Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Rolling Stones Oracle Arena Oakland Ca. 2013-05-05
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: May 8, 2013 12:34

dcba
Am I the only one who thinks this Oakland show is inferior to the Staples one?
Some songs (like "Satisfaction" ) are really poor.

...you're not the only one, with mixed emotions winking smiley>grinning smiley<

HMN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 8, 2013 12:56

henrik87
dcba
Sound is very good, FAR better than the Staples tape! thumbs up Listen to the intro to MR... whoa!

Wait until you hear the second source. It's even better spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Just wow...listened to the whole thing with headphones and I think I'll go as far to say thatthis is the best AUD recording I've ever heard, bar none! Very dynamic, clear, no interference, perfect, feels like being there!

Sadly ER was not played as well as in LA as others have pointed out, I'd add Gimme Shelter too, where Keith was struggling with the intro (couldn't hear himself?). Let's hope the stars align for San Jose!

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 15:34

That was my feeling too, when I listened to Gimme Shelter, one of my favourite ones...

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: May 8, 2013 16:23

maradona
daspyknows
Someone needs to tell the douchebag strettonbull not to remaster shows and put them up on pay sites. There are going to be 3 excellent San Jose sources that will not be torrented if the nonsense continues. There are private trackers to share among the tapers if the recordings are immediately used to make money for others. I have been in touch with the other two and we are in agreement about this issue. If people want to hear San Jose and Vegas they should bitch slap the son of a bitch and tell him to stop his nonsense.

You should admit that it is the other way round - by doing this, Strettonbull, Stonesmuziekfan etc enable EVERYBODY to dowload th shows, not only the ones who can deal with torrents. Additionally, they do not make any profit of it so I cannot see anything that is wrong with it. And just in case you are the one who taped one of the last shows: Many many thanks to you! We really appreciate such an effort! But however I felt obliged to report your messages as insulting other members here is not the way rock & roll fans should behave, I think. If you cannot accept the board's policy than okay - go ahead with your tapes and become happy. We do not need such a bullsh*t here.

There are three issues. First, FileFactory is a for profit site that is in business to make money off of others. There are fully free sharing sites where users do not need to pay anything. Second, I and many tapers request no remasters because they pollute the trading pool unless the person knows what they are doing. I have heard many butchered remasters and requested my recordings aren't remastered and posted. If he had bothered to contact me, well maybe. Third, where is the info file. I will be happy with my recordings and can and will post the recording on a private tracker that is limited to close friends. Yes, I will enjoy my recording tonight and I have no obligation to post it anywhere. Then you don't get to hear it. I guess that's what you want.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 8, 2013 16:50

Once again. you do not need to pay anything to download files from FileFactory. Where are these free sites that are non profit making?

We looked long and hard for the best hosting site and chose FileFactory after a lot of deliberation, mainly that it was affordable, reliable and would let us store many terrabytes of files.

Regarding your second point, all the info files were left as your originals except I added a note to state that it had been remastered. You were also credited on the artwork.

I like to think that I have a little bit of knowledge about doing this, but would never boast about it. It has been said that my work had been used for the Godfather releases though. It's subjective - to my ears and I think to many IORR people they sound better, certainly judging by the number of downloads.

Finally, despite everything, thank you for making a great job of recording the show in the first place and of course we all want to hear more of your work.

IORR is all about sharing and that includes helping those that do not have Dime accounts.

You should be flattered that we all have enjoyed the show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 16:54 by strettonbull.

Posted by: koozmin ()
Date: May 8, 2013 17:29

I shot from behind the pit and in front of the catwalk. A tiny sliver of space reserved for for only 6 pro photographers. I am honored that you enjoy the photos.

Date: May 8, 2013 17:36

And thanks for permission to use them in our artwork Mike!

Posted by: O2 ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:43

daspyknows
maradona
daspyknows
Someone needs to tell the douchebag strettonbull not to remaster shows and put them up on pay sites. There are going to be 3 excellent San Jose sources that will not be torrented if the nonsense continues. There are private trackers to share among the tapers if the recordings are immediately used to make money for others. I have been in touch with the other two and we are in agreement about this issue. If people want to hear San Jose and Vegas they should bitch slap the son of a bitch and tell him to stop his nonsense.

You should admit that it is the other way round - by doing this, Strettonbull, Stonesmuziekfan etc enable EVERYBODY to dowload th shows, not only the ones who can deal with torrents. Additionally, they do not make any profit of it so I cannot see anything that is wrong with it. And just in case you are the one who taped one of the last shows: Many many thanks to you! We really appreciate such an effort! But however I felt obliged to report your messages as insulting other members here is not the way rock & roll fans should behave, I think. If you cannot accept the board's policy than okay - go ahead with your tapes and become happy. We do not need such a bullsh*t here.

