Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Gothenburg 1973 evening show
Posted by: mlejay ()
Date: November 4, 2012 20:56

Thank you very much Vilhelm ! I appreciate your sharing.

Posted by: FRANCKY ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:31

The tape posted here by Vilhelm sounds VERY great !!

Thanks for sharing this gem with us...

Francky

smileys with beer

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:53

mickijaggeroo
I´m regretting I even bothered in the first place.
But rest assured I will not do it again.

Come on, Vilhelm, there's 100 of us that appreciate your sharing-spirit, nevermind one guy who doesn't

edit: thought HidePark was joking with his comment, but it wasn't, I see now

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-04 22:45 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: November 4, 2012 22:07

mickijaggeroo
LiveAtHidepark
mickijaggeroo

He, I and 3 others are the only ones i know of that have it.

How many dozens you don't know ?

What kind of question is that? I´m not gonna take flak for uploading this.

I've been collecting tapes for a long time now. And I know something : when somebody LOUDLY & PUBLICLY claims that a tape is owned by a few persons/people (I apologize for my poor english), that mean the tape is circulating.

I have listened to your tape. It's better than the horrible Exile release, but I want to point 2 things :

1- I also have this tape and I am not in those supposed inner circles of super-"we are the only-ones"-fans & collectors.
2- The Exile release is from another recording of the same show, in poor quality - I have a SECOND (not a FIRST) generation cassette-copy of this same 'Exile" recording, and it is above The Exile release (of course) and above your tape in sound quality.

To finish, I want to say a last thing : I circulated a few things in the past on Dime, they ended on bootlegs. I am not pro or against bootlegs. But I know what I am talking about.

Posted by: mlejay ()
Date: November 4, 2012 22:22

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-05 01:00 by mlejay.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: November 4, 2012 23:39

silkcut1978_
First of all - Vilhelm came up with an upgrade so he did his best and I'd rather say thank you Sir. Otherwise I wouldn't have noticed that my tape sounds better. And if he got "cheated" by somebody else it's not his fault.

Anyway, here's the sample: [www.wetransfer.com]

1 wave-file - Gimme Shelter

30 seconds of "You Can't Say We're Satisfied"
30 seconds of Vilhelms source
30 seconds of my 12 year old transfer with cheaper equipment than I have now

Your opinion, Ladies and Gentlemen

What a gentleman you are Silk. Both yours and Vilhelms source are clearly an upgrade to "You Can't Say We're Satisfied'. Looking forward to a new transfer of your tape.

Many thanks to Vilhelm for his upload of the show and setting the unearthing of a better source for this show in motion.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: November 5, 2012 00:16

Noticed a few things comparing the sources. Vilhelms source is practically mono and is from another taper than the You Can't Say We're Satisfied source. The sample of Silkcuts source is identical to a source posted previously on Hungercity which is said to be a better copy of the same tapesource used for 'You Can't Say We're Satisfied'. Silkcut's tape could possibly be a lower gen copy.

The hungercity upload can be found here: [www.hungercity.org]

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: November 5, 2012 03:14

Sorry to join the discussion late. This is all great, except for the ill feelings. Thanks Britney for reminding about the other source on hc, and comparing them.

Mickijaggeroo, thank you my friend, for taking the time to share this recording. If your other recording is really from the other show, I would really be interested to know it exists and the set list. And of course listen to it, if you ever have the desire to share it with so many dedicated fans.

I for one, am just happy to be in touch with so many fans that like listening to the best music, sometimes in the worst quality, and sharing it. It's not "my" music, and I can't take it with me. I'll share everything I got, but I just don't have the time.

Cheers, and peace.

Posted by: maremma ()
Date: November 5, 2012 11:03

I'm a bit mixed up.
What difference with http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?2,1704876

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1578
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home