Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: June 6, 2014 17:50

Video Stray Cat & No Expectations Complete

[www.filefactory.com]

This may help our Hyde Park project led by MCP? I don't have time to check it but wanted to get it out for v5.

"Part Two" issue:

[www.filefactory.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 17:50 by exilestones.

Re: POST: Hyde Park Stray Cat & No Expectations Complete
Date: June 6, 2014 18:19

One thing that sucks about Stones in the Park movies is that they have Jagger's interview during the solo of "I'm Free" and it sounds like a cool solo!

Is there a great copy of that "I'm Free" solo anywhere, audio and or video?

What do you think is the best audio releases of Hyde Park 1969? Maybe some audio not used in the Hyde Park '69 Project led by MCP could include some audio not used in the video for closing credits or a slide show?

Hyde Park 1969 Photo Gallery

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 6, 2014 19:07

exilestones
One thing that sucks about Stones in the Park movies is that they have Jagger's interview during the solo of "I'm Free" and it sounds like a cool solo!

Is there a great copy of that "I'm Free" solo anywhere, audio and or video?

What do you think is the best audio releases of Hyde Park 1969? Maybe some audio not used in the Hyde Park '69 Project led by MCP could include some audio not used in the video for closing credits or a slide show?

Have a listen to this one: [www.filefactory.com]

(from the StonesVault and it's good!)

Posted by: mcp ()
Date: June 6, 2014 20:28

exilestones

[www.filefactory.com]

This may help our Hyde Park project led by MCP? I don't have time to check it but wanted to get it out for v5.

"Part Two" issue:

[www.filefactory.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Cool stuff. I'm filing it for v5.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-06 20:51 by mcp.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 6, 2014 20:56

mcp
exilestones

[www.filefactory.com]

"Part Two" issue:

[www.filefactory.com]

[www.youtube.com]

>grinning smiley<

Date: June 7, 2014 04:15

kleermaker
exilestones

Have a listen to this one: [www.filefactory.com]

(from the StonesVault and it's good!)

THANK YOU! This is quite good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-07 04:29 by exilestones.

Date: June 7, 2014 04:20

Quique-stone
mcp
exilestones

>grinning smiley<

I was looking for Marianne and Nicholas leaving for the concert (2:30) without "Part Two" and found these!

I found Marianne and Nicholas with out "Part Two." I'll post it. It's in this release:

I collect them all to find the very best quality!

Date: June 7, 2014 05:23

I that one....I'll check it out now.

Date: June 7, 2014 16:22

mcp
I that one....I'll check it out now.

Great! It's a slightly different edit of the movie. The quality of sound and picture isn't as good but there's now "End Part One" etc... which I couldn't understand why those titles were in the movie.

I uploaded it before I saw your post, so here it is if anyone wants it:

Stones in the Park DVDS-093

[www.filefactory.com]

[www.filefactory.com]

I got rid of Mick in the interview chair at the beginning of the song by make a black screen. I could put other footage there if you have a good section of audience, etc.. or a photo instead.

I did download kleermaker's recommendation for Hyde Park audio (above) and am very pleased. It was better than anything I had. I took "I'm Free" and overdubbed the sound. Here's three attempts at my first overdub with AVS Video Editor. Anybody can feel free to comment. I think it would have been best to splice/punch in the solo from the ASO release (kleermaker's recommendation) to the sound track of the movie in AVS Audio Editor for a slightly smoother edit.

Here are my three attempts. The first two are overdubbing the ASO Hyde Park to the video. The third attempt (#006) I spliced/punched in the ASO solo and beginning to the movie soundtrack. I'm brand new at these overdubs as I'm just learning AVS.

[www.filefactory.com] (download "I'm Free" 3 overdubs)

3 overdubs on YouTube:

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[youtu.be]

Hyde Park News Reel

[www.youtube.com]

Great project since everyone is helping! Also MPC's determination to keep refining it is awesome!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-07 16:44 by exilestones.

Date: June 7, 2014 16:27

I'm not sure where I got the videos that started this thread. Maybe Deltics posted them? idk. Just want to give credit.

Date: June 7, 2014 17:12

I love that third version of I'm Free: the best audio quality and the solo and as much video as possible combined.

My main principles would be:

1) Put all the audio of the concert in the DVD (so the whole Sympathy Of The Devil jam without any cut) in the just order

2) Use the best audio quality available and use the lesser audio quality when needed (as done in the third I'm Free version up here)

3) Use as much video as possible, but when the video doesn't fit the audio, adapt the video to the audio and not the other way around

4) All extra stuff concerning the concert in a separate part is just ... great!

