Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones collection for sale
Posted by: skorpio65 ()
Date: February 12, 2024 12:11

Hello Stones fans,
since I started to collect them in late 1979, I think about to sell my complete official Rolling Stones collection.
Kept as a jewel, most in shrink wrap or still sealed.
I need a new car and this can be useful.
Don't know which price can be.
I would like to read your opinion.
Thanks to all.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-21 12:03 by skorpio65.

Re: Rolling Stones collection for sale
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 12, 2024 12:25

skorpio65

Don't know which price can be.

See here - [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] . Check the marketplaces on Amazon, eBay and [www.Discogs.com] . A site for Vinyl would be [www.Popsike.com] . Or see [www.CDandLP.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-12 16:10 by Irix.

Re: Think abaut to sell my (sealed,as new) official Rolling Stones cd,sacd,box,dvd collection (no vinyls)
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: February 12, 2024 15:35

In a past few years the prices for CDs dropped significantly. So, do not expect miracles.

For sure, sealed CDs and DVDs could be priced higher, but not much.

Also, everything strongly depends on edition/pressing. Early editions are more collectible than other.

Lets say, Still Life on WEA with target label can cost more than average, up to $100 if the first version in original smooth sided jewel case (but usually it is sold for less). Rewind 1971-1984 on WEA (SANYO Japan for USA) complete with long box too (without long box the price rarely overshoots $10). Old CBS CDs (JVC Japan for USA) are also collectible but of lesser interest. West German London CDs could cost a bit unreasonable in the USA but hardly somebody from Europe will give you more than $7-$10 for a disc (excluding the very first pressing of the debut album with black-and-red label, this one can go up to $100 no matter the territory). Old 1986 ABKCO CDs (DECCA/London period) are generally disposable, unless the first pressing complete with long boxes. Virgin CDs are cheap as dirt (unless you will sell a complete set in outer cardboard sleeves, 2005 edition, The USA Collection). SACD-hybrids in digipaks from 2002 are of some value, but again, you will not make a fortune from those. Prices for Japanese CDs strongly depend on edition (CDs with 'black triangle label' are always on the radar of collectors) and if complete with OBI and other extras. Lets say, the presence of OBI (w/o defects and sun burns) can triple the price of Japanese CD.

But there is no general rule for pricing policy. I saw different and weird deviations on various internet platforms. Including the cases when obvious Chinese counterfeits were sold at sky-high prices while rare original unique editions were priced at Goodwill level.

Go to discogs, find your edition/pressing and check sale history. That would provide more or less realistic price range.

Re: Think about to sell my (sealed,as new) complete official Rolling Stones cd,sacd,box,dvd collection (no vinyls)
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 12, 2024 15:46

I feel compelled to say something every time I see a post like this. First of all it’s always heartbreaking to see people in need of money, and then having to give up something they love. Unless they just want to move on. I was fortunate enough to get this life lesson early on in my collector days when I needed to make a car payment. I gave up 3 super rare records plus others for almost nothing. I still haven’t replaced those records either. Long story short don’t expect too much. Since then I collect only for my love of the music and it’s a lot of fun. I’m sure it’s going in the trash after I’m gone.

Posted by: TravellinMan ()
Date: February 12, 2024 17:27

I suggest you take a representative sample from your collection: something rare, something common, something expensive when you got it. Look up what they sold for recrntly on ebay and amazon. A few of each type. Extrapolate from there.

Posted by: jstones ()
Date: February 13, 2024 13:42

Hi
as a collector myself and having purchased and sold quite a few cds nd vinyls I strongly recommend the use of Discogs - While Ebay and Amazon are good sites they cater to a number of products while Discogs is specialized on music only - It takes more time in order to find the right selection but gives you a lot of info on pricing possibilities - a lot depends on how many records and cds you have but if you already have a list maybe you can share it on this website and see who might be interested
good luck

Re: Think about to sell my (sealed,as new) complete official Rolling Stones cd,sacd,box,dvd collection (no vinyls)
Date: February 19, 2024 07:35

Thanks TravellinMan, my collection cover almost everything pressed on cd,special edition cd, japanese version cd, sacd cd's with certificate, cd singles, boxset, official dvd's and rare pro-shot dvd's.
I do not collect vinyls, also if i started my Stones collection buying them with Tattoo You and Emotional Rescue album in 1981.
But I decide later to keep only cds for a better audio (no rumers, scratches, etc.), also if i was in love with viny format.
I will post pictures soon starting in order with years pubblications.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-19 08:49 by skorpio65.

Date: February 20, 2024 12:18

Abkco collection:

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-20 12:36 by skorpio65.

Date: February 20, 2024 12:25

SACD collection with Certificate

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-20 13:01 by skorpio65.

