Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
San Jose Harmony
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 8, 2013 10:42

Subject: "What the fuck"

"Dude you have a lot of nerve remastering and posting mine and my friend's recordings on a @#$%& pay site. You really are a jackass and may very well cause others not to have access to these recordings as I am prepared not to post my record of san jose publicly and will talk with the other two tapers about doing the same."

Daspyknows - registered for 8 hours and 6 posts.

I really think you should have got your feet in the door of IORR and understood the board's policies before you stormed in and laid into me.

Nobody is making any money whatsoever from your work. IORR has an account at FileFactory (administered by myself and Stonesmusikfan) for the Stones Vault Archive, where 1000s of recordings and rarities are posted for people to download FOR FREE.

FileFactory charge US to have this account. They do not charge you to download anything.

The Stones Vault was initially paid for by Stonesmusikfan and myself and has subsequently been funded by donations from IORR members.

If there is any spare money, we have even bought people premium accounts with the excess.

I'll let this thread be a place for people to express their opinions about what you have said.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-09 23:45 by strettonbull.

Re: Just received a threatening email from daspyknows.
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: May 8, 2013 12:33

Looks like some people still don't understand how the internet works. It's all about sharing...

BTW thanks to the original tapers and to Strettonbull for improving the original recording!

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 8, 2013 12:39

If 'you' listen to 'Static in the Attic' Mick Jagger says "I've got nothing against bootlegs, so long as you keep 'em cheap".
Even if someone does pay 'Filefactory' $40 for a years Premium account - which no-one has to as everyone can download for nothing if they choose - $40 for a years downloading and as many shows as you like? You can't get much cheaper than that.

As for the personal comments dipsyknowitall seems to be very rude & ignorant, there's ways to express your discontent without being abusive. (I certainly know of no "douchebag" called Strettonbull - in fact quite the opposite - a completely generous man - and I'm guessing you're on your own with that one.

Besides dipsy's argument is absurd, maybe he/she should go after Sony/Maxell/JVC/ etc for making money off the discs that people burn their downloads to?
Or the computer makers that the downloads are done on, or the power companies that supply the electric to power the computers.....(without which even the sacred torrent sites would be inaccessable)........just a nutty hysteric if you ask me...........

Lastly, are these 3 muskateers tapers really only the only 3 tapers in the world?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 12:48 by EddieByword.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 8, 2013 12:39

I have a few thoughts on this.

Firstly, how about we all stick to one thread (like this one for instance) to discuss this because it is getting bloody confusing trying to chase this up over several threads at once.

Secondly, what is your issue Daspyknows?

Is it people remastering your recordings? I'm OK with that - make that known and I'm sure people will keep their remasters for private use, I certainly would.
There has been a similar incident with Mike Koozmin's photos - we respect his right to be acknowledged on his work - resolved amicably.

And/or the use of FileFactory?
I myself have a Premium account, others don't, but nobody has to pay to download from the StonesVault. I download torrents but others can't and appreciate people making torrented shows available to them elsewhere.
I don't personally see why you would object to your work been available outside of torrents. I can well understand you objecting to people having to pay for them, but people don't have to.

Lets's stop shouting and work this out ... or it seems to me that we all end up losing out ... and what would be the point of that?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 12:42 by JimmyShelter.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 8, 2013 12:50

It would certainly be a shame not to be able to enjoy daspyknows' upcoming recording of San Jose because the recordings he shared of Oakland are possibly the best AUD recordings I've ever heard, bar none.

I'm pretty sure he also requested that if people modify his recordings they distribute both the modified version and the original together, has that been done? Yeah he did :

Don't remaster and/or post on other sites that are not 100% free
If shared keep info file intact but create a second file with any changes

I think it would also be of interest for people "remastering" to include a note saying what/how they've done exactly.

Finally on a personal note, I positively hate FileFactory as you basically can't download anything of substance without paying up or waiting for days, but I respect the work that's been done to put as much Stones' stuff on the net as possible.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 8, 2013 12:58

gotdablouse
It would certainly be a shame not to be able to enjoy daspyknows' upcoming recording of San Jose because the recordings he shared of Oakland are possibly the best AUD recordings I've ever heard, bar none.

I'm pretty sure he also requested that if people modify his recordings they distribute both the modified version and the original together, has that been done? Yeah he did :

I think it would also be of interest for people "remastering" to include a note saying what/how they've done exactly.

Finally on a personal note, I positively hate FileFactory as you basically can't download anything of substance without paying up or waiting for days, but I respect the work that's been done to put as much Stones' stuff on the net as possible.

Well spotted gotdablouse, I missed that.