Fantastic project btw of one of the greatest happenings in the history of the Rolling Stones (perhaps even the greatest, but that's my personal opinion)

Date: June 7, 2014 23:12

kleermaker
I love that third version of I'm Free: the best audio quality and the solo and as much video as possible combined.

1) Put all the audio of the concert in the DVD (so the whole Sympathy Of The Devil jam without any cut) in the just order

2) Use the best audio quality available and use the lesser audio quality when needed (as done in the third I'm Free version up here)

3) Use as much video as possible, but when the video doesn't fit the audio, adapt the video to the audio and not the other way around

Fantastic project btw of one of the greatest happenings in the history of the Rolling Stones (perhaps even the greatest, but that's my personal opinion)

Here are my questions regarding the best sound for "Mercy Mercy." first, which has better sound, the Crazy Mama release or All Sold Out's (links and downloads below).

You can notice a difference between in the mix between the radio broadcasts (Crazy Mama & All Sold Out) and the DVD releases of "Mercy Mercy." Mick's vocals are mixed more up front in the DVD and perhaps the guitars are more prevalent in the radio broadcasts?

Which has better sound CM & ASO or the DVD? Which has a better mix, CM & ASO or the DVD? Should the sound of the DVD be used since it matches the rest of the DVD or would it be better to use CM or ASO?

The real question is which sound track would you use/prefer?

"He is not Dead" (ASO-103)

Here is yet another version of the Stones' first concert with Mick Taylor, recorded in London's Hyde Park on July 5, 1969, bootlegged many

times over. This is an upgrade, using sources which are not widely available, and is the most complete version available. In order of

appearance, it uses

1) audience recording from "Hyde Park July 1969" LP on Contraband Music label,

2) soundboard recording from 1979 FM

broadcast by WLIR-FM, Long Island, NY,

3) Granada TV special, and

4) audience recording from "In the Park" on Scorpio/Gold Standard.

Not used: previous releases by Swingin' Pig, VGP, or SODD, which are all inferior to source 2) which is used wherever possible.

CD1 uses source 1) as a starting point as it's almost complete. It is the worst recording by far but Mick's voice is very clear so it's

fine for dialogue. The music and dialogue are replaced wherever possible by the other 3 sources. Source 1) ends with CD1 so CD2 is pieced

together from the best of the others. Source 3) is used as the pitch/speed reference and the other sources are pitch corrected to match

it. This runs slower than previous versions. I believe it is correct.

Many Stones fans don't like this concert because the performance is not the best and they are out of tune at times. I find it very

interesting. They play some unique songs and there are flashes of brilliance, signs of what's to come on future tours. Plus, it's funny

to hear Mick nervously introducing each song and even apologizing for the performance! Quite a change from his attitude in say "Gimme

Shelter."

Some possibly interesting notes: The first track is correctly titled here. It is incorrectly titled in the video. Originally written and

performed by Johnny Winter, this was the only time it was played by the Stones. I seem to recall it was a favorite of Brian's. Mick

totally mangles the words. The video chops out the second verse; I have restored it from source 4).

Mick's reference before "Loving Cup" about the next album coming out in 10 years is a joke about the delay for "Beggar's Banquet" due to the toilet cover, which now is the standard issue. Decca wouldn't release it then and forced the change to the "invitation" cover.

Satisfaction was severely edited by Granada TV. The video actually starts with the second verse.

The interviews at the end are from source 2). I believe the woman is Jo Bergman, Stones assistant(?), and an unknown Granada TV producer.

Presented in FLAC 1.1.4 and 1.2.0. Includes original artwork with rare photos from the concert not lifted from Swingin' Pig or the video.

CD1:
01. introduction by Sam Cutler
02. Adonais
03. I'm Yours And I'm Hers*
04. Jumping Jack Flash
05. Mercy Mercy
06. Stray Cat Blues
07. No Expectations
08. I'm Free
09. Down Home Girl
10. Love In Vain
11. Loving Cup
12. Honky Tonk Women

CD2:
01. Midnight Rambler introduction
02. Midnight Rambler*
03. Satisfaction*
04. Street Fighting Man
05. Sympathy For The Devil
06. interview 1
07. interview 2
08. interview 3
09. interview 4
10. interview 5
11. interview 6

*multiple sources

I like the third version (#006) better than v1 & v2. It's the audio from the DVD except for the very beginning and the solo. The audio from "He is not Dead (ASO-103)."

