Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones int the park - Blu Ray
Posted by: stalemate97 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 21:59

Hi
Do you have some informations about this new release ?
I already have DVD from previous release.
Thanks for your comments

Re: Stones int the park - Blu Ray
Posted by: elmod ()
Date: November 21, 2011 22:53

It`s a MPEG-4 AVC, 4:3 (1080p High Definition) - in my opinion, the picture is not way better than DVD-quality, Sound PCM Mono
Bonus-Tracks are "Mercy Mercy", "Stray Cat Blues" and "No Expectations".

Posted by: stalemate97 ()
Date: November 21, 2011 23:12

Thanks for your comments

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: November 22, 2011 01:25

elmod
It`s a MPEG-4 AVC, 4:3 (1080p High Definition) - in my opinion, the picture is not way better than DVD-quality, Sound PCM Mono
Bonus-Tracks are "Mercy Mercy", "Stray Cat Blues" and "No Expectations".

Question: I have never bought a blueray, as I dont believe it will last for many years. I think in 2 or 3 years its all about streaming, both film and music.
I dont know much about the tecnical thing about blueray, but I allways wondering how an old film (shot before HD) can be tranfered to blueray - I mean, is it not something like taking an mp128 and "upgrade" it to flac?
I guess that a REAL blueray must be shot in HD - right or wrong???

cheers Bo confused smiley

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: November 22, 2011 09:51

right AND wrong, Bo.

The best result you'll have with movie shot in HD, no doubt.

But remember what they've done to Gimme Shelter - the picture was reworked and the result was/is fantastic. If I'm going to play this on my DVD-set it gets even better as the player is upscaling the signal to simulate a full HD image.

very simple I know but just to give you an example:

if this is VHS: . . . .

this is "DVD": . . . . . . .

this is BluRay/HD: ...................

A movie like Hyde Park will NEVER have the quality of Shine A Light but the picture on full HD equipment is nevertheless better then you've seen it before because you've get so many pixels that you're eyes won't be able to view a single one of em. You'll get something I'd call a "complete" picture and you'll be able to play it on a big TV and in the end it doesn't matter anymore how near or far you sit in front of your TV. I remember back in the 70s with the old CRT displays we had a formular something like "the distance between TV and yourself should be 5 times the diagonal of the TV-set". Nowadays it doesn't matter anymore. My TV has a diagonal of around 60 inches and I usually sit around 2 1/2 feet in front of it. But as soon as I play an old VHS-tape (which rarely ever happens) I know why this old formular once was important. You can't view this s**t from near.

As for the enormous amount of data I'm not that sure that full HD will be streamed widely available soon. But at least here in Austria I get the impression that the DVD format is dying or almost dead and BluRay is the presence and (near) future. The players are cheap and so are - meanwhile - the BluRays.

Date: November 22, 2011 22:59

Thanx for the info silkcut. Very fine expl. EVEN I understand know!!

Cheers Bo thumbs up

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 22, 2011 23:23

Let me start out by saying that the Rolling Stones are my favorite band of all time. But in my opinion, they were Awful at Hyde Park. They were out of tune & out of sync with one another. Ian Stewart said that Hyde Park was the worst Rolling Stones performance of all time. ASide from Dirty Work, Hyde Park is the worst Stones I ever heard. But that's just my opinion.

SOULSURVIVOR

Date: November 22, 2011 23:57

soulsurvivor1
Let me start out by saying that the Rolling Stones are my favorite band of all time. But in my opinion, they were Awful at Hyde Park. They were out of tune & out of sync with one another. Ian Stewart said that Hyde Park was the worst Rolling Stones performance of all time. ASide from Dirty Work, Hyde Park is the worst Stones I ever heard. But that's just my opinion.

SOULSURVIVOR

you,re so right, but I find it very charming; allmost like a rockband performing on stage for the very first time! winking smiley

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: November 23, 2011 01:21

soulsurvivor1

SOULSURVIVOR

one of the best shows

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1505
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home