Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New IMP release: Palm Beach 1969. Less speed issues ?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 1, 2012 14:43

Hopefully, and probably; finally a more proper West Palm Beach festival 1969 bootleg, with less speed issues.... if true, it will be one of the best 1969 bootlegs
Anybody purchasing this ?

THE ROLLING STONES & OTHER ACTS/ PALM BEACH 1969 OFF REELS (2CD)
IDOL MIND PRODUCTION/IMP-N-018

JAPANESE REVIEW, GOOGLE-TRANSLATED.....take it or leave it:

Inspired by became the Big Event historic "Woodstock Music And Art Festival", Despite the harassment relentless from the local police, was held in Florida on the day of 28-30 November 1969 "Palm Beach International Music direct sound from the recorded Ambient REEL MASTER ranging patterns of the last day of And Art Festival ", also a total of about 6 hours, finally here!
After watching the final performance Stones MSG on November 28, 1969, taper toward Florida I arrived at the local 30 November. Continue recording encamped near the ground is muddy outdoor stage at the venue in the rain, temperatures will continue to decline steadily, playing Country Joe, The Byrds, Jefferson Airplane, Sly & The Family Stone, Janis Joplin, The Rolling Stones, etc. REEL recorded in the.

also joined Vanilla Fudge, the jam "Foolish Woman Blues" improvisation with Johnny Winter and Janis that after midnight the date was changed to December 1, was carried out sporadic while waiting for the Stones that do not appear at all, even in 25 minutes also engaged in a session of the madness that span, the arrival of the Stones-delayed, appeared in stage plays from entering the venue by helicopter in the middle of the night finally 4:30 early morning of December 1.
Against an audience of thousands of stones that had been guaranteed guarantee of $ 100,000 just appeared in Fes this, was waiting for their enduring the cold until the very end, evil that bandstand frigid legendary live while struggling to tune in for the environment we do not fit, and then expand the rock 'n' roll full of eyes, and gave the bird festival strives somehow!

It is about the content of the work this release, with respect to part of the Stones of DISC-2 is composed sound and muscular and clear utilizing sound as thick master reel first, recorded me without editing any part MC at the beginning . I'm recording with Te clearly located near the top among the audience of the tour sound recording in 1969. Also, I have to correct pitch as much as possible have ended up recording a decrease of the battery went going up faster and there is also a cold, it will slow down the reel rotation of the second part. Interesting also MC Mick like Terekakushi calling on the audience after the "Honky Tonk Women" has decided to drag "Ha ~ Lee, Junkies," and to the final performance 1969 tour, it was also a prelude Orutamonto after several days Enjoy The direct transfer from the master reel recorded without an exhaustive pattern Fes gig valuable, approached the band and vocal sound with a core, the best sound quality at the past!

The DISC-1 is recorded digest the good performance of the various artists who appeared on the last day of the same festival again! It is full chorus songs recorded digest said, have been edited only short jam Janis & Johnny Winter and improvisation part of "Eight Miles High" of The Byrds. It seems to have floating around in secret only part of previous Janis Joplin, and other super valuable sound spill first! Various artists ranging from the sound source of this for about 5 hours, and then the only choice and representative song famous song, this time compiled on a single CD! You can enjoy the sound boned unique master reel as well.

It's not just "Altamont" and "Woodstock" festival that took place in the 1969 Peace in Love! The ultimate historical vividly convey the pattern of Fes "Palm Beach International Music And Art Festival" of doom while still hot approbation artists appeared, was hit by bad weather interference power to love! Cheers to taper to endure the cold and bad weather, I turned the reel to six hours of dawn Stones! Seal of the master reel is finally solved after 43 years in, it is a 2-Disc CD release from IMP!

[beastone.cart.fc2.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 14:47 by Erik_Snow.

Re: New IMP release: Palm Beach 1969. Less speed issues ?
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 1, 2012 15:49

If there are less speed issues than there are well let's say translation issues with Google it's something to look forward to!

-
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: November 1, 2012 16:09

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-08 22:50 by midnrambler.