There are three issues. First, FileFactory is a for profit site that is in business to make money off of others. There are fully free sharing sites where users do not need to pay anything. Second, I and many tapers request no remasters because they pollute the trading pool unless the person knows what they are doing. I have heard many butchered remasters and requested my recordings aren't remastered and posted. If he had bothered to contact me, well maybe. Third, where is the info file. I will be happy with my recordings and can and will post the recording on a private tracker that is limited to close friends. Yes, I will enjoy my recording tonight and I have no obligation to post it anywhere. Then you don't get to hear it. I guess that's what you want.

daspyknows.... we DON´T need your recordings. There a lot of people sharing the music with any problems... and sure we get a san jose recording and maybe better than yours. If you like you can get it for free here.... in iorr.org and thanks strettonbull and the rest of people here working for free for us...

Date: May 8, 2013 21:56

O2
daspyknows
maradona
daspyknows

daspyknows.... we DON´T need your recordings. There a lot of people sharing the music with any problems... and sure we get a san jose recording and maybe better than yours. If you like you can get it for free here.... in iorr.org and thanks strettonbull and the rest of people here working for free for us...

OK, if that's what you want grinning smiley . I am sure you have never taped a show yourself. If it wasn't for TAPERS like me and my friends you wouldn't have a show to listen to. The best source WILL be either mine or one of my two friends. We have all paid the price to get the prime seats and invested more in our gear than you have probably spent on your car. Feel free not to download my recording, but I know you will because you have no choice if you want to hear a good recording.

Now tell me something big guy. What to you do to contribute to the community? Waiting to hear this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 21:58 by daspyknows.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: May 8, 2013 21:56

daspyknows

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-08 22:01 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Date: May 8, 2013 22:01

JumpinJeppeFlash
daspyknows

Please, give me a break, how much have you shared here over the past years. Bet you have been downloading what others have shared here and now you call strettonbull a douchebag? Who the hell do you think you are, please go away from here. There will be other recordings from the the shows you record and i for sure don't need your help with anything.

I have downloaded NOTHING on here and have no need to. Don't bother downloading my recordings, but you will, beggers can't be choosy. Maybe you should go out and tape a show yourself, then you can come back at me.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 8, 2013 22:10

koozmin
I shot from behind the pit and in front of the catwalk. A tiny sliver of space reserved for for only 6 pro photographers. I am honored that you enjoy the photos.

Thanks for the info, that's a new spot that wasn't avaible during the 2012 shows, my pictures from London (pics from the pit in my sig) are not a patch on yours in terms of quality but I caught a few good moments I think (was second row dead center).

@daspyknows - good luck taping and enjoy the show tonight, the orginal 2nd source for Oakland I got off Dime is stellar, I'll say it again, one of the best AUD I have ever heard!

Date: May 8, 2013 22:17

gotdablouse
koozmin

Thanks for the info, that's a new spot that wasn't avaible during the 2012 shows, my pictures from London (pics from the pit in my sig) are not a patch on yours in terms of quality but I caught a few good moments I think (was second row dead center).

@daspyknows - good luck taping and enjoy the show tonight, the orginal 2nd source for Oakland I got off Dime is stellar, I'll say it again, one of the best AUD I have ever heard!

yes, the second source was in the perfect spot using same mics as mine. I decided to go last minute and was three rows from the top. Today I am in the perfect location and one of the other tapers is two rows in front of me and the taper for the second source is in the same section I believe.

Date: May 8, 2013 23:02

daspyknows
O2
daspyknows
maradona
daspyknows

OK, if that's what you want grinning smiley . I am sure you have never taped a show yourself. If it wasn't for TAPERS like me and my friends you wouldn't have a show to listen to. The best source WILL be either mine or one of my two friends. We have all paid the price to get the prime seats and invested more in our gear than you have probably spent on your car. Feel free not to download my recording, but I know you will because you have no choice if you want to hear a good recording.

Now tell me something big guy. What to you do to contribute to the community? Waiting to hear this one.

Not never I taped a show, but I know people taping with bettersound that oakland >grinning smiley<... and I sure better sound that your next recordings...
I repeat, I DON`T need your recordings... And the same for your dear tapers friends.. good luck.
I have a lot of bootlegs recordings...since 1973 yes I´m an old man, and your oakland recording its a good one... only very good...

Date: May 8, 2013 23:05

O2
daspyknows
O2
daspyknows
maradona
daspyknows

Not never I taped a show, but I know people taping with bettersound that oakland >grinning smiley<... and I sure better sound that your next recordings...
I repeat, I DON`T need your recordings... And the same for your dear tapers friends.. good luck.
I have a lot of bootlegs recordings...since 1973 yes I´m an old man, and your oakland recording its a good one... only very good...

