Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Hyde Park Concert 5th July 1969, Speed corrected & ®emastered
Posted by: dph ()
Date: June 6, 2012 02:31

The speed on the watchit torrent exactly matches the speed of the official Japanese DVD, including the 3 bonus tracks. Is it wrong?

Posted by: MTWEMISSYOU ()
Date: June 7, 2012 20:01

dph
The speed on the watchit torrent exactly matches the speed of the official Japanese DVD, including the 3 bonus tracks. Is it wrong?

I agree with you Dave as I was about to bring this up as well. It is possible that they didn't tune to their regular tuning of 4/40 or the key of E for this show which is why all the video footage from Granada is possibly correct and not altered and it justifies that they were tuned in a lower key. As we all know they did have tuning difficulties at this show.

As for the upload by Teagueraw it is really great to listen to and I have really enjoyed your work. Thanks so much for all your effort. You adjusted the speed of this show as to what the Stones have always tuned to. Again great work!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 7, 2012 23:16

They might have been tuned slightly flat or slightly higher than concert pitch, but if the pitch is off by more than a slight amount it is probably due to tape speed.

Posted by: Lovecats ()
Date: January 2, 2013 20:13

Is it possible to reupload this one ?

Thanks

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: January 4, 2013 00:42

Yes I would like to hear the remaster as well. I have always searched for every version of this that I could find. It's one of my favorite shows. Mick Taylor really took the band to another place with his playing.

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: January 4, 2013 23:03

Yes,please!

Posted by: dph ()
Date: January 5, 2013 06:33

Only one seeder at the moment but you may want to try [www.hungercity.org]

Here is yet another version of the Stones' first concert with Mick Taylor, recorded in London's Hyde Park on July 5, 1969, bootlegged many times over. This is an upgrade, using sources which are not widely available, and is the most complete version available. In order of appearance, it uses 1) audience recording from "Hyde Park July 1969" LP on Contraband Music label, 2) soundboard recording from 1979 FM broadcast by WLIR-FM, Long Island, NY, 3) Granada TV special, and 4) audience recording from "In the Park" on Scorpio/Gold Standard. Not used: previous releases by Swingin' Pig, VGP, or SODD, which are all inferior to source 2) which is used wherever possible.

CD1 uses source 1) as a starting point as it's almost complete. It is the worst recording by far but Mick's voice is very clear so it's fine for dialogue. The music and dialogue are replaced wherever possible by the other 3 sources. Source 1) ends with CD1 so CD2 is pieced together from the best of the others. Source 3) is used as the pitch/speed reference and the other sources are pitch corrected to match it. This runs slower than previous versions. I believe it is correct.

Many Stones fans don't like this concert because the performance is not the best and they are out of tune at times. I find it very interesting. They play some unique songs and there are flashes of brilliance, signs of what's to come on future tours. Plus, it's funny to hear Mick nervously introducing each song and even apologizing for the performance! Quite a change from his attitude in say "Gimme Shelter."

Some possibly interesting notes: The first track is correctly titled here. It is incorrectly titled in the video. Originally written and performed by Johnny Winter, this was the only time it was played by the Stones. I seem to recall it was a favorite of Brian's. Mick totally mangles the words. The video chops out the second verse; I have restored it from source 4). Mick's reference before "Loving Cup" about the next album coming out in 10 years is a joke about the delay for "Beggar's Banquet" due to the toilet cover, which now is the standard issue. Decca wouldn't release it then and forced the change to the "invitation" cover. Satisfaction was severely edited by Granada TV. The video actually starts with the second verse. The interviews at the end are from source 2). I believe the woman is Jo Bergman, Stones assistant(?), and an unknown Granada TV producer.

Presented in FLAC 1.1.4 and 1.2.0. Includes original artwork with rare photos from the concert not lifted from Swingin' Pig or the video.

CD1:
01. introduction by Sam Cutler
02. Adonais
03. I'm Yours And I'm Hers*
04. Jumping Jack Flash
05. Mercy Mercy
06. Stray Cat Blues
07. No Expectations
08. I'm Free
09. Down Home Girl
10. Love In Vain
11. Loving Cup
12. Honky Tonk Women

CD2:
01. Midnight Rambler introduction
02. Midnight Rambler*
03. Satisfaction*
04. Street Fighting Man
05. Sympathy For The Devil
06. interview 1
07. interview 2
08. interview 3
09. interview 4
10. interview 5
11. interview 6

*multiple sources

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: January 6, 2013 23:05

Stones were dreadful that day. Ian Stewart said it was the worsr Stones performance that he ever heard.

SOUL

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: January 7, 2013 02:28

detroitken
this link dont work,i waited the 300 seconds & still could NOT dl...a waste of time...

It builds character. Walk it off.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 8, 2013 21:03

I am uploading again

Posted by: stonesvault ()
Date: January 9, 2013 15:21

reuploaded

1969.07.05 Hyde Park Concert, Speed corrected and Remastered Teagueraw.part1.rar [www.filefactory.com]
1969.07.05 Hyde Park Concert, Speed corrected and Remastered Teagueraw.part2.rar [www.filefactory.com]

Date: January 9, 2013 21:49

Thank you very much !

Date: January 10, 2013 22:05

LOVE IN VAIN is missing.

he's here :[www.mediafire.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-10 22:12 by Lovecats.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: January 11, 2013 12:08

Lovecats
LOVE IN VAIN is missing.

he's here :[www.mediafire.com]

Thanks for the missing track.
I had long forgotten about it.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: July 23, 2013 22:31

Thanks very much for the hard work - will try and download it

Been listening to the VGP 'Stones in the Park' which is the only copy I have of it, would that have been seen as the previous best version?

Posted by: daisybenito ()
Date: July 24, 2013 10:56

Why in some songs you used the flanger?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 24, 2013 11:21

the drums sound strange

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home