Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Pink floyd from Wolfgangs Vaults?
Posted by: marko ()
Date: December 19, 2013 15:38

Does anyone here have those?

Re: Pink floyd from Wolfgangs Vaults?
Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 20, 2013 00:06

Oakland 77 sure sounds the same as the very good audience that's been around for years. If it is, I cannot believe they're trying to pass it off as their soundboard.

Posted by: rockshow2112 ()
Date: December 21, 2013 07:45

You are correct about the Oakland show!
Animals is my fav album and tour. I've had that audience show for almost 20 years. I know it inside and out. AND Wolfgang's version?? Not only is it cut, it is most definitely NOT a soundboard.
Why they even put it on that site.....we'll never know.
Sad.

Date: December 21, 2013 08:14

nah i want the 87 tour soundboards.I have both Oakland shows from 77 tour.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 21, 2013 14:22

marko
nah i want the 87 tour soundboards

Miami's here :
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Date: December 21, 2013 15:52

I have Miami,well,i download the shows myself from wolfgangs vaults,i´m just lazy its a long process to get them.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 21, 2013 16:38

If memory serves me WGV did stream a supposed SB fragment of the 77 Oakland show years ago and it was used by the Sigma boot label to seamlessly patch several tape flips in the old audience recording for their numerous releases of this excellent show.

It explains the tape flips in this review

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

I have several bootleg versions of this show, including the Sigma release above, and the "Definitive Oakland" by the Sigma label I have is the best IMHO. very close to the master and the tape flips have been seamlessly patched using the WGV tape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-21 17:21 by oldschool.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 22, 2013 01:23

oldschool
If memory serves me WGV did stream a supposed SB fragment of the 77 Oakland show years ago and it was used by the Sigma boot label to seamlessly patch several tape flips in the old audience recording for their numerous releases of this excellent show.

I have several bootleg versions of this show, including the Sigma release above, and the "Definitive Oakland" by the Sigma label I have is the best IMHO. very close to the master and the tape flips have been seamlessly patched using the WGV tape.

So, if it was used to "patch" then was it in fact a new source altogether, that hadn't surfaced until Wolfgang's?

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: December 22, 2013 03:58

shadooby
oldschool

So, if it was used to "patch" then was it in fact a new source altogether, that hadn't surfaced until Wolfgang's?

I would have to let PF fans verify this but I think that this may be the case that it could have been a new source. In any case even if it was not a SB recording it matches the old tape perfectly and is stellar quality so it is near impossible to detect where the patches are so we now have a complete Oakland show which is pretty amazing when you think about it.

Date: December 22, 2013 12:12

I´m now recording Floyds meadowlands 11.10.1987,but it will have breaks between each song,does any of you know how to get rid of them? Do i have to make them one large files,when i can separate tracks without any breaks?

Posted by: Guitar ()
Date: December 24, 2013 04:15

Hi--How's it going? I've got a list. I can E-mail you
my list. ourmets@yahoo.com Have a good one. Troy
I have the Oakland show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1361
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home