No my Oakland is a crap recording from shitty seats, I will admit that. I never said it was a good recording but that's irrelevant. Please don't download tonight's recording as the people you know have better gear and seats since you are an expert in these matters. I am off to the show tonight. Enjoy your couch.

Posted by: JimmyShelter ()
Date: May 8, 2013 23:55

Enjoy the show. I'm look forward to hearing it winking smiley

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 9, 2013 00:18

All I can add is that we need your recording dapsy... go and do your excellent job...and share it please...we want and will respect the agreement of course.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 9, 2013 00:55

O2 do us a favour : shut up! >grinning smiley<

Date: May 9, 2013 03:08

dcba

thumbs upconfused smiley

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: May 9, 2013 10:25

for some reason I cannot download the Flac file. If I click the link a error message pops up. I tried Dimeadozen, Hungercity, Zomb. And if I can download it, I get an empty file. Normally I use Google Chrome. I also tried IE. Please help. Thnx

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 9, 2013 11:06

O2
dcba

thumbs upconfused smiley

You don't even understand that? Well then DO shut the eff up, then

Date: May 9, 2013 12:28

Erik_Snow
O2
dcba

thumbs upconfused smiley

You don't even understand that? Well then DO shut the eff up, then

Yes I do...
sorry... from now is better I dont write anymore...
I only wanted to defend the good work of iorr people here about bootlegs.

daspyknows sorry for my words yesterday. I hope you get good recordings for stones fans in this tour.

Posted by: stonsik ()
Date: May 9, 2013 15:18

Thanks thumbs up

Date: May 9, 2013 20:25

Its coming. Its a good one.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: May 10, 2013 01:46

daspyknows

Dapsyknows - May I thank you for sharing your recording from Oakland - listening to it right now - and really enjoying it, along with a large Drambuie !! - best wishes from Scotland - If you keep posting recordings like this - a few Drambuie's will be sank smileys with beer

Date: May 10, 2013 01:59

Tonstone
daspyknows

Dapsyknows - May I thank you for sharing your recording from Oakland - listening to it right now - and really enjoying it, along with a large Drambuie !! - best wishes from Scotland - If you keep posting recordings like this - a few Drambuie's will be sank smileys with beer

Wait til San Jose. Much better show and recording.

Posted by: marksg ()
Date: May 10, 2013 05:12

After reading the trash in this thread I had to join, just to set you people straight. First off, I'm a site-op at one of the torrent sites DK uploads to. I've been involved in operating a tracker for the past 4+ years, and have been torrenting for over 10 years. I posess @ 30TB of flacs, maybe more.

This is the request info omitted by strettonbull in his thread.
"Just the basic taper requests here and please no vitriol:
Don't be an ass by selling this or using it in a video that is sold
Don't modify the info file
Don't remaster and/or post on other sites that are not 100% free
If shared keep info file intact but create a second file with any changes
To those that
Don't convert to lossy formats except for personal use
Do support the artists"

Maradona: You should admit that it is the other way round - by doing this, Strettonbull, Stonesmuziekfan etc enable EVERYBODY to dowload th shows, not only the ones who can deal with torrents. Additionally, they do not make any profit of it so I cannot see anything that is wrong with it. And just in case you are the one who taped one of the last shows: Many many thanks to you! We really appreciate such an effort! But however I felt obliged to report your messages as insulting other members here ....

Daspyknows, what' s your main problem? Is it that you don' t want people to remaster your uploads or is it that they put it on fileserver like filefactory? I can' t really see your point of view.
Filefactory is a fine platform for sharing all the good stuff. Have a look here what has been stored for free for everyone to download. I would say that most of the stuff you weren' t able to get via torrents this time. And those 2 generous people have paid their own money for it for all of us to get this for free. If a company that owns a server wants to make also some profit, man, I think that' s legit.
Also you can' t avoid that your version will taken by some piracy labels who put out their 'own' silvers of it.
So if the remaster is the problem then just write in your info-file that you don' t want this to be shared on other sites in every form.
Anyway, I must show you my biggest respect for taping and sharing the show!

Sirs, you simply do not get it. What Strettonbull did is grounds for banning on most established torrent sites.
1] He ignored the taper's request to not remaster and/or upload to a site that is "100%" free
2] He ignored the taper's request to not alter the info file [at least in the thread here, if not the upload] by removing his requests I provided at the top of this post.
3] Ok, I can understand your beef with his flaming. However it's easy for you or even me to say that. He's the one that spent thousands on his gear [google the equip model #'s he gives you in the info file, you'll be surprised at the $ amt]. We didn't spend hundreds on the ticket and whatever else to get there, park etc, then get the gear inside and operate it thru the show [like a job] instead of drinking, partying, laughing, yapping, like the rest of you. Then he runs home and produces and uploads the master for his friends and fellow torrenters to enjoy. He receives nothing more than thank you's [at best] and then when he complains about the mistreatment of his recording and the ignoring of his small requests, you all disrespect him.