I remember having a CD from the Hyde Park '69 concert and it was from a radio broadcast "In Memory of" (CM-004). Here's a sample of Crazy Mama's "Mercy Mercy."

Crazy Mama's "In Memory of" (CM-004)

I'm look for this CD and other Crazy Mama releases. If you have any, please upload them in flac.

[www.filefactory.com] Mercy Mercy Hyde Park Radio Broadcast

[www.filefactory.com]

It's been a long while but I remember that I thought this was the best sounding version of "Mercy Mercy" from Hyde Park, perhaps more in your face guitars? The radio broadcast is a different mix. The vocals are more up in the mix on the DVD. I thought the radio broadcast for this title (I was told) was from France? Does anybody have information on the radio broadcasts of Hyde Park '69?

Hyde Park DVD Bonus Tracks

[www.filefactory.com]

[youtu.be]

Note YouTube doesn't have the same quality as the above downloads.

Now I'm interested in all All Sold Out and all Crazy Mama releases! Please upload if they are not in the Stones Vault!

Date: June 7, 2014 23:39

The Rolling Stones — Hyde Park Legend 1969 Complete Edition (Gold Plate GP-1303)

Live At Hyde Park, London, July 5, 1969.

Review link

Live At Hyde Park, London, July 5, 1969. CD ONE (66:08): Introduction (by Sam Cutler), Excerpt From Adonais (Eulogy For Brian Jones), I’m Yours and I’m Hers, Jumpin’ Jack Flash, Mercy Mercy, Stray Cat Blues, No Expectations, I’m Free, Down Home Girl, Love In Vain, Loving Cup, Honky Tonk Women, Midnight Rambler, (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction, Street Fighting Man.

CD TWO (67:12): Sympathy For The Devil, Backstage Rehearsal (I’m Yours and I’m Hers), Introduction (Alternate Edit Version), I’m Yours and I’m Hers (Edit Version), (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Edit Version), Sympathy For The Devil (Edit Version), TV News Report, Stones In The Park Radio Special, Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Sympathy For The Devil (Frost On Saturday TV), You Can’t Always Get What You Want (David Frost Show TV).

The Rolling Stones’ July 5, 1969 concert at Hyde Park holds a special place in my heart and head. No, I wasn’t there (I was a mere sprout discovering The Monkees an ocean away) on that sad day of soul searching 44 years ago, when the Stones swooped onto the stage to pay tribute to their fallen founder, Brian Jones, who had died scarcely 48 hours earlier. I wasn’t there to witness the Stones at their most maimed – aside, of course, from the nightmare of Altamont that was to arrive a mere five months later. I wasn’t there to hear the almost desperate grasping-for-meaning amid the stabbing, frequently out-of-tune guitars. I didn’t catch one of Mick Jagger’s dead-on-arrival butterflies from a box, and I didn’t hear his impatient call for silence from the restless crowd as he attempted to eulogize Brian by reading an excerpt from Percy Shelley’s poem, “Adonais.”

I wasn’t there, but after all these years I can still hear that show (and, with my mind’s eye, see the packed-park panorama) vividly, because the Hyde Park concert was the first Stones bootleg LP I ever bought as a teenager, more than 30 years ago. At first glance, it seemed an inauspicious totem. The LP cover consisted of nothing more than a washed-out orange-red Xerox slip sheet featuring a primitive pic of Mick Jagger working the crowd in his white frock. The LP inside was no less rudimentary – a blank label save for the hand-stamped logo of some label ludicrously called Wisconsin Cheese Records. And the sound itself? Even cruder than that cover. I was excited and enthralled, instantly in the throes of this new, strange and secret world — of both the Rolling Stones themselves, and the shadowy labels that captured the raw energy of the band as living, breathing magicians of riff and attitude.

What I didn’t fully grasp then, however, was how important a document that record was. Despite the woefully under-rehearsed performance by its headlining principals (yes, there were other bands that played that day), the Hyde Park concert was as historically momentous as the performance itself was not. The show was professionally recorded and filmed, and attended by hundreds of thousands of people – the crowd estimates kept climbing as the hype kept building – and the event has since passed into rock & roll legend, if not myth. (So much so that tickets for the Stones return to Hyde Park this July for two shows celebrating their 50th anniversary sold out within minutes – and at slightly higher prices, we might add).

