Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Brixton 95 SBD
Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: February 11, 2013 19:30

Three months ago when the Circus Krone boot was released there were strong rumours that the Brixton SBD will be the next release in line.

Does anyone have more information on this possible release or has it been cancelled?

Re: Brixton 95 SBD
Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 12, 2013 10:55

IMHO the complete Stones archive stuff needs a re-thinking.

The Google contract is now over, so I hope that FLAC files will be made avaialable to all worldwide. People should be able to chosse th file format for themselves and the Stones should offer both MP3 and FLAC

They could also be providing some more consequent booklets to their next releases. They could hire trainees in desingn and publishing who could do a great work for few money.

As often, the Stones have everything at disposal to make some awesome releases, but they only make OK releases. Please, let the fans help you doing things right.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 12, 2013 11:31

Well said Doc, I've been saying this for years. It leads me to believe they're happy about the way things are. Maybe the plan is right on target to keep us wanting more? That's what I think it is. Back to Brixton '95. I really hope this gets released, as well as the Paradiso gig. There's some good/interesting performances in there.

Date: February 12, 2013 13:14

The recording was not rumored to be the next official boot of the StonesArchive but there were strong rumors that RTR, the label that released Circus Krone, would release this as their next title.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 12, 2013 14:49

Brixton SB? Yum!
Do you know if a pro-shot vid will come with the CD, à la Cirkus'03?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-12 14:54 by dcba.

Date: February 12, 2013 15:11

As far as I know there were only talks of a CD release. But the pro-shot was shown at the Brixton Stones Convention in 1999. So it is out there...

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 12, 2013 15:32

henrik87
As far as I know there were only talks of a CD release. But the pro-shot was shown at the Brixton Stones Convention in 1999. So it is out there...

Yeah I was there too !
Excellent video BTW

My wish would be an extended Stripped Box feat. 8 CDs :
- Paradiso (make the fans vote for which show will be complete and add as bonus all the songs from the losing show not played during the chosen one)
- Olympia
- Brixton
- Toshiba studio outtakes

Plus 2 DVD's
Brixton
The Stripped TV special + a few more complete songs from Olympia + Paradiso

That would make 8 CDs + 2 DVD's + a regular booklet.
Make this 59.99 and you got plenty of customers.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 12, 2013 16:13

very good idea Doc.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 12, 2013 18:07

Doc
Make this 59.99 ...

Good one!

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 6, 2013 03:33

brixton cd and dvd should be realesed,one of the best and paradiso is brilliant too.
How can the stones miss one of the best live virsion of gimmme shelter with lisa fischer should have been on stripped cd,stripped should have been a double cd with tracks from brixton and paradiso.STONES are too close to the best songs.

Posted by: Tommy Cosmo ()
Date: March 8, 2013 17:20

I watched a videotape that an EMI
employee lend me for a few hours in 96.
It was outtakes from the Stripped film
With backstage scenes interviews and
a few songs I remember that It's All Over Now
from Paradiso was one of them.
And I had no chance to make a copy. :-(

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: March 8, 2013 19:10

i would appreciate such releases BUT not at such high prices as they are offered. that´s not ok. we call the stones rippers for their ticket prices but boxes, made as deluxe ed. with high prices are useless for the casual fan. I cannot pay for such boxes. Yes, if it is 60 $ with 8 CDs and 2 DVDs and Booklet but these prices are high mostly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2225
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home