This behavior is what causes tapers to not share, and is flat out unacceptable.
Don't even try to defend yourselves or strettonbull by saying this allows a broader audience to enjoy the recording. Anyone can torrent, I've taught dozens of folks over the years, including teens. Recording a show at Daspy's level and producing a master for upload is much much more difficult, trust me. Torrents aside, there was no need to remaster, and on top of that, strettonbull doesn't even tell you what he did. Did he simply apply some plug-ins on Cool Edit Pro? Or did he use high end stand alone equipment to adjust the sound? He doesn't say. That's bush league, right there. His remaster does nothing but pollute the trading pool. Oh, and I wouldn't brag about any association with Godfather. 90+% of their releases are lossy! Their #1 mastering tool is to convert to mp3 and back to flac. I've tossed more Godfather junk into my recycle bin than I can recall. Utter crap, and if you disagree, you don't have ears, and you don't posess quality analyzing software.

To sum it up for you. Have some class folks. Give the taper your utmost respect, he's earned it. Don't screw it up for the rest of us with your boorish behavior. Stop and think.

Nice job with the artwork though. It would be thoughtful of you to return to where you got the recording and share the art there, that would show a little class.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 05:21 by marksg.

Date: May 10, 2013 10:32

Welcome to IORR.

I think you'll find it's all been sorted now.

Much correspondence has gone on off the message board and I think all parties are happy.

Posted by: marksg ()
Date: May 10, 2013 13:37

Well Daspy is a cool guy and is hoping that you get it. I do too. If you all learn some trading etiquette from us, the community as a whole benefits. It's important that we all work together toward a common goal, to share the music. We strongly believe in lineage, and keeping files intact and unchanged. This way new folks down the line get the same quality as those at the head of the pack.

In the days of cassette trades, this was impossible, eventually generations later, the recordings lost their quality. This is where we have an advantage in the digital realm. This is why we make and archive md5 and ffp checksums. They tell us that the files are 100% original.

The basic rules emanate from the beginning. The old school GD tapers and mastering people [some of which are actual pros]Visit bt.etree.org to see how it all began. Visit db.etree.org to see how seriously archiving and file preservation is taken. From file-naming, to techniques for recording, tracking, mastering, types of equip and software used. Top to bottom, standards proven and established.

I can with 100% confidence assure you that RS recordings are one of the most severely plagued by lossy and destructive techniques. I've seen it so many times. LZ is another. By contrast the GD and PF communities enjoy overall much higher quality recordings. There are many reasons, but #1 is that GD and PF groups adhere to the standards, the music is preserved perfectly. Those communities police themselves and prevent uneducated users from peeing in the pool. I hope you all get it, and I hope I'm helping you understand. Peace

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 10, 2013 13:45

marksg
Well Daspy is a cool guy and is hoping that you get it. I do too. If you all learn some trading etiquette from us, the community as a whole benefits. It's important that we all work together toward a common goal, to share the music. We strongly believe in lineage, and keeping files intact and unchanged. This way new folks down the line get the same quality as those at the head of the pack.

In the days of cassette trades, this was impossible, eventually generations later, the recordings lost their quality. This is where we have an advantage in the digital realm. This is why we make and archive md5 and ffp checksums. They tell us that the files are 100% original.

The basic rules emanate from the beginning. The old school GD tapers and mastering people [some of which are actual pros]Visit bt.etree.org to see how it all began. Visit db.etree.org to see how seriously archiving and file preservation is taken. From file-naming, to techniques for recording, tracking, mastering, types of equip and software used. Top to bottom, standards proven and established.

I can with 100% confidence assure you that RS recordings are one of the most severely plagued by lossy and destructive techniques. I've seen it so many times. LZ is another. By contrast the GD and PF communities enjoy overall much higher quality recordings. There are many reasons, but #1 is that GD and PF groups adhere to the standards, the music is preserved perfectly. Those communities police themselves and prevent uneducated users from peeing in the pool. I hope you all get it, and I hope I'm helping you understand. Peace

Just as a matter of interest, what is your policy regarding shows that are fairly decent but with a bit of tweaking could possibly be made better?

Or. are you saying that anything you release is in your opinion already as good as it can be?

Just asking for the sake of clarity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-10 13:46 by EddieByword.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1933
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home