Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Rolling Stones Oracle Arena Oakland Ca. 2013-05-05
Posted by: marksg ()
Date: May 10, 2013 13:56

If the taper has signed the text file, ask before sharing a remaster. Maybe he would like to hear it 1st. Just be courteous. I will also add that many a recording has been damaged by well meaning, but uneducated folks with mad mastering skills. Just because you hear less hiss or it seems fuller listening thru your ipod, pc, or car deck doesn't mean it's better. For example Godfather frequently uses mp3 to filter noise out of recordings and 1000's praise their work! It's garbage. So try to learn about the subject before sharing your efforts

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 10, 2013 14:04

marksg
If the taper has signed the text file, ask before sharing a remaster. Maybe he would like to hear it 1st. Just be courteous. I will also add that many a recording has been damaged by well meaning, but uneducated folks with mad mastering skills. Just because you hear less hiss or it seems fuller listening thru your ipod, pc, or car deck doesn't mean it's better. For example Godfather frequently uses mp3 to filter noise out of recordings and 1000's praise their work! It's garbage. So try to learn about the subject before sharing your efforts

I get all that thanks but what I'm asking is this, do you and you're friends work on yours before release or are there just the raw rcordings that end up on your recorders - and released as people say here at least, as is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 14:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: marksg ()
Date: May 11, 2013 02:26

Generally speaking less is better, but that depends on the equip used, the venue's characteristics, the taper's location. Now if it's say a multi generation cassette source, could be any # of things, from pitch control to filters, etc...

A great place to start learning is [www.izotope.com]. There you can a] download a 10 day trial of their excellent software.
b] grab a freely distributed copy of "Mastering With Ozone" While it's geared toward the Ozone suite, it contains alot of wisdom applicable to CEP, Audition, Samplitude etc users as well.

It won't make a novice a complete mastering expert, but will guide one towards not damaging recordings, and understanding the process and how to determine what if any adjustments will be beneficial.

Posted by: gimmerambler ()
Date: May 13, 2013 07:58

hOwdy
i havent been able to get this link to work for three days now
is anybody else having a problem downloading this this blg-Dime version from here ?> 2013.05.05 Oakland.rar (version blg-Dime) [www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 13, 2013 12:24

gimmerambler
hOwdy
is anybody else having a problem downloading this this blg-Dime version from here ?> 2013.05.05 Oakland.rar (version blg-Dime) [www.filefactory.com]

I haven't downloaded it but the link seems to be working OK.
What's happening when you click the link?

Date: May 13, 2013 17:53

JimmyShelter
gimmerambler
hOwdy

I haven't downloaded it but the link seems to be working OK.
What's happening when you click the link?

thanx JS
well 49 times out of 50 i get....
"All free download slots are in use. You can download this file immediately by upgrading to FileFactory Premium. Otherwise, please feel free to try again shortly.
Retry Download
"
but the one lucky time out of fifty....
it finally gives me a download tab to click on
after the countdown.... i get the "Download with FileFactory's download manager" prompt....
i then uncheck the download manager box as i always have with any of these FF links....
then i click the download tab again but get redirected to a page that says that google could not find it

those are the results i get with google chrome
when i use explorer its the same thing until i get the download manager prompt....
where it doesnt give me the option to uncheck that box
after trying over and over i decided to try it through the download manager but it STILL wouldnt download the (blg-Dime) version

your link and the others downloaded just fine after the "free download slots are in use" run-around
ive tried every option i could but that (blg-Dime) version link just wont work

cleared my cookies/restarted and everything else
ive been trying for 4 days now
is it just me ?

thanx

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 13, 2013 17:55

What country are you in? It's fine in the UK if I try to download as a free user.

I use Firefox.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 13, 2013 19:29

I'm having exactly the same problem but with another files since 3 days!
Maybe is a free user issue...

Date: May 13, 2013 19:42

It's probably this 'no free user slots' thing, when one does become available it's gone again before you can actually get in, so you get a 'page not found'.

FileFactory is in Europe and I often found that it was VERY busy during the evenings and much easier to download during the daytime.

Have you tried between, say, 9am and 3pm European time?

Date: May 13, 2013 19:51

JimmyShelter
It's probably this 'no free user slots' thing, when one does become available it's gone again before you can actually get in, so you get a 'page not found'.

FileFactory is in Europe and I often found that it was VERY busy during the evenings and much easier to download during the daytime.

Thanks for your reply JimmyShelter!
I'm in Southamerica and I also tought about the traffic and have tried in all the day's time (for example my late night is the European morning or my afternoon is the European night and so on).

Date: May 13, 2013 20:46

sad smiley

Sorry but I don't know what else to say really, except try again in a few days.
It does seem to be a free user issue.

Date: May 13, 2013 21:06

JimmyShelter
sad smiley

Sorry but I don't know what else to say really, except try again in a few days.
It does seem to be a free user issue.

I think the same, thanks for trying to help JimmyShelter! I will keep trying!

