank Stranger

[www.wetransfer.com]

Thanks very much.........thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 13, 2015 18:15

Seems I Always am running late.
Learned about this today and will download instandly,
Thanks a million.

Date: March 13, 2015 18:41

stonesmuziekfan
Thanks a million.

Better ever than never, stonesmuziekfan winking smiley

Just joking: the stonesvault is timeless!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: March 13, 2015 19:03

stonesmuziekfan
Thanks a million.

I thought you already got it from ELL!?!

Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: March 13, 2015 19:14

Greatly appreciated!!!

Date: March 13, 2015 19:35

EddieByword
Rank Stranger

[www.wetransfer.com]

Thanks very much.........thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Just been playing it in the car...great stuff.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-03-14 03:40 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: March 14, 2015 01:42

vox12string

Thanks for the info. I had a copy of the glitchy complete CDR and couldn't listen to it, the glitches were so bad. I am pleased that some people took the time to combine the sources for best possible quality. Looking forward to listening to it.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: March 15, 2015 15:50

Rank Stranger
stonesmuziekfan
Thanks a million.

I thought you already got it from ELL!?!

Yeah, right, did download because I didn't have it, not knowing it was never released befor.

silly me.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: January 14, 2017 16:34

Request:
MF 80/81/82
The Rolling Stones - Live in Milan 1970 October 1, 1st and 2nd show. DVD is not required

Many, many thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-01-14 16:35 by elmod.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2202
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home