As an opening salvo that prefaced their legendary 1969 tour, Hyde Park – which had been planned weeks before Jones’s death (but after his departure from the band that June) – came at a critical juncture in the life of the group. The Stones hadn’t toured as a working unit in three years (which, back then, was an unthinkable stretch of time in the fleeting, fickle world of pop). And in the time since their 1966 U.S. tour, they had been beset by drug raids, work visa problems, and the lukewarm response to ”Their Satanic Majesties Request,” an LP ridiculed as an inferior copycat of the Beatles’ magnum opus, “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band,” right down to its psychedelic garden-party cover.

Miraculously, they had managed to not just bounce, but pounce back with what still might be their best album, “Beggars Banquet,” in the winter of 1968. A mere seven months later, they released the epochal “Let It Bleed” in the summer of ‘69. They had a lot of new material, a new Wunderkind lead guitarist in Mick Taylor, and a new mission to show both off to a public hungry for their return. And then Brian Jones, whose creative energy and musical acumen had been emaciated by, ironically, all manner of bloated excess, fulfilled the fatal prophesy those around him feared. On July 3, 1969, the onetime leader of the Rolling Stones was found drowned in his swimming pool at his home at Cotchford Farm, Sussex, an estate once owned by “Winnie-The-Pooh” author A.A. Milne. Shaken but stirred to action, the Stones nevertheless decided the show must go on.

And so too have the recordings of that show gone on, and on. By our accounts, nearly three dozen unofficial/semi-legit and even official versions of the concert – on LP, CD, VHS, DVD, and Blu-Ray – have surfaced and circulated among collectors and historians around the world. There have been some good audio titles by the likes of labels like Living Legend, VGP, and Swingin’ Pig, among others, that have utilized very good mono recordings, stereo soundboards taken from FM radio broadcasts, and even a Granada television special that aired at the time.

This latest entry, entitled “Hyde Park Legend 1969 (Complete Edition),” is certainly one of the best and, yes, most complete editions of the concert ever assembled in any format. Issued by the increasingly impressive Goldplate label, which recently weighed in with “Double Door Club Gig,” a definitive CD/DVD version of the Stones’ 1997 stand at Chicago’s Double Door (which we recently reviewed for CMR), this two-disc set likewise stands as a solid upgrade to most of what’s out there. Or at least an upgrade to the dozen or so titles we’ve heard since those halcyon Wisconsin Cheese days. And its four-page booklet and tray card of color and black-and-white photographs from the show are a definite improvement over that homemade Xerox.

“Legend” offers the complete 14-song concert in very good, raw-but-clear sound with a couple of caveats (one of the few drawbacks, for example, is a multiple source matrix of “[I Can’t Get No] Satisfaction,” whose various vantage point punch-ins and splices are a bit distracting and off-putting; honestly, we’d rather have one consistently sourced, if muddy, version of the song, but to each her own). But overall, part of the rawness of this Goldplate release has less to do with the quality of the available recordings than the Stones’ own rough sound and rusty performance that day.

Jagger even apologizes, sort of, after the Stones stagger through a lurching “Loving Cup” (a song that would not be properly heard for three years until its release on 1972?s “Exile On Main St.”; here Mick introduces its title at Hyde Park as its oft-booted title, “Gimme A Little Drink” ). “We hope we get better as we go along,” Jagger says late in the set before the lads launch gamely into the then-new single, “Honky Tonk Women,” whose gin-soaked barroom queen was taking Mick upstairs while the tune climbed the charts.

In addition to containing a slew of interesting bonus cuts, disc two rounds out the complete show with the debut public performance of “Sympathy For The Devil,” a scintillating 18-minute finale that Mick introduces as a “samba” replete with Ginger Johnson’s African Drummers and percussionist Rocky Dijon (who plays on the studio track). Given the gold Stones standards they would become, it’s exhilarating to hear nascent new material like “Sympathy,” “Midnight Rambler,” and “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” – tracks that would come to define the Stones’ identity and make their live legend – played in front of an audience for the very first time. “Midnight Rambler,” especially, is a treat to behold, as Jagger introduces the song as something new “you haven’t heard before.”

Already at this early stage, we hear that “Rambler” has been radically reworked and reconstituted, morphing from its beginnings as an insular, claustrophobic studio track into a heavier, sprawling thing of stealth and beauty. The guitars growl like crouching tigers that lunge with claws out, while Mick prances, preens, and plays cat and mouse with melody, rhythm, and his bleating stabs of harmonica. Just like that, the faux James Brown and Otis Redding microphone moves are no more.

