Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
POST: AUDIO - 2013-05-11 MGM GRAND, LAS VEGAS, NV (YOUTUBE STRETTONBULL REMASTER)
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:05

Original sourced from YouTube. Many thanks to the original recorder and uploader.

Converted directly from 720p HD video to Flac. (Lossy original source).

Satisfaction patched from other video.

Part 1 - [www.filefactory.com]
Part 2 - [www.filefactory.com]

Fixed Sympathy for the Devil - [www.filefactory.com]

I'm afraid I couldn't correct the shocking bum notes at the beginning of Gimme Shelter winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-15 10:25 by strettonbull.

Re: POST: AUDIO - 2013-05-11 MGM GRAND, LAS VEGAS, NV (YOUTUBE STRETTONBULL REMASTER)
Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 14, 2013 19:25

Hi Chris, thanks for this, is it the same source as Kream's do you know?

Re: POST: AUDIO - 2013-05-11 MGM GRAND, LAS VEGAS, NV (YOUTUBE STRETTONBULL REMASTER)
Date: May 14, 2013 20:09

Yes the original source is the same.

Posted by: sims ()
Date: May 14, 2013 20:13

thank you strettonbull
great work ...again ! ! !
friendly from paris
J.M

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 14, 2013 20:24

Thanks for working on this souce and for sharing it! thumbs up

Posted by: thibaut64 ()
Date: May 14, 2013 20:41

Thanks for all your workthumbs up

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 14, 2013 21:24

Hi Stretton

Thanks for your work.
I have noticed that a few seconds are missin' in the intro of SFTD for some reasons,
no big deal and I've mixed the thing with another YT video.Maybe you should try yourself to do somethin' better like me, anyway it's here

SFTD mixed
WT
until may 28 winking smiley

HMN

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 14, 2013 21:33

Weer bedankt Chris!

Date: May 14, 2013 22:11

Thanks Honestman - I've fixed my version and added it to the first post.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 14, 2013 22:29

Thanks for the fixes gentlemen! smileys with beer

Posted by: NedKellyBandit ()
Date: May 14, 2013 22:31

Thank you very much!!!

Great Work.

smileys with beer

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: May 15, 2013 05:59

strettonbull

Converted directly from 720p HD video to Flac.

Again many thanks for your work!

But original audio file has only 192 kb/s, so it's lossy and it will be lossy even if you convert it to flac.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 15, 2013 06:34

werther2003
strettonbull

But original audio file has only 192 kb/s, so it's lossy and it will be lossy even if you convert it to flac.

No lossy flacs, that's really bad form. It's like peeing in the trading pool.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: May 15, 2013 07:15

gracias-gracias-gracias

Date: May 15, 2013 10:27

werther2003
strettonbull

Yes - that's what I already said here - [www.iorr.org]

I've added a note to the post above too, to make it clear.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 15, 2013 12:25

werther2003
strettonbull

The point of converting to flac is not to try to improve the quality (we do know that's not possible), but to stop the quality from being degraded even further.

Posted by: kream ()
Date: May 15, 2013 12:40

JimmyShelter
but to stop the quality from being degraded even further.

it's very hard to further degrade of quality this kind of audio files so there is no even 1 reason to keep this file as huge "lossless" files. no everyone uderstand this problem and no everyone can check quality of these files.
sharing this recording as lossless files it is very bad idea

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 15, 2013 17:54

I know of only one freeware programme that will edit mp3s WITHOUT re-encoding, & that one's quite basic (mp3DirectCut). All others will re-encode in the editing process.

Say I start out with an mp3 encoded at 192 bits, I then edit it & then save as high as 320bits, I'm not upgrading, I'm making an mp3 of an mp3, hence I'm losing quality. Re-encode an mp3 4-5 times & it sounds awful, I tried it out ages ago as an experiment

To get around this you first convert the mp3 into a wav file & you can then do anything to that wav & it will not lose quality as long as it stays a wav or as some compressed lossless form like flac (Anyone remember SHN, they were the go in the early days of lossless audio)

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 15, 2013 18:21

kream
JimmyShelter

it's very hard to further degrade of quality this kind of audio files so there is no even 1 reason to keep this file as huge "lossless" files. no everyone uderstand this problem and no everyone can check quality of these files.