So have we respected daspyknows' wishes, maybe not!

Daspyknows, do you have any suggestions as to how we can share your much appreciated recording(s) with members who can't do torrents?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 13:02 by JimmyShelter.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: May 8, 2013 13:07

Why not put our hands together

Daspyknows and friends do the taping
(we can't be at all shows like crew members do)
We help create artworks and help getting the tape to a higher level

Together we stand tall

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 8, 2013 13:25

gotdablouse

Haha, funny. I can think of about 100 that's a lot better.

Date: May 8, 2013 14:01

jeez, pretty astounding really, he/she is in reality nicking Mick et all's music and then trying to dictate like he is the copyright holder....huh!.....warra jerk!.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 15:30

God People Get to Angry There Not For Sale All Free For The Fans

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 8, 2013 16:40

First of all, did you read my info file? Filefactory is a for profit site. Second, you are free to remaster for your own benefit but I have kindly requested that not be done and you obviously did not read my request or chose to ignore it and third I can you confirm ALL information is intact? No. Just so you understand I and my fellow tapers are the ones spending money on gear, tickets and putting in the effort to make the recordings. If we did not share you would be sitting on this board playing with yourself hoping someone recording the show. I know I will be listening to it tonight, but it is my prerogative to put it up or not. If I do not then who loses out? Not me.

Date: May 8, 2013 16:44

EddieByword
If 'you' listen to 'Static in the Attic' Mick Jagger says "I've got nothing against bootlegs, so long as you keep 'em cheap".
Even if someone does pay 'Filefactory' $40 for a years Premium account - which no-one has to as everyone can download for nothing if they choose - $40 for a years downloading and as many shows as you like? You can't get much cheaper than that.

As for the personal comments dipsyknowitall seems to be very rude & ignorant, there's ways to express your discontent without being abusive. (I certainly know of no "douchebag" called Strettonbull - in fact quite the opposite - a completely generous man - and I'm guessing you're on your own with that one.

Besides dipsy's argument is absurd, maybe he/she should go after Sony/Maxell/JVC/ etc for making money off the discs that people burn their downloads to?
Or the computer makers that the downloads are done on, or the power companies that supply the electric to power the computers.....(without which even the sacred torrent sites would be inaccessable)........just a nutty hysteric if you ask me...........

Lastly, are these 3 muskateers tapers really only the only 3 tapers in the world?

we want them to be shared for FREE in their original form. We are not the only three tapers but we are the only three that will be in San Jose with hi-end gear.

Date: May 8, 2013 16:53

You haven't really answered Eddie's point at all have you.

Date: May 8, 2013 17:15

I don't need to answer his question, it is nonsensical. sounds like the gun debate to me.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 8, 2013 17:29

daspyknows
I don't need to answer his question, it is nonsensical. sounds like the gun debate to me.

...and therefore it would be great to stop it here. As you already mentioned, you are the person that goes to the show tonight and tapes it. Please decide afterwards whether you want to share it with us or not. If yes, please do never ever more come here and insult people who make the recording available for a larger number of people and even improve it. If no, then do not upload it anywhere. I'm sure almost everybody here will accept that & wish you great fun listening to it lonely with your two taping friends. However I won't ever understand what apparently is so wrong with remastering a record and sharing it for free... I never had to pay for it.

Date: May 8, 2013 17:34

daspyknows

You're the one that's non-sensical, what's so hard as to understand about - for those that want free, FILE FACTORY is Free.........

In any event File Factory simply provide a service to facilitate downloading, (you can choose whether you want an enhanced service,) there is no gun to anyones head. It's Just like the people who make discs, computers and electricity, they all facilitate 'your' hobby.
Filefactory is the only one of those you have a choice about whether 'you' pay anything or not..............Must be something in the food you've been eating...........confused smiley

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: May 8, 2013 17:36

daspyknows, dont understand much angry with the strettonbull remasters, he has been giving us a lot of improve sound of bootlegs from all eras!

we really appreciate did you record the concert, some of us are completists and made all possible to get the >Rolling Stones concert hystory, please understand Strettonbull labor, at least he share with all for FREE and direct download links for whom not have torrents like me.

i´m very sad when i see iorr shared bootlegs in market for 10usd, or sometimes more.

thanks daspyknows and strettonbull for share the concert and make the better sound possible!

pd: maybe you can work together for future shows!!!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 8, 2013 17:37

Another Freezer in the making. Someone else will share the show...however, there is no need to get too emotionally involved...this is a 2013 Stones show your squabbling over folks...