“Didja hear about the Midnight Rambluh?” Mick queries the unsuspecting throng. Well, here I am. This track may represent the very moment (along with the ”Jumpin’ Jack Flash” promotional video) that rock’s quintessential frontman first fully inhabits the stage personae he would alternately refine, dilute, and exaggerate throughout the ‘70s and beyond. Thankfully, as presented on “Legend,” the sound is quite good, full, and robust for the duration of this watershed moment.

Also interesting on “Legend” is hearing the Stones limbering up with early, Brian-era works like Don Covay’s “Mercy Mercy” and Alvin Robinson’s “Down Home Girl” with their still mint condition new guitarist, Mick Taylor (his first public appearance on stage with the band) in tow. Though Taylor, like the rest of the band, is heard still finding his footing and figuring out his role as Keith Richards’ new foil, he turns in a lovely and sure-handed slide guitar solo on the tragically underheard “No Expectations” – whose pathos takes on added dimension of poignancy given the circumstances of the previous days. We also hear the premiere of Robert Johnson’s “Love In Vain,” which would soon become a Stones tour staple and blues showpiece for Mick and “little” Mick. Disc two includes sounds of the Stones backstage rehearsing their opening number, Johnny Winter’s “I’m Yours and I’m Hers” – reportedly one of Brian’s recent favorite tunes – as an uncredited narrator describes Taylor as their “nervous” new guitarist.

There are also a handful of alternate edit versions of songs on disc two that, to our ears, do not sound dramatically different from what we hear on the first disc (but warrant further inspection), plus we also get a vintage TV news report on the concert. The real bonus here, from an archeological standpoint, though, is the inclusion of a brief but incisive six-segment radio special that carries commentary and interviews from the festival’s organizers and observers. Though the source of the special is uncredited, a BBC program is probably not too terrible a guess.

But wait, there’s more! A pair of David Frost television appearance selections – the aforementioned “Sympathy” and “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” (which the Stones were then promoting as the B-side to the new “Honky Tonk Women” single released that month) – are presented in their truncated-for-TV form. Both tracks feature live vocals from Mick and canned instrumental backing tracks, which was customary for the time. In addition to having excellent sound, these era-appropriate addendums make for nice time capsule mementos.

So too is this set from Goldplate a nice memento and valuable keepsake of a bygone time and pivotal moment in the band’s history. Although we can’t help but wonder why, given all of the video footage of Hyde Park available from both legitimate and nefarious sources, that a simple DVD of the show was not included – especially given the “complete edition” tag in the title, and Goldplate’s admirably comprehensive CD/DVD treatment of the Stones ‘97 “Double Door Gig.” The Frost TV appearances would have been nice too. But still, given those early Wisconsin Cheese days of faded photos and muffled audio, “Legend” is akin to a fresh white frock – and has a lot more life than those poor butterflies.

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-07 23:44 by exilestones.

Date: June 8, 2014 00:10

kleermaker
One of the greatest happenings in the history of the Rolling Stones (perhaps even the greatest, but that's my personal opinion)

UK Rock Festivals Link

Three pages of reviews from people who were at the Rolling Stones 1969 Hyde Park Concert.

Date: June 8, 2014 01:01

kleermaker

That sounds like the Jointrip version, almost.
I do not have the patience, time, or tools, to put video on top of audio (in sync), so if the project will continue that way, I'll have to bow out, but will gladly assist whomever does take it over.

In the meantime, I plan on revising my DVD with any video bits that will enhance it.

It's nice to see all this enthusiasm for Hyde Park. My first copy of the Granada TV special was almost all tinted red.

Date: June 8, 2014 01:34

"The Stones In The Park" by Richard Havers

Richard Havers was the co-author of Bill Wyman's Rolling With The Stones-book. He just did a nice small coffeetable-book on his own. It concentrates on the Summer of 1969 (Brian leaving, Mick Taylor joining, Hyde Park, Brian's death, Ned Kelly, etc.) with many nice photos (lots of them rare or unseen). 208 pages, hardcover.

While Richard Havers was researching his next book, “History Of Classic Ships,” at the Daily Mirror’s archives, with it’s collection of more than 60 million images, he came across some envelopes labeled,“Concert, Serpentine, London Parks and Crowd Scenes, etc.”

Havers, ever inquisitive, explored them. “I was trembling at the treasure trove in my hands, over 80 frames of unpublished material taken by a team of Mirror staff photographers of The Rolling Stones concert in Hyde Park, July 9, 1969.”