Date: May 14, 2013 18:41

strettonbull
What country are you in? It's fine in the UK if I try to download as a free user.

thanx strettonbull
greetings from chicago USA
still cant download the blg version
i can download everything else on the vault list except for this
2013.05.05 Oakland.rar (version blg-Dime) [www.filefactory.com]

tried it over and over yesterday on a friend's computer with the same results
this is what i get when i try to download it > [www.filefactory.com] < it seems to be redirecting

Date: May 14, 2013 18:55

JimmyShelter

that doesnt seem to be the case as this 2013.05.05 Oakland.rar (version blg-Dime) [www.filefactory.com] link is the only one acting up like this
yes - FF gets busy sometimes but all of the other links from the vault open to the download page eventually except for the oakland (blg-Dime) version - thanx again

Date: May 14, 2013 19:22

gimmerambler
JimmyShelter

that doesnt seem to be the case as this 2013.05.05 Oakland.rar (version blg-Dime) [www.filefactory.com] link is the only one acting up like this
yes - FF gets busy sometimes but all of the other links from the vault open to the download page eventually except for the oakland (blg-Dime) version - thanx again

Try this:

Filefactory.com

Date: May 14, 2013 20:11

@JimmyShelter: would you please do "that" kind of magic with the 3 dvd files (500 Mcool smiley I can't download since last Saturday? If possitive I'm very grateful and I will tell you which ones and if not, then I'm also thanfull for al the help and kindness.

Date: May 14, 2013 20:31

Quique-stone
@JimmyShelter: would you please do "that" kind of magic with the 3 dvd files (500 Mcool smiley I can't download since last Saturday? If possitive I'm very grateful and I will tell you which ones and if not, then I'm also thanfull for al the help and kindness.

That depends. "that magic" was possible because I already had an alternate file in my own filefactory account.

Which files are you needing?

Date: May 14, 2013 20:42

JimmyShelter
Quique-stone
@JimmyShelter: would you please do "that" kind of magic with the 3 dvd files (500 MB ) I can't download since last Saturday? If possitive I'm very grateful and I will tell you which ones and if not, then I'm also thankful for all the help and kindness.

That depends. "that magic" was possible because I already had an alternate file in my own filefactory account.

OK, I understand now "your magic"! And I would say I had no luck as what I'm needing are 3 files from 2 Zitrock's dvs:
Parts 6 & 11 from: ZitRock - Amsterdam, Paradiso 1995
Part 1 from: ZitRock - Bridges To Bremen
I could downlaod all the other parts.

Date: May 14, 2013 21:21

Quique-stone
JimmyShelter
Quique-stone
@JimmyShelter: would you please do "that" kind of magic with the 3 dvd files (500 MB ) I can't download since last Saturday? If possitive I'm very grateful and I will tell you which ones and if not, then I'm also thankful for all the help and kindness.

OK, I understand now "your magic"! And I would say I had no luck as what I'm needing are 3 files from 2 Zitrock's dvs:

I'm not sure if this will work, but try these:

ZitRock_-_Amsterdam,_Paradiso_1995.part06.rar
ZitRock_-_Amsterdam,_Paradiso_1995.part11.rar

ZitRock_-_Bridges_To_Bremen.part01.rar

Date: May 14, 2013 22:26

JimmyShelter
Quique-stone
JimmyShelter
Quique-stone

I'm not sure if this will work, but try these:

ZitRock_-_Amsterdam,_Paradiso_1995.part06.rar
ZitRock_-_Amsterdam,_Paradiso_1995.part11.rar

ZitRock_-_Bridges_To_Bremen.part01.rar

Yessss, it's working! I've started just downloading one of them! Many thanks for helping, your "magic" is alive and kicking JimmyShelter!!!! >grinning smiley<

Date: May 14, 2013 22:40

Just call me Magic Jim winking smiley

Glad it's working.

Date: May 14, 2013 22:46

JimmyShelter

Glad it's working.

Alright Magic Jim! I will let you know when I'm done in case you need to delete the files/uploads from your account or whatever your magic consists! smoking smiley

Date: May 15, 2013 13:04

Quique-stone
JimmyShelter

Glad it's working.

Alright Magic Jim! I will let you know when I'm done in case you need to delete the files/uploads from your account or whatever your magic consists! smoking smiley

Thanks, that would be useful thumbs up

Date: May 15, 2013 14:07

JimmyShelter
Quique-stone
JimmyShelter

Glad it's working.

The two tries I did, didn't finished, I will keep trying and trying! Please give me some time! I will let you know, OK? Thanks again!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-15 14:09 by Quique-stone.

Date: May 15, 2013 14:12

Quique-stone
JimmyShelter
Quique-stone
JimmyShelter

Glad it's working.

The two tries I did, didn't finished, I will keep trying and trying! Please give me some time! I will let you know, OK? Thanks again!

No problem. Hope you can get them because I don't know what else to suggest.
But they can stay there until you finish or give up, no hurry.

Date: May 15, 2013 14:21

JimmyShelter
Quique-stone
JimmyShelter
Quique-stone
JimmyShelter

Glad it's working.

No problem. Hope you can get them because I don't know what else to suggest.
But they can stay there until you finish or give up, no hurry.

Perfect, many thanks! thumbs up

Date: May 15, 2013 20:33

JimmyShelter
Try this:

Filefactory.com

presto Magic Jim !
your hocus pocus did the trick
to the tip of my hat from the bottom of the bottom of me
thanx for your time, your wizardry, humanity and smiling smiley sympathy

Date: May 15, 2013 20:42

gimmerambler
JimmyShelter
Try this:

Filefactory.com

presto Magic Jim !

Well after all that what can I say .. you're welcome mate thumbs up

Date: May 15, 2013 21:24

gimmerambler
JimmyShelter
Try this:

Filefactory.com

presto Magic Jim !

Everything went fine here too! Your magic (head + hands + end) is full of good tricks! I'm very grateful Magic Jim!
>grinning smiley<

Date: May 15, 2013 22:50

My end has never been so happy eye rolling smiley

Cheers fellas, enjoy your stuff cool smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1804
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home