Date: November 1, 2012 16:19

midnrambler
Strange number. IMP-N-018 is already "Beggars Banquet Alternative" I thought: [www.stonesvikingrob.com]

Yes you're right, that's strange

Date: November 1, 2012 16:23

Erik_Snow
midnrambler
Strange number. IMP-N-018 is already "Beggars Banquet Alternative" I thought: [www.stonesvikingrob.com]

Yes you're right, that's strange

Maybe Beggars Banquet Alternative is a "fake IMP" ? Haven't seen any IMP press reports about that one, so.... ?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:57

Less speed issues? I would be surprised if that's really the case. The story about that recording was always that the speed issues were caused by the lessening powers of the batteries while the actual recording on location took place, not at a later dubbing stage. If indeed the speed issues are on the original master tape, there is not much that can be done. If anything at all, probably only with hundreds of hours of work, but...

Anyway, I love to get surprised, especially in this case, because the recording itself is pretty good.

But weren't there also issues with de-tuned guitars and stuff? No way to fix that!

Date: November 1, 2012 18:22

Yes, Alimente, you're right, I have my doubts as well. The original tape had speed issues due to low batteries; no doubt about that. Speed correction has to be done with computer software. Anyway, I'm not so concerned about that....IMP might have done great work with software for all I know. But IF this release is indeed from master source, it could be even greater than the bootlegs we are familiar with....speed issues aside
LA 1969, Norfolk 1972, and LA 1972 has recently been released on DAC from lower generation than previously available, so.... it could be interesting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 19:26 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: November 2, 2012 02:46

The only way to really fix the speed issues is to have the original master tape, a copy won't do.

The master has the original AC bias signal embedded on the tape, using a tape machine with a brushless DC motor you can access this AC signal & with the appropriate software, you'll have to write it yourself as there's nothing commercial available, you can correct the speed so it's faultless.

There are companys that will do this for you but I suspect it will be big dollars

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: November 2, 2012 02:55

This reports claims it is Soundboard tapes? If so it would be the first complete SB from the 69 U.S. tour. Ordered mine from Beastone tonight.

[www.collectorsmusicreviews.com]

Recently announced is a hot new release from the Japanese label Idol Mind claiming audio from 5 new master reels from the soundboard at the Palm Beach pop festival November 30th / December 1st 1969.

The press surrounding this release claims that this is the best version ever and is without the sound problems that have blighted this concerts earlier releases. If it’s as good as suggested, then this is a must have disk.

Track list;

DISC-1:
THE BYRDS
01. You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere
02. Jesus Is Just Alright
03. Positively 4th Street
04. My Back Pages
05. Turn Turn Turn
06. Mr. Tambourine Man
07. Eight Miles High (Edited)

COUNTRY JOE & THE FISH
08. Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE
09. Somebody To Love
10. Greasy Heart
11. White Rabbit

SLY & THE FAMILY STONE
12. M’Lady

JANIS JOPLIN
13. Kozmic Blues
14. Maybe
15. Summertime
16. Try
17. Piece Of My Heart

JANIS JOPLIN, JOHNNY WINTER & VANILLA FUDGE
18. Foolish Woman Blues (Edited)

Nov.30 to Dec.1, 1969
International Raceway,
West Palm Beach, Florida

DISC-2:
THE ROLLING STONES
01. Introduction
02. Jumping Jack Flash
03. Carol
04. Sympathy For The Devil
05. Stray Cat Blues
06. Love In Vain
07. Under My Thumb
08. Midnight Rambler
09. Gimme Shelter
10. Live With Me
11. Little Queenie
12. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
13. Honky Tonk Women
14. MC “Hello Junkies”
15. Street Fighting Man

Date: November 2, 2012 10:39

@Vox12string, thanks for the detailed info about how to correct speed issues on master tapes.

