Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Missing 1972 shows
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 16, 2012 16:39

Last night I compared the 1972 tour shows I have and the 1972 tour dates and gigs given by Nico Zentgraf's website. And I've just used blakeeik's list of circulating shows which is extremely useful.

Conclusion: I do miss the following shows:

- New York City July 25, first show

Do you guys know if any of these shows do exist as a bootleg and if so, would you be so kind to post it? Any answer is very welcome!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-16 21:25 by kleermaker.

Re: Missing 1972 shows
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: April 16, 2012 16:58

kleemaker, compare yours to this list and let me know if you need something on it, or have somehting not on it.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: April 16, 2012 17:05

i think i have couple versions of New York july 25th first show.
San Francisco 6.6.72 is not complete.

Date: April 16, 2012 19:01

blakeeik
kleemaker, compare yours to this list and let me know if you need something on it, or have somehting not on it.

What a great list, blakeeik. Very useful! I've corrected my list of missing shows.

I'm sure I have some songs from Houston 1st and second show, but they are all over the place.

So the list is now:

- New York City July 25, first show

If someone could post San Francisco June 8, first show, it would be wonderful. And maybe also all Houston songs together (9 in total). Then I'm going to ask marko to upload New York City July 25, first show!

Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-16 21:24 by kleermaker.

Date: April 16, 2012 19:05

marko
i think i have couple versions of New York july 25th first show.
San Francisco 6.6.72 is not complete.

Marko if you are able, please be so kind to post the best version of the
New York City July 25, first show. You would do me a big favour and I think also many others.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: April 16, 2012 19:10

Do you have the DVD "Ladies & Gentlemen"? Then you have the 9 songs (total) available from Houston.

Only 2 songs are available from June 8, 1st show and can be found on [VGP-338] Winterland Stars, that also has the June 6, 1st show.

July 25, 1st show can be found on [VGP-372] Cold English Blood Runs Hot.

Date: April 16, 2012 21:33

blakeeik
Do you have the DVD "Ladies & Gentlemen"? Then you have the 9 songs (total) available from Houston.

Only 2 songs are available from June 8, 1st show and can be found on [VGP-338] Winterland Stars, that also has the June 6, 1st show.

July 25, 1st show can be found on [VGP-372] Cold English Blood Runs Hot.

Thank you! Yep, I've just discovered I've everything available from Houston 1 and 2 (9 songs) and Frisco June 8, first show (only 2 songs).

So I only still miss NYC July 25 first show, because I have Morph 09 Cold English Blood Runs Hot (only NYC July 25 second show on it) and not VGP - 372 with the same title.

Can one of you tell me where I can upload this last one, to complete my 1972 collection? Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 16, 2012 21:37

kleermaker
I have Morph 09 Cold English Blood Runs Hot (only NYC July 25 second show on it) and not VGP - 372 with the same title.

In case you don't know, that Morph release is missing one track; All Down The Line. They took that song from the 1st show, without giving info about it on the artwork.

All Down the Line is available on DAC "The Great Lost Live Album" and VGP "Cold English Blood Runs Hot" though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-17 19:36 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 17, 2012 19:32

Aren't there two sources for this show? Or was it the late show??

Anyway, I have the boot "(Five English Gentlemen Spend A Day In A) New York Garden"
can send you a cd-r copy of disc one by snail mail or upload, if I find a server!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 17, 2012 19:48

the 2nd 25 two differnt sources i guess,,,

Date: April 17, 2012 23:05

Rank Stranger

Anyway, I have the boot "(Five English Gentlemen Spend A Day In A) New York Garden"
can send you a cd-r copy of disc one by snail mail or upload, if I find a server!

Would be great, Rank! Isn't there any server out there anymore, so others can profit as well?

Another show I'm looking for is from the 1970 tour, Milan Oct. 1, second show (14/14)

That's the only stuff I'm missing from the Mick Taylor-era.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 21:33 by kleermaker.

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: April 17, 2012 23:44

kleermaker

Would be great, Rank! Isn't there any server out there anymore, so others can profit as well?

Ever tried mediafire ?

Chris from Belgium

Date: April 18, 2012 22:49

kleermaker
Rank Stranger

Would be great, Rank (sending or uploading 1972 NYC MSG July 25 first show)!

Another show I'm looking for is from the 1970 tour, Milan Oct. 1, second show (14/14)

Those two are the only shows I'm missing from the Mick Taylor-era.