On that boiling-hot day, 500,000 fans turned out for the free concert. The Stones high-summer gig that attracted over a half a million people to London’s central park– rock’s biggest show to date at that point. The concert originally to debut the Stones newest member quickly became an impromptu memorial concert for Brian Jones.

Brian Jones left the band he had founded, less than a month later he was dead. Jones had been found dead in his swimming pool on Sunday 8 June 1969, in circumstances the exact nature of which remain unclear to this day.

Undaunted the Stones, who have always been greater than the sum of their parts, Guitar virtuoso Mick Taylor was recruited to replace Jones.

As Jagger, wearing a white frock, famously opened the event with a tribute to Brian by reading an excerpt from Shelly’s poem "Adonais" and then releasing white butterflies into the audience. “Peace Peace! He is not dead, he doth not sleep,” thousands of white butterflies were released and Jagger kicked off the concert with a Brian Jones favorite “I’m Yours and I’m His.”

Hell’s Angels, meanwhile, hired for the dubious role of security, scowled and prowled around the dazed, decade-end audience.

Richard Havers’ engrossing tome covers this familiar ground and rightly suggests that 1969 was watershed year for the band, as they rode out the dark forces of drug busts, escalating fan mania and death – transforming themselves into their best known mantle “the greatest rock’n’roll band in the world”, first dubbed by tour manager Sam Cutler on introducing the group to the expectant crowd that summer’s afternoon.

For the Rolling Stones everything changed in the summer of '69. They were no longer the blues band that Brian Jones had put together in 1962; they had stopped being a pop band and had hardly performed on stage since 1967 - and it was live that the Stones always excelled. Drug busts, fall-outs, at least one album that failed to live up to expectations and uncertainty surrounded the band.

It wasn’t one of the group’s better performances but, given the circumstances, it became legendary. “

The Stones In The Park” gives us a compelling set of photographs immortalizing a day in rock history. The great thing about "The Stones In the Park" are the pictures, many unseen before, of Jones, Jagger, Richards, Wyman, Watts, Jones and Taylor in all their late Sixties glory. Smiling, washed out and elegantly wasted in dandified threads, their boney faces and cryptic expressions still gaze out at us from rock’s murky past with a power undimmed. The book covers the 1967-69 period and the build up to the Hyde Park concert.

Amazing to think these photographs have been hidden away all these years.

Book by Richard Havers "The Stones In the Park" (Haynes Publishing, UK. ISBN: 978-1-844258-15-4).

For Sale - used & new

Date: June 8, 2014 01:45

Date: June 8, 2014 16:32

Wow, Exilestones! That's much stuff to read and listen too! I will do it as soon as possible.

But I have one question: I have another audio of the whole HP gig. And I think it's also more than pretty good. Do you want me to upload it? If so, I'll do that of course with much pleasure. So let me know!

Date: June 8, 2014 16:44

mcp

I do not have the patience, time, or tools, to put video on top of audio (in sync), so if the project will continue that way, I'll have to bow out, but will gladly assist whomever does take it over.

In the meantime, I plan on revising my DVD with any video bits that will enhance it.

It's nice to see all this enthusiasm for Hyde Park. My first copy of the Granada TV special was almost all tinted red.

Yep, you're right, but ... almost smiling smiley.

Of course we will be glad to see your revised DVD (v5)!

Again: many thanks for all your great work!

Date: June 8, 2014 20:44

@ Exilestones

Having listened to your 3 Mercy Mercy songs I think the Bonus DVD 'version' is the best. But I have a better 'version' (see my former post in reply to your material up here), at least to my ears. As I said I can upload it if you want so you can judge it yourself.

Date: June 9, 2014 04:41

kleermaker
@ Exilestones

Having listened to your 3 Mercy Mercy songs I think the Bonus DVD 'version' is the best. But I have a better 'version' (see my former post in reply to your material up here), at least to my ears. As I said I can upload it if you want so you can judge it yourself.

Thanks for the input. I thought so too. Then I re-listened to the version that mcp used in v4 and think that has the best sound. It's the most clear I think.

So I took it a worked on the picture quality. I made it a little sharper and adjuested the brightness, contrast and color a little (using AVS Video editor - very easy).

I didn't do anything with the sound except raise the volume a little.

Here a download of my remastering.

[www.filefactory.com]

[youtu.be]

Date: June 9, 2014 05:17

mcp

Bow out? NO WAY! mcp, you are the man! There's no project without you and it's great! I love it. You got us going on this! You are the editor and chief!