@oldschool....it would be fantastic if it was a SBD recording...! But unfortunately it isn't.
I see that Stuart just posted this comment on collectorsmusicreviews:
"Apologies, I’ve had to edit my post .. I’ve seen enough info to deem that this release is actually mastered from the original audience but somehow “remastered”. It is be true that the label has tried to fix the problems of the tapes but the soundboard was part of an over excited imagination"

Sounded to good to be true.....
But it could still be a great upgrade, of course

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-02 11:38 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: November 2, 2012 14:01

Really looking forward to this set! One of my all time favourite shows by the Stones.

Date: November 2, 2012 20:20

Erik_Snow
@Vox12string, thanks for the detailed info about how to correct speed issues on master tapes.

@oldschool....it would be fantastic if it was a SBD recording...! But unfortunately it isn't.
I see that Stuart just posted this comment on collectorsmusicreviews:
"Apologies, I’ve had to edit my post .. I’ve seen enough info to deem that this release is actually mastered from the original audience but somehow “remastered”. It is be true that the label has tried to fix the problems of the tapes but the soundboard was part of an over excited imagination"

Sounded to good to be true.....
But it could still be a great upgrade, of course

Yes I thought this was too good to be true so I questioned him on the SB part after I posted his announcement here and he verified it unfortunately not a SB recording.sad smiley

Stuart's source still claims it does not have the speed problems the common source has, different tape source or has speed correction Vox mentioned?, so that alone would be a major upgrade and it will be cool to hear some of the other acts this set has so I am happy I orderd it.

My vendor said this will hit the street the week of 11/7 so looking forward to seeing if it really is an upgrade as it is a decent sounding tape for 1969

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-02 20:24 by oldschool.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: November 2, 2012 22:29

Looking forward to an honest opinion of the sound. I agree that the sound is theoretically fixable.

Has anyone ever read or seen any evidence this show was filmed? I thought I saw a clip once years ago in a theater, before they showed Hendrix at the Isle of Wight. Not sure and can't recall any details.

Posted by: keithpinkmoon ()
Date: November 3, 2012 02:24

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: November 15, 2012 19:58

Do we have any news on this new boot?
Anybody has it and is willing to share? (Hopefully)

Posted by: Nasty Habits ()
Date: December 7, 2012 12:40

oldschool

Yes I thought this was too good to be true so I questioned him on the SB part after I posted his announcement here and he verified it unfortunately not a SB recording.sad smiley

Stuart's source still claims it does not have the speed problems the common source has, different tape source or has speed correction Vox mentioned?, so that alone would be a major upgrade and it will be cool to hear some of the other acts this set has so I am happy I orderd it.

My vendor said this will hit the street the week of 11/7 so looking forward to seeing if it really is an upgrade as it is a decent sounding tape for 1969

oldschool any update on the sound and speed correction on this one?

"I've got nasty habits I take tea at three"

Date: December 7, 2012 13:22

Nasty Habits
oldschool

oldschool any update on the sound and speed correction on this one?

it is closer to the masters and is clearer and crisper but sadly has the same speed issues as the other releases

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: December 7, 2012 18:31

Slightly OT, but looks like Tarantura is really starting to crank out the Stones titles: Live in Hot 'Lanta is Atlanta '75 and Exiles in Rubber City is the oft-booted Akron '72 show.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 7, 2012 19:06

I can understand that : zero investment in tapes (torrent siets and IORR are free providers) and a big benefit when the items hit the streets.
Though I must admit their recent Basel 76 title sounds okay (not cranked-up overloaded to hell).

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: December 7, 2012 20:24

Yeah, I just think it's interesting that Atlanta '75 is finally receiving a silver release. Still surprised no one has jumped on either of the sources for Bern 9/26/73 that surfaced last year.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 11, 2012 21:25

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 12, 2012 04:10

andrewm
Still surprised no one has jumped on either of the sources for Bern 9/26/73 that surfaced last year.

This is the first I have heard of it. Please explain.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: December 12, 2012 04:12

Rank Stranger
Anybody has it and is willing to share? (Hopefully)

+1.

Sadly, the days of someone like UrbanSteel posting treasures like this may have passed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1712
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home