Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones Live November 25th 2012, "50 years and counting" at The O2, London. Multicam DVD with SB soundtrack UPDATE: double layer version
Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: February 26, 2013 10:04

Again, I'd like to acknowledge all the effort put in by all concerned in compiling this material. But before I do another huge D/L, can we all take this one as the ultimate best possible? There have been a few tweaks, improvements, and fixes, so all I really want to find out if this is "really it" for this important first O2 performance. cool smiley

Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones Live November 25th 2012, "50 years and counting" at The O2, London. Multicam DVD with SB soundtrack
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: February 26, 2013 10:53

Rolling on
Thanks for this, Stonewolf!
To avoid confusion in my head: This Doublelayer DVD is the same as the Singlelayer DVD on page 1? Or did you made any changes between these two releases?

It is the same except of about 60 seconds of clips that gotdablouse took which I included for personal reasons.

Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones Live November 25th 2012, "50 years and counting" at The O2, London. Multicam DVD with SB soundtrack UPDATE: double layer version
Date: February 26, 2013 10:57

stonesman87
Again, I'd like to acknowledge all the effort put in by all concerned in compiling this material. But before I do another huge D/L, can we all take this one as the ultimate best possible? There have been a few tweaks, improvements, and fixes, so all I really want to find out if this is "really it" for this important first O2 performance. cool smiley

As I mentioned, there is also a Blu Ray "falo" version now on HC with the godfather SB: [www.hungercity.org]

I assume this will have the best (HD) video quality. Haven't seen that one (only parts of the DVD), so I am not sure which one has the better cuts.

Re: GRRR! The Rolling Stones Live November 25th 2012, "50 years and counting" at The O2, London. Multicam DVD with SB soundtrack
Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: February 26, 2013 10:59

Stoneswolf
Rolling on
Thanks for this, Stonewolf!
To avoid confusion in my head: This Doublelayer DVD is the same as the Singlelayer DVD on page 1? Or did you made any changes between these two releases?

It is the same except of about 60 seconds of clips that gotdablouse took which I included for personal reasons.

RThanks! Much appreciated. Where' s this little excerpt to find? I think this was something like a self-portrait?

Date: February 26, 2013 11:13

Rolling on
RThanks! Much appreciated. Where' s this little excerpt to find? I think this was something like a self-portrait?

So to say... During GOOMC gotdablouse was filming the front row in the PIT.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 26, 2013 11:53

Stoneswolf
gotdablouse

Thanks, will download ASAP, so you don't think you can start from the DVDx3 version you got a hold of? Too complex, or not worth it?

DVDx3 - version: most likely not as I do not have the time at the moment. (just did a quick check on it and was not so convinced, also there is the falo version which I also have not yet checked so much. You might also consider the falo Blu Ray version on HC: [www.hungercity.org]). Me, I wanted to have a version were some of the clips from were I was standing are included, so I am content with what I have now.)

Thanks, yes I might give the Blu Ray version a try as I'm finding (only me oddly enough) his DVD version not very "smooth" (as if frames were missing).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-26 13:14 by gotdablouse.

Date: February 26, 2013 12:36

Stoneswolf
stonesman87

As I mentioned, there is also a Blu Ray "falo" version now on HC with the godfather SB: [www.hungercity.org]

I assume this will have the best (HD) video quality. Haven't seen that one (only parts of the DVD), so I am not sure which one has the better cuts.

Hey Stoneswolf, thanks heaps. This one looks like the best one out of quite a range we've had to choose from, that good in fact that I think I'll put this to disc as the take of this gig for my collection. I can't get back into HC either, so your one is the stuff for me. smileys with beer

Just one question. I can see it has the chapters, but there doesn't seem to be a menu. Have I missed something? Oh, and have you made a DVD cover for it? Once again: thumbs up

Date: February 26, 2013 13:23

[I can't get back into HC either, so your one is the stuff for me. smileys with beer

Just one question. I can see it has the chapters, but there doesn't seem to be a menu. Have I missed something? Oh, and have you made a DVD cover for it? Once again: thumbs up[/quote]

Facing also problems with HC... DVD has no menu, wanted it to start with the concert when the DVD is inserted, for this particular case the software I used does not allow menus (others do).
Will consider to make (update)a cover for it within the next couple of days.

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: February 26, 2013 18:21

Most of the Youtube clip 720p downloading by myself have much better quality picture than this dvd but the mixing work vidéo/audio is really great !

But what about the cover ? Where can i find it ?

Thanks, François

Date: February 26, 2013 22:32

fanch
Most of the Youtube clip 720p downloading by myself have much better quality picture than this dvd but the mixing work vidéo/audio is really great !

But what about the cover ? Where can i find it ?

Thanks, François

I have a serious suggestion. At [www.youtube.com], there are just about all of the tracks in the best-positioned (really close to the stage) and best video quality that I've come across. I was really tempted to try to do my own compilation, but they suffer from two problems. The audio is variable, but that can be overcome by synching other superior audio, and probably all of the clips are cut off at start and end. That can be overcome by sampling most of these clips and adding material from other camera angles on other complete clips to make a complete show. The video on all these clips is outstanding, so Stoneswolf, you might want to have a serious look at these to see if you want to do another upgrade! This user's entries contain both the 25th and 29th, so just check the captions to identify the ones from the 25th smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-26 22:34 by stonesman87.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home