"I'm Free" came out well, didn't it? See the re-mastered "Mercy Mercy."

Where did you get "Mercy Mercy" and "Stray Cat?" Is there more footage? Can you upload. I'll be glad to work on it (picture, sound) but I'm no editor. It's too confusing. Your the man with that talent!

Many of the issues you raise, "patience, time, or tools, to put video on top of audio (in sync)" can be a bitch. The in sync part is the worst. The main issue is that all of these different sources are in different speeds. I'm just trying it for the first time.

I've learned a lot about AVS Video Editor for fixing the picture and changing the sound volume and splicing video or audio in. They are easy fixes and so is the red tint (it may not be perfect).

Since syncing sound is hard, I can try for you but it may be best to pick the video with the best sound and fix the picture. Adding the solo in to "I'm Free" wasn't hard but it's hard to put different sound in. The audio really needs to be fixed separately.

Please let us know what we can do to help. Tell us what you want to accomplish. Keep up your good work.

I see a lot of ideas from kleermaker but not sure how to go about them:

exilestones
kleermaker

"(so the whole Sympathy Of The Devil jam without any cut)"

Yeah, OK. Do we have all of the footage? How long is the song? How long is the available video? If we don't have all of the video then what do we use for the missing parts? What soundtrack do we use? What's the best? Or is it all there and we splice it together?

The same question goes with every other song. What do we have and what do we do about what we don't have? What sound do we use? Lay out each song and I'll look at it. No promises. Like mcp says about not having enough time. "I'm Free" took four hours!

"2) Use the best audio quality available and use the lesser audio quality when needed (as done in the third I'm Free version up here)."

OK, pick it all out. What's the best audio?

"3) Use as much video as possible, but when the video doesn't fit the audio, adapt the video to the audio and not the other way around."

OK, that makes sense. Again, what to do about the missing video? Is there extra audience to use/duplicate or scenes like in "I'm Free?" Make a slide show? Newsreel footage? mcp is a great editor, you and many others have great concept ideas for the project. So what are the ideas for these issues. I'll splice and fix the picture best as possible (I'm very new at this but the techniques are on YouTube and AVs Tutorials). AVS Video Editor isn't the best or most professional program but it does a lot.

So, the whole mcp concept here is to make the concert and the events of the day of the concert, in order. Correct?

Like I said, I can work on individual songs and tweaking the picture. The rest has to be figured out by everyone through mcp, our editor and project manager.

mcp, what do you call this work. "M.C.P. Presents in association with the good people of IORR... "

Speaking of having other parts separate...

Part One could be a different project. A short about Brian and his demise. Maybe some footage of him wasted like in the Sympathy movie.

Part Two could be Mick Taylor Joins the Band/Hyde Park Press Conference.

Part Three could be the current mcp project like it's been with some more additions such as everyone's ideas and what kleermaker suggested above.

Part Four could be other 1969 stuff without MSG and Altamont.

The Beggars Banquet stuff is some great stuff but it's a different era. It would have to go first, or as bonus.

Part Three, the Hyde Park Concert could start with the newsreel or else use footage from the newsreel to fill in the missing parts of Sympathy, etc...

p.s. mcp, great edit in the two "Stray Cat Blues!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-09 05:23 by exilestones.

Date: June 9, 2014 05:20

kleermaker
@ Exilestones

Hell YES! Upload it! I'm loving the ASO release. Hey, hey, all you guys got me rockin' now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-09 05:32 by exilestones.

Date: June 9, 2014 20:48

@Exilestones, here's the downloadlink of the whole HP gig in flac.
Only Stray Cat Blues is not okay and
Down Home Girl is in two versions.

[www.wetransfer.com]

This one and the former one from the Stonesvault that I have already posted is the best audio material I have from HP.

As for making the 'ideal' DVD: that'll take a whole lot of time and devotion. But if you have fun doing it, time is not important, because you can take as much time as you need/want. Making the right choices is difficult I know and for a great part also a matter of personal taste.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-09 20:53 by kleermaker.

Date: June 11, 2014 23:42

kleermaker

[www.wetransfer.com]

This one and the former one from the Stonesvault that I have already posted is the best audio material I have from HP.

As for making the 'ideal' DVD: that'll take a whole lot of time and devotion. But if you have fun doing it, time is not important, because you can take as much time as you need/want. Making the right choices is difficult I know and for a great part also a matter of personal taste.

Thanks for the download. You can pick the 'right choices.' You seem to be very good at it!