Date: May 8, 2013 17:41

Munichhilton
Another Freezer in the making. Someone else will share the show...however, there is no need to get too emotionally involved...this is a 2013 Stones show your squabbling over folks...

Trust you, brilliant.............grinning smiley

Date: May 8, 2013 17:51

No not another freezer. I share my full, unadulterated shows and have been doing so for 30 years. In fact the opposite, want them in their original and unadulterated format

Posted by: mm54321 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 17:56

<Daspyknows>
>you have a lot of nerve remastering and posting mine and my friend's recordings on a @#$%& pay site

I think strettonbull was wrong to remaster and "upload" it when the taper had expressly asked that not be done
Remaster for private use is ok, then wait a few months then upload as an archive is reasonable amount of time

I think strettonbull should apologize to daspyknows (probably send a pm on dime) and explain Torrents come and go but filefactory is used an archive and explain how long the files will be there

We have to respect tapers requests ...... otherwise they will hold back their work and then where will we be !!

Date: May 8, 2013 17:56

daspyknows
No not another freezer. I share my full, unadulterated shows and have been doing so for 30 years. In fact the opposite, want them in their original and unadulterated format

I sympathise....the troubles and woes of an artist losing control of his product.............oh, wait a minute...............

Date: May 8, 2013 18:04

EddieByword
daspyknows

I sympathise....the troubles and woes of an artist losing control of his product.............oh, wait a minute...............

Obviously you are not a taper and have probably not done anything to produce or contribute anything to anyone.

Date: May 8, 2013 18:06

mm54321
<Daspyknows>
>you have a lot of nerve remastering and posting mine and my friend's recordings on a @#$%& pay site

I think strettonbull was wrong to remaster and "upload" it when the taper had expressly asked that not be done
Remaster for private use is ok, then wait a few months then upload as an archive is reasonable amount of time

I think strettonbull should apologize to daspyknows (probably send a pm on dime) and explain Torrents come and go but filefactory is used an archive and explain how long the files will be there

We have to respect tapers requests ...... otherwise they will hold back their work and then where will we be !!

thank you thumbs up

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 18:19

The point daspyknows wanted to point out was that filefactory makes money from downloads. If he shares the tapes on completely free pages like dime etc. and wishes to keep them on non profit pages we should follow this wish.
@ daspyknows: I would be very delighted if you could share the San Jose tapes no matter what some of those people say.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 8, 2013 18:19

I've been a taper for years as well. Even used to have to do it on good old CR02. I truly feel that once I've 'released' one of my own recordings its no longer under my control in any way. Its sorta public domain... Why wouldn't it be? Some of my better Police recordings turned up as japanese bootlegs for Shanghai sake. Anyway...you obviously feel very protective of your stuff so if it honestly makes you mad enough to call for such language towards good people I think I would just keep your stuff to yourself.

No harm done. Enjoy your show tonight...

Date: May 8, 2013 18:28

henrik87
The point daspyknows wanted to point out was that filefactory makes money from downloads.

Except that they don't. There's no obligation to add to their profits. You can download everything for free.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: May 8, 2013 18:38

@daspyknows- thanks for taping and sharing what you already have shared so far.
I taped some stones shows in the past and I know how you feel.
Some things I distributed for free ended up on VGP releases and I was a little incensed at people profiting from my efforts without compensating me with a least a free copy of what they've done.

I hope you share your San Jose recording with us. It's great to hear these shows for free.

How I suggest we resolve this issue is with a little compromise:
IF IT WERE ME releasing these shows, I would have no problem with a remaster as long as I APPROVED IT FIRST.
Maybe the people who work really hard at these remasters (and a huge thanks for your hard work!) could send a private link to daspyknows before they share it with us. If daspyknows likes what you've done, then please share it. If he says no, then respect his wishes. I'd still rather a raw recording then none at all.
Re file factory? I #$%king hate it!
Hard to navigate the site and get your show. I much prefer wetransfer or torrents.
For those of us who have no problem or have a premium file factory account could pay it forward and post it to wetransfer or HC dime etc it would be a huge help.

Again,I hope you share your excellent shows with us daspyknows. Thanks again for your efforts and generosity in the past.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: May 8, 2013 18:51

I don't have a dog in this fight, but in my opinon as a matter of principle it is inappropriate to share private correspondence on a public forum without the consent of the sender, regardless of the nature of the private correspondence.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 18:56 by StonedInTokyo.

Date: May 8, 2013 18:52

daspyknows
EddieByword
daspyknows

Obviously you are not a taper and have probably not done anything to produce or contribute anything to anyone.

Yeah, well we all know by now, "daspyknows"...........eye rolling smiley

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home