Date: February 20, 2024 12:38

Virgin collection

Date: February 20, 2024 12:55

Singles collection

please ask for more

Date: February 20, 2024 16:55

There are a few questions about your listing.
1. What country are you from? Because, for example, a shipment from the US to EU will cost a fortune. A lot of people will skip at this point.
2. Are you planing to sell those as sets or separately disc by disc? One might be interested in a couple of discs that you listed but for sure will not start negotiations if you are selling sets.
3. The country of origin/manufacturing of the CDs and the territory where they were sold/purchased. This is obvious only for Virgin Collector's Edition and Singles 1971-2006 box set. What about the rest?
4. What CDs are still sealed? These might cost more and of interest for collectors of 'post stamps'. Can you, please, specify?

skorpio65
Abkco collection:

These discs have bad reputation because of inferior mastering and sound quality for majority of the set. Also, any pressing other than West Germany for USA is of minor interest for collectors.
skorpio65

SACD collection with Certificate

Are these for the USA or for the ROW market? Which are still sealed? This set has good reputation and sealed discs might go as high as $20 (20 EUR) apiece. But hardly more.

skorpio65

Virgin collection

Another nice edition. However, not extremely rare. In a local record store they cost 11 EUR apiece. Sure, crazy sellers on ebay ask for 20-30 EUR but that is absolutely unreasonable price. I managed to purchase complete sets from ebay (6 out of 8 discs were still sealed). The price was 90 EUR + S&H (12 EUR).

skorpio65
Singles collection

please ask for more
Small boxes rarely overshoot 35 EUR apiece in local record store. I believe, a sealed set could go higher but not much.

Big pink box - depending on the number of the copy and the version of CD #23
Box *011914 is Chinese counterfeit. So, you know, worthless.
Original CD #23 has a glitch (manufacturer's defect) in the beginning of I Think I'm Going Mad.
Replacement #1 has wrong cue point (separation between tracks). Thus, the beginning of I Think I'm Going Mad is 'glued' to the end of She Was Hot.
Only replacement #2 is OK and the error was finally corrected. This one can go up to 150 EUR (+ shipping costs, that might be large because the box is heavy enough).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-20 23:36 by ironbelly.

Date: February 20, 2024 17:20

ironbelly

Which are still sealed?

The SACDs looked like as if they're sealed (click on the image for a larger view) - since there's the shrink wrap and the ABKCO stickers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-21 10:00 by Irix.

Date: February 21, 2024 07:49

Those above are all opens, also If some are still in shrink wrap to avoid damage, I have more on my collection still sealed.
This is just the beginning.
I will put pictures soon.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-21 07:51 by skorpio65.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: February 21, 2024 09:41

ironbelly

Original CD #23 has a glitch (manufacturer's defect) in the beginning of I Think I'm Going Mad.
Replacement #1 has wrong cue point (separation between tracks). Thus, the beginning of I Think I'm Going Mad is 'glued' to the end of She Was Hot.
Only replacement #2 is OK and the error was finally corrected. This one can go up to 150 EUR (+ shipping costs, that might be large because the box is heavy enough).

This is interesting and new to me. I received the replacement #1 but did not know that there was a second one. I assume there is no chance anymore of getting this now (except for a lot of money on ebay maybe). At least the song is complete also on replacement #1.

Date: February 21, 2024 12:06

From The Vault dvd+cd (all dvd's still sealed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-21 12:14 by skorpio65.

Date: February 21, 2024 12:09

Sticky Fingres boxset (the biggest still sealed)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-21 12:09 by skorpio65.

Date: February 21, 2024 12:40

wiredallnight
ironbelly

This is interesting and new to me. I received the replacement #1 but did not know that there was a second one. I assume there is no chance anymore of getting this now (except for a lot of money on ebay maybe). At least the song is complete also on replacement #1.
Yes, song is complete on replacement #1. And if you listen to the disc continuously there are no problems. The problem appeared only when you'll try to listen to Track #2 solely. In that case a few first bits will be missing. Replacement #1 is relatively common on ebay.

Replacement #2 is a rare creature. Guess, the only way to track it down is to ask the seller about matrix number. Replacement # 2 has the following:
Matrix: 06025 275 978-3 01 + 52760164 [Universal logo x 4]
Hub imprint: MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC A
Mastering SID code: IFPI LV27
Mould SID code: IFPI 01** (here ** - numbers that correspond to particular molding machine at the pressing plant). Unfortunately, this one is very faint and imprinted on transparent plastic near the central hole. Thus, sellers might not find it.

But anyway, let's go back to the topic of this thread.

Date: February 21, 2024 12:49

skorpio65
Sticky Fingres boxset (the biggest still sealed)

If you are planning to sell these discs here you should show not only the images but also tell about the state of the discs, announce terms and conditions for sale, price, methods of payments etc. Like this or similar way.
[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-21 12:54 by ironbelly.

Re: Think abaut to sell my (sealed,as new) official Rolling Stones cd,sacd,box,dvd collection (no vinyls)
Date: February 23, 2024 07:35

Thanks IronBelly for answer, and for useful informations.
I put my black tongues cd

Date: February 23, 2024 07:47

Thanks wiredallnight.

