Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: POST: Keith Richards NYC Rehearsals "Little Red Rooster" with James Cotton and band
Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: March 5, 2012 19:25

Ah yeah. Mr D just told me that it is from official Bigger Bang DVD`s ( i actually have those, but watched only few times). So everything is clear now. It is an overdub. No one is hiding in the shadows of backstage and playing guitar instead of Keith, live.
I am real glad we have cleared that one.
I will say it again, i was inside of that stage and in the backstage in 2007, i am a musician, i would have noticed if some musicians were "hidden" there and were playing something.

Re: POST: Keith Richards NYC Rehearsals "Little Red Rooster" with James Cotton and band
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 6, 2012 00:18

one day left and this thread got much bigger.
well,I´m sure there are lots of overdubs on the official austin DVD.
they did it all the decades and I´m sure the guitar parts are done by themselves.

the rumour about someone else playing keith's part started after knowing that blondie plays parts of the music backstage. but of course thats something else
than playing keith's part while he is just miming on stage.

don`t think that has happened yet but you will never know what comes next.

Posted by: MisterDee ()
Date: March 6, 2012 09:54

It certainly isn't played live behind the stage, Gile says that he was behind the stage before the BG show, and i was there with him, too. No big deal, just the ordinary back-stage as on every other rock concert.

The Austin gig isn't bootleg recording, it is released on DVD, so the overdubs are common thing. I think that on 1:25 of "UMT" Keith doesn't play at all, it's Ronnie doing the main 'marimba' theme with second guitar that plays the same thing (Blondie maybe, or Pierre overdub), Keith doing movements like playing, but not hitting the strings. But on the start of the solo (1:58) it's his guitar, less audible, he's beginning the solo (can be seen on video), and than Ronnie continues in the second part. That's obvious Keith's and Ronnie's playing with the third guitar doing theme, why not Blondie's? And i checked out ev'ry Charlie's kick, it's in sync, and Darryl's playing, too, so i'm sure it's the Austin take, not some other show.

And, as Gile says, rock'n'roll is easy to play when you feel it, it's the feeling, not calculating. There are thousands of guitarists copying the Stones sound and all of them doing it badly 'cause they are too good and not
feel the point. I'm sure that both Keith and Ronnie could carry the weight of another tour with Charlie, Darryl and Chuck behind them plus some fine guitar touch just as a helping hand, and not letting "some other body" play instead of them
(with them - yes, but not instead of them).

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 6, 2012 10:54

Come on guys, I'm not saying Rolling Stones are touring with playback; that would be of course be found out be everybody real soon. They get help from Blondie, that's all. It's also quite evident from the 2006/2007 bootlegs and by "Shine A Light" that it IS Keith playing...Pierre would never sound THAT horrible >grinning smiley<

What I'm saying is; that the "Keith guitar" in this Under My Thumb clip has been overdubbed by Pierre (or that other guitar techinician), and not by Keith. Because it douesn't SOUND like Keith at all. The booklet of the ABB box also STATES that the guitar overdubs were done by Pierre (and that other guy).

@Mister Dee, nice to see you here!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-06 10:59 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: March 6, 2012 10:58

Pierre reminds me of the story that he did lots of guitar works on Bridges to babylon....

Posted by: MisterDee ()
Date: March 6, 2012 11:18

Yeah, we all agree that the overdubs were done, and that nobody's playing live behind the amps (what was bothering me in the first place). What is more important,
new Acid project is on it's way, and new Falo matrix too. Must get some sleep and concentrate on the artwork for new releases. After all, we love the Stones, aren't we?

Cheers,
Dejan

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 6, 2012 15:05

I would appreciate it if y'all started referring to me as "that other guy". It's got a nice ring to it, and I'm certain I could pull off that job.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 6, 2012 17:50

Erik_Snow
Even the booklet of the ABB box "additional overdubs by Pierre and....what's that other guy's name

yeah Under My Thumb has very plainly been edited, Erik honey, but what the ABB credits say is:
"additional recordings by Pierre de Beauport and Dave Rouze", which could mean a lot of things.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2045
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home