Hi Rank Stranger,

Maybe you can use this server?

[hotfile.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-18 22:54 by kleermaker.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: April 18, 2012 23:30

I'm looking for a hoster where I don't have to log in!
Maybe Sendspace?! If the file is not too big.
I won't have time to do this before the weekend, but I'm pretty sure we'll find a way.
Stay tuned but give me a little time, please!

Date: April 18, 2012 23:38

i can upload the msg june 25 1st

Date: April 18, 2012 23:39

Rank Stranger
I'm looking for a hoster where I don't have to log in!
Maybe Sendspace?! If the file is not too big.
I won't have time to do this before the weekend, but I'm pretty sure we'll find a way.
Stay tuned but give me a little time, please!

Of course I do! Many thanks for your efforts. I Am Waiting, patiently.

Btw: Am I correct that the 1970 Milan second show (Oct. 1) only has 6 songs available (JJFlash, ROBeethoven, SCBlues, PSon, DFlowers and MRambler)? If so, I already have them. Blakeeik's list says: 14 songs available, but I can't find the other 8 songs. Maybe my fault?

Take your time!

Date: April 18, 2012 23:43

vancouver
i can upload the msg june 25 1st

That would be great vancouver (you mean of course July!). And Rank Stranger will certainly agree!

Btw: did you read my question about the Milan second show from 1970 (see my reply to Rank Stranger)? Do you have any idea? If those missing 8 songs are available I would love to have them.

Date: April 19, 2012 00:19

[www.sendspace.com]

1972.07.25.New York MSG 1st pt 2.rar (flac)

[www.sendspace.com]

1972.07.25.New York MSG 1st.rar

Date: April 19, 2012 00:32

[www.sendspace.com]

Touring Party 2 soundboard trax D-07.rar

Date: April 19, 2012 01:38

Great! Many thanks vancouver! Much appreciated.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: April 19, 2012 09:22

kleermaker
Btw: Am I correct that the 1970 Milan second show (Oct. 1) only has 6 songs available (JJFlash, ROBeethoven, SCBlues, PSon, DFlowers and MRambler)? If so, I already have them. Blakeeik's list says: 14 songs available, but I can't find the other 8 songs. Maybe my fault?
Take your time!

The entire second show was offered for sale on this site a while ago by
someone in Europe.
Presumably someone on this site got a copy.
As far as I know, it's never been torrented or bootlegged, but the sound
may have been used for a video.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 20, 2012 07:51

smokeydusky
kleermaker
Take your time!

The entire second show was offered for sale on this site a while ago by
someone in Europe.
Presumably someone on this site got a copy.
As far as I know, it's never been torrented or bootlegged, but the sound
may have been used for a video.

That's right, several of the tracks from the 2nd show where put onto the vid of that show (not synced) & released, & then the whole show was offered for sale. An active member here advertised for help in buying this previuosly unknown show & about half a dozen folks put up their hands. The original complete show is on cassette & suffers from numerous drop out problems which were fixed with the help of the OTHER incomplete recording which was purchased at the same time. This incomplete version finishes at BS & is not as good a quality as the complete. Nevertheless, it was good enough to splice in, for instance, the end of MR - you'll notice that the end of MR is cut off on the video (& on DAC Vintage Champaign), that's the end of the cassette running out, thankfully the inferior tape had just enough to catch the end before running out.

The original buyer has asked that the recording not be publicly released & that's the way it stands at the moment. You can email me for more details

Date: May 29, 2012 03:41

The matinee on July 25 was actually a better performance than that day's evening show, wh., in my studied opinion is sloppy in the extreme.

Also why the heck didn't they perform "Honky Tonk Women" as the encore for the arvo set still beggars belief. It would have cleared the house & given the matinee audience summing to crow about to those who attended the other three shows.

Unless you were living in New York that summer you will never know the tectonic impact the Stones visit had. I remember their 1969 shows & the press coverage was nothing when compared w/that of 1972.

Still, and always remember this about 1972 - it was still less than 2 years since the Beatles broke up & The Rolling Stones were still Number Two.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: richardsberry ()
Date: May 29, 2012 18:22

All i can say is that the evening show was a killer that day !

Date: May 29, 2012 19:02

richardsberry

Were you there at that show?

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: May 29, 2012 19:11

richardsberry

Anyway, the sound quality of the bootleg of the evening show is better than that of the afternoon show.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1633
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home