This is my numbered copy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-23 07:48 by skorpio65.

Date: February 23, 2024 10:15

Most of my items are new, never played ore used once.

Date: February 23, 2024 15:43

skorpio65
Thanks wiredallnight.

This is my numbered copy

This one is legit original copy. Price of 150€ (S&H included) is, probably, the best you can get for this one. Actually, in my local record store a sealed copy was collecting dust on a shelve for (almost) 2 years before it was sold. It was priced at 120€. This box was initially overpriced did not sold well.

skorpio65
Thanks IronBelly for answer, and for useful informations.
I put my black tongues cd

Love You Live, Still Life and Sucking in the 70's are regular CBS editions made in Austria. These are not rare at all. Absolutely nothing special. Keep in mind, that red tray = nice price edition. Those were pressed in enormous numbers in 1990 before Urban Jungle Tour and were sold almost half price sealed.
Rewind is a standard CBS US pressing. Also not rare.
Made In The Shade - Japan for Europe pressing. This one is of certain collectors interest. Japan for Europe discs were on the market for a short period of time, from late 1986 till mid 1987. But even though I rarely saw this album priced more that 7.5€ in record shops.
Undercover - depending of the matrix string and the jewel case. If matrix is CDP 7 46024 2 CP35-3087-1 1A1 and the jewel case with smooth sided cover with oval hinges - this would be the very first pressing of the CD for European market from late 1983. A rarity that might cost up to 30€ (usually - less than that because in many cases there is a 'sun burn' discoloration to the spines of the back cover).
Later pressings with matrices
CDP 7 46024 2 CP35-3087-1 1A2,
CDP 7 46024 2 CP35-3087-5 1A1,
CDP 7 46024 2 CP35-3087-5 1A2,
CDP 7 46024 2 CP35-3087-6 1A1,
CDP 7 46024 2 CP35-3087-6 1A2
have declining value. You see, there were at least 6 pressings of this disc with total number on the market ~60 000 copies (maybe even more). The first pressing was made in late 1983, the last - some time in late 1984 (or early 1985). This CD is not terribly hard to find. The only positive thing about this disc is that it might serve as a 'budget' replacement for overpriced Japanese-only version Undercover [Toshiba-EMI CP35-3087] with 'black triangle' label.

Date: February 23, 2024 16:25

Prices of 'The Singles 1971-2006' (Barcode 6025 2760346 9) - [www.Discogs.com] .

Date: February 23, 2024 17:52

Irix
Prices of 'The Singles 1971-2006' (Barcode 6025 2760346 9) - [www.Discogs.com] .
Those are prices for still unsold copies (some of which are actually Japanese versions, i.e. EU box with extra booklet and OBI). One should check not for the copies currently on the market but for sale history (if one wants to sell but not to display). For EU box without extras the results for the past two years are
Last sold on Feb 20, 2024
€151.14 Average
€156.31 Median
€225.80 High
€1.50 Low (these were a couple of individual singles from a stripped down box set).
So even on discogs with all payments to the platform the average prices are of about 150€.

Date: February 23, 2024 18:35

ironbelly

One should check not for the copies currently on the market but for sale history

But you're in "competition" with current offers. A statistically low price is "useless" if there's no such offer.

Date: February 23, 2024 23:11

Irix
ironbelly

One should check not for the copies currently on the market but for sale history

But you're in "competition" with current offers. A statistically low price is "useless" if there's no such offer.
Current prices on discogs are 'display' prices. Most of those sellers are crooks with very specific pattern/sale politics. They placed items at overblown prices and are waiting for an idiot to make money and to cover all expenses in one take. These guys - KUPIKU-COM, Surface_Records, foreveryoungrecords - are simply crazy. The history of the sales is showing the actual median price on the market. Nobody will pay 500€ for an item if the market price for that one is 150€. I am positive that only an idiot (or one in a desperate need) would pay more than 200€ for this box.

Date: February 24, 2024 11:25

ironbelly

They placed items at overblown prices and are waiting for an idiot to make money and to cover all expenses in one take.

Same game since many years on Amazon Marketplace, eBay, etc .... this "business" seems to work.

Current prices of the originally $450 priced 'Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016' - [www.Amazon.com] , [www.eBay.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-24 12:00 by Irix.

Date: February 26, 2024 08:18

Hello Ironbelly,

i wil try to answer your questions:

1. What country are you from? I'm from Italy

2. Are you planing to sell those as sets or separately disc by disc? I think about to sell the entire collection

3. The country of origin/manufacturing of the CDs and the territory where they were sold/purchased. They were buy all in Italy, but most of them on internet (amazon,rolling stones official site, discogs,vynylsrecords japan).

4. What CDs are still sealed? There are some still sealed, for example every single cd printed almost have one copy sealed of it. Also for the most part of the dvd's because these are included in the cd version.

Please ask for more details.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-26 08:19 by skorpio65.

Date: February 26, 2024 09:05

Steel Wheels

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home