Agreed!!!. Once someone pees in the pool, no reason to drink the pool water whether or not someone else is peeing in the pool. Once something is lossy I think it is a bad idea to do anything to confuse people.

Date: May 15, 2013 20:40

Can anybody point me at the clip used to patch the beginning of SFTD? Please?

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 15, 2013 20:48

JimmyShelter
Can anybody point me at the clip used to patch the beginning of SFTD? Please?

It's this one I've used

HMN

Date: May 15, 2013 20:50

Thank you very much. Brilliant. I never found that one smileys with beer

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: May 16, 2013 00:38

kream
JimmyShelter

I disagree. It is a very smart idea not to degrade the quality of the best available source.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 16, 2013 11:28

JimmyShelter
werther2003
strettonbull

The point of converting to flac is not to try to improve the quality (we do know that's not possible), but to stop the quality from being degraded even further.

Actually it would be further degraded for someone encoding that "Lossy FLAC" to mp3 for use on a portable player, whereas it would not be degraded further if they used the straight rip available here : [www.iorr.org]

So this Flac is :
- confusing as FLAC is assumed to be lossless, not lossy
- waste of time (downloading from FileFactory if you're not a paid up member)
- further degradation if used on a portable device (reencoding of an mp3)
- as usual no info given on the "remastering" process or on what it adds other than "STRETTONBULL REMASTER" to the title

-> AVOID and get the straight mp3 rip available here : [www.iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-16 11:32 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 16, 2013 12:09

gotdablouse
JimmyShelter
werther2003
strettonbull

Actually it would be further degraded for someone encoding that "Lossy FLAC" to mp3 for use on a portable player, whereas it would not be degraded further if they used the straight rip available here : [www.iorr.org]

Not strictly true, once opened in an editor for splitting etc. it has then been re-encoded to mp3, the version that has been encoded to flac hasn't.
So re-encoding the flac to mp3 wouldn't be any different, they've both been re-encoded once.

Date: May 16, 2013 13:21

There is a freeware tool to cut mp3s WITHOUT reencoding, see vox12string's above, tested and approved.

Date: May 16, 2013 13:31

gotdablouse
There is a freeware tool to cut mp3s WITHOUT reencoding, see vox12string's above, tested and approved.

That maybe so, but the 'straight rip' you referred to wasn't a straight rip.

kream
.. audio from video was extracted as WAV file, and because everything over 16 kHz was cut off i converted it to mp3 and bitrate 192 kbps ..

And while we are quoting vox12string, why not quote the rest of it

vox12string
Say I start out with an mp3 encoded at 192 bits, I then edit it & then save as high as 320bits, I'm not upgrading, I'm making an mp3 of an mp3, hence I'm losing quality. Re-encode an mp3 4-5 times & it sounds awful, I tried it out ages ago as an experiment

To get around this you first convert the mp3 into a wav file & you can then do anything to that wav & it will not lose quality as long as it stays a wav or as some compressed lossless form like flac (Anyone remember SHN, they were the go in the early days of lossless audio)

Date: May 17, 2013 11:17

The original point remains, someone downloading that "remastered" FLAC for listening on their portable device (and who doesn't these days), on top of wasting their time downloading large lossy files on FileFactory, is going to end up with worse quality than if he'd downloaded the original MP3 version and played that on his portable device.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-17 11:22 by gotdablouse.

Date: May 17, 2013 12:04

If he'd downloaded the video and then taken the audio stream directly from it with no further encoding, then yes.
But my original point still remains, that kream's mp3 had already been re-encoded and wasn't a direct stream copy of the original.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 17, 2013 17:08

gotdablouse
The original point remains, someone downloading that "remastered" FLAC for listening on their portable device (and who doesn't these days), on top of wasting their time downloading large lossy files on FileFactory, is going to end up with worse quality than if he'd downloaded the original MP3 version and played that on his portable device.

Except if you have a portable device that can play FLAC files ...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home