Date: June 12, 2014 15:13

exilestones
kleermaker

[www.wetransfer.com]

Thanks for the download. You can pick the 'right choices.' You seem to be very good at it!

Gladly done. I hope this stuff can help you a bit!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 14, 2014 11:28

Don't know if I can help.

already in stonesvault
1969.07.05 TeagueRaw Fix 12 12 Midnight Rambler [Hyde Park.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 [SODD 015] In The Park.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 ASO-103 He Is Not Dead, Hyde Park London Complete.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park Concert, Speed corrected and Remastered Teagueraw Track 09 Love In Vain [Hyde Park 5-07-69].rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park Concert, Speed corrected and Remastered Teagueraw.part1.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park Concert, Speed corrected and Remastered Teagueraw.part2.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park SODD 015 with acetate YasYas.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 LLRCD 032 Stones In The Park.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 TSP-CD-023 Hyde Park 1969.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 VGP-296 V2 Stones In The Park London SBD.rar [www.filefactory.com]

also availabel in my collection (upload on request)
1969.07.05 multiple sources Hyde Park 1969 audio – compilation of multiple sources (from IORR)
1969.07.05 Scorpio Gold standard Scro-001 In the Park <CDR-1> 1969-07-05, Hyde Park, London {15/15}
1969.07.05 Mr. Echo Hyde Park 1969 (Mr. Echo improved version)
1969.07.05 BGCD 013 Hyde Park Bulldog Records BGCD 013]
1969.07.05 CBM Contra Band Music Hyde Park summer 1969 (Vinyl rip)
1969.07.05 fan project Mourn Brian Meet Mick & Murder Butterflies fan project] Hyde Park
1969.07.05 VGP 296 VGP-296-V1 1969 Stones In The Park.rar

Like exilstones I would like to add razy Mama's "In Memory of" (CM-004) to my label collection, so if anybody can upload this one for me and exilstones, that would be greatefuly appriciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 11:46 by stonesmuziekfan.

Date: June 14, 2014 17:40

stonesmuziekfan
Don't know if I can help.

already in stonesvault
1969.07.05 TeagueRaw Fix 12 12 Midnight Rambler [Hyde Park.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 [SODD 015] In The Park.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 ASO-103 He Is Not Dead, Hyde Park London Complete.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park Concert, Speed corrected and Remastered Teagueraw Track 09 Love In Vain [Hyde Park 5-07-69].rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park Concert, Speed corrected and Remastered Teagueraw.part1.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park Concert, Speed corrected and Remastered Teagueraw.part2.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park SODD 015 with acetate YasYas.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 LLRCD 032 Stones In The Park.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 TSP-CD-023 Hyde Park 1969.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 VGP-296 V2 Stones In The Park London SBD.rar [www.filefactory.com]

also availabel in my collection (upload on request)
1969.07.05 multiple sources Hyde Park 1969 audio – compilation of multiple sources (from IORR)
1969.07.05 Scorpio Gold standard Scro-001 In the Park <CDR-1> 1969-07-05, Hyde Park, London {15/15}
1969.07.05 Mr. Echo Hyde Park 1969 (Mr. Echo improved version)
1969.07.05 BGCD 013 Hyde Park Bulldog Records BGCD 013]
1969.07.05 CBM Contra Band Music Hyde Park summer 1969 (Vinyl rip)
1969.07.05 fan project Mourn Brian Meet Mick & Murder Butterflies fan project] Hyde Park
1969.07.05 VGP 296 VGP-296-V1 1969 Stones In The Park.rar

Like exilstones I would like to add razy Mama's "In Memory of" (CM-004) to my label collection, so if anybody can upload this one for me and exilstones, that would be greatefuly appriciated.

Thanks! I have my work cut out for me now.

Would you please upload "1969.07.05 multiple sources Hyde Park 1969 audio – compilation of multiple sources (from IORR)." Thanks again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 17:43 by exilestones.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 14, 2014 22:16

exilestones

Thanks! I have my work cut out for me now.

Would you please upload "1969.07.05 multiple sources Hyde Park 1969 audio – compilation of multiple sources (from IORR)." Thanks again.

I looked this one up, but it is the same as the one from MrEcho.
Look at the bumped topic.
The name of the topic changes in the 2nd page and somehow I downloaded twice.

Here it is:
1969.07.05 Hyde Park (Improved version) Mr Echo - multiple sources.rar [www.filefactory.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-14 23:09 by stonesmuziekfan.

Date: June 16, 2014 16:09

Thanks for the download and the original thread!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home