Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

CD burning
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: January 20, 2015 02:45

Can anyone recommend a good free and safe burning software to download. Recently had computer crash, lost lots of music and programs. Thanks in advance.

Re: CD burning
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: January 20, 2015 02:49

What operating system do you use?

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 20, 2015 02:55

Ha! My question exactly. I just use the one in the Windows Media Player. Seems to work fine. I'm sure you could spend more $ if you wanted.

Date: January 20, 2015 03:04

I have Windows 8, I even lost Windows Media Player so was seeing if there was anything better out there to use.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 20, 2015 03:29

It'll never top this burn-up ....

ROCKMAN

Date: January 20, 2015 04:24

I use iTunes...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: January 20, 2015 05:18

Rockman

If they only knew what some of those first pressings would be worth in 2015....

There are plenty of sites which review CD burning software, but you get what you pay for. If you want a free burner use the one that comes with your computer or iTunes. With iTunes you can back up your collection to the cloud in case of crashes.

You can always download Media Player free from the Windows site if you lost it.

peace

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: January 20, 2015 15:05

Rockman

Or this one!

Date: January 20, 2015 15:12

This one works fine, if you don't wanna use iTunes, Windows Media Player, VLC or all the other free players with writing functions included:

[cdburnerxp.se]

Date: January 20, 2015 18:05

I have used quite a few and the 2 best that I have tried with the least burning errors are :

* Ashampoo Burning Studio Free 6.7

and

* Exact Audio Copy ( EAC )

There is a newer version of the Ashampoo Burning Studio but,I have not tried it. (If it is not broken .... don't fix it.)

* Xf Burn is supposed to be good for Linux systems.

I don't trust "Windows Media Player" because I have encountered CD Ripping errors with it so .... maybe it can have errors burning discs as well ??

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: January 20, 2015 18:30

Burrrn
[www.burrrn.net]
This one is free and good!

Posted by: paintedblack ()
Date: January 20, 2015 18:50

cdburnerxp is my burner, no issues with it. Free of charge too.

[cdburnerxp.se]

Date: January 20, 2015 20:42

Winning Ugly I downloaded that first one you said and my computer is completely screwed. Can't believe this. Thanks

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: January 20, 2015 20:46

IMGBURN is free and easy to use. too.

Link: [www.imgburn.com]

Date: January 20, 2015 20:51

How do I know trust any of these links, not trying to be rude but I can't afford to lose everything again. I lost every bootleg I had from 2012 to recently, hundreds of them.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: January 20, 2015 20:53

Hound Dog
Winning Ugly I downloaded that first one you said and my computer is completely screwed. Can't believe this. Thanks

System crash! Media player is gone! Ashampoo screwed your system up!

It sound like you need to sort your PC out rather than worry too much about burning software. Do you have restore discs or some way of restoring it to factory default? eye rolling smiley

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: January 20, 2015 21:01

JimmySHelter is right about fixing your computer issues.

Sorry i hadn't read the post completely.

Imgburn is free and safe and many people use it.

However you should do a disk repair if you have Windows CD or do a system Recovery either by CD or booting into a F function.

If want to try and fix your computer good programs to scan for issues is Malwarebytes.

Good luck.

Date: January 20, 2015 21:28

Hound Dog

It's not my fault. I have had Ashampoo Burning Studio Free 6.7 on my computer for almost 5 years now and the computer is fine.

You must have downloaded something different than what I downloaded.

Where did you download it from ??

Also,when you install software on Windows,sometimes you have to un-check extra options which can install ad-ware.

You could probably burn a Linux disc (on another computer) for free and install it on your computer (by selecting boot from disc drive in the boot set-up menu if you can get to it) .... if Windows is giving you too many problems.

Date: January 20, 2015 21:38

Sorry Winning I am just frustrated after losing all my recent Stones shows, then this happens, I just had to restore my system to original setting but since I just lost everything recently I didn't have too much to lose.

Posted by: blackbird ()
Date: January 21, 2015 10:40

Now is maybe the time to get a way from all these computer problems and install a linux distribution instead. I did that before almost 20 years and never ever had problems since then.smoking smiley

Date: January 21, 2015 19:02

I agree with the vote for Linux. I just installed it on my 2 computers about 20 days ago.

On my desktop computer,I now have it set-up with dual - boot otions. When I power on the desktop computer,I have the choice to go into Windows (where I still have a great working Ashampoo Burning Studio 6.7) or ... I also have the choice to go into a distribution of Linux.

The Linux installer patitioned the hard drive into different sections for Windows and Linux. The Windows partition was already there and the installer allocated some of the free space for Linux.

Honestly,at this point,Linux seems much better,much faster,and much more secure.

Now,I really only boot into Windows when I need to use Microsoft Word or other Microsoft Office programs. I might need to use Windows for the H & R Block tax software as well.

It seems as though the only advantage of Windows versus Linux is that there may be more software options for Windows.

Maybe " Windows Media Center " as well for some people / purposes but,even in that case,there is Clementine for Linux.

For touch-screens,you might need Windows 8.1 or above.

That's about all that I can think of,though. Everything else,Linux seems to win.

Just my thoughts and observations so far.

Posted by: blackbird ()
Date: January 21, 2015 20:36

No need for Microsoft Word or other Microsoft Office programs.
Libre office can handel all that and save microsoft filetype if you have to share with other microsoft-user
Libre office is open source and free !!
Fax. phone, all kind of media center, media server or stream - server is basic function for linux since years.
Not shure about touch screen but linux runs ar well on smartphone native and android is linux based. So shouldn't be problem.
No more trouble.....smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-21 22:41 by blackbird.

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: January 22, 2015 00:25

Hound Dog
How do I know trust any of these links, not trying to be rude but I can't afford to lose everything again. I lost every bootleg I had from 2012 to recently, hundreds of them.

I have emailed you at the address you provide for this account. If you email me a list of your lost bootlegs I'll see if I have any and will send them to you via weTransfer.

Cheers,
jonno

p.s. the email to you will come from the email addy associated w/my account here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1476
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home