Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Burn 24/96 files to DVD?
Posted by: tjkrol ()
Date: November 2, 2011 17:26

Can I burn 24/96 files to DVD which will play in a DVD player? I have Nero 10 & ImgBurn. Thanks in advance.

Re: Burn 24/96 files to DVD?
Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: November 2, 2011 18:31

First of all what type of files are we talking about?

If it's video files that you want to play on a dvd player then they must be VOB files and must include BUP and IFO files too.

Date: November 2, 2011 19:18

The files are 24/96 wav.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:33

Yes you can burn them as they are. The only bad thing is you can play it on a DVD drive, and your audio card or stereo must support 24 bit. The problem is this technology is still young. Plus there aren't many titles available in 24 bit. Maybe this is the future?

Date: November 2, 2011 19:51

Roger Daltrey's current tour is available to purchase in Flac HD (24/96). Would be a waste of the extra bucks if it can't be burned to listen to in the car or my old home stereo system.

Date: November 2, 2011 20:07

Forgot to mention that you can burn 24 bit wav files onto a playable CD, but it will be downsampled to 16 bit. Or you could burn them as 24 bit files, but once again you can only play these disc that support 24 bit technology.

Date: November 2, 2011 20:08

By the way that's cool of Roger to offer that. I will definately check it out.

Date: November 2, 2011 20:23

Thanks for the info.

Daltrey:
[www.livedownloads.com]

Date: November 4, 2011 14:16

Darn I bought Daltreys 24 bit download last night. It's not 24/96, it's 24/44. There's no mention of that when you buy it. So be careful out there.

Date: November 4, 2011 19:39

Thanks for the info, frankotero.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 4, 2011 23:44

Can anyone please tell me which free program can I use to downsample from 24 bit files to 16 bit. And if I can downsample the flac files or should I convert them to wav files first.
Thanks in advance1

Date: November 5, 2011 04:14

I think Audacity will do it.

[audacity.sourceforge.net]

Date: November 5, 2011 14:38

tjkrol
I think Audacity will do it.

[audacity.sourceforge.net]
Thanks for replying!

Date: November 5, 2011 20:38

Pretty sure Nero will automatically convert them to 16 bit wav files when making an audio CD.

Date: November 6, 2011 03:29

To convert audio files,you can also use " Switch " or maybe even the free " Any Audio Converter ". They work with a Windows operating system and maybe MAC systems as well. I'm not sure about MAC but,I am definitely sure about Windows - at least some versions - probably the modern versions.

Date: November 6, 2011 03:42

I am also fairly certain that you can't burn 24 bit audio files to an audio CD or CD-R. The Compact Disc specification specifies 16 bits @ 44.1 kHz sampling rate : [en.wikipedia.org] . Perhaps you can burn them to a CD-R as a data CD. I tried this years ago & the audio CD-R burning software would not even recognize the 24 bit WAV files. If Nero converts them to 16 bits for audio CD burning,that would be convenient .... only having to use one software program. I will personally stick with free software even if it means using two separate programs for each of the purposes.

Date: November 6, 2011 04:40

The best option with high resolution audio files is,of course,not to down-convert them at all. In that case,you would need some modern audio equipment designed for playing the high resolution audio files.

Some options would be to copy the 24 bit WAV files to a recordable DVD or to a Hard Drive with an eSATA connection or to a recordable Blu-ray Disc. Also 2 other options,perhaps more convenient for some,would be to copy the high resolution audio files to an SD card or to a USB stick.

For your car / automobile,you would need a source unit with a front USB input port such as this : [www.clarion.com] . Also,that source unit would have to be capable of handling the 24 bit files > decoding them without down-converting them. Check the documentation / manual of the car audio source unit. I'm not sure if the above linked unit can handle the high resolution files because,I didn't read through all of its documentation but,I know that there are @ least some car audio source units with a front USB input port on the market that can handle 24 bit files natively without down-converting them. A front SD card input slot could work the same way.

For your home audio or home theater system,you would need a pre-amplifier / processor or more simply an audio - video receiver ( AV amplifier ) with either a rear eSATA connection and \ or a front or rear USB input port. Here are a couple of examples : [usa.denon.com]) (U.S. version) / [www.denon.co.uk] (U.K. version) / [www.anthemav.com] . Most of these units today can process 24 bit WAV files because of their digital to analog converter chips. Some high-end units can even do 32 bit audio although the difference between 24 bit & 32 bit probably can't be detected by humans. ( People can hear the difference up to about 22 bit audio under the right conditions if I recall correctly which would make 24 bit audio ideal compared to 16 bit CD's. )

Another good idea,if you have the means,would be to pick-up a universal audio _ video \ disc player with both a USB input port for the USB flash drives and an eSATA port for external hard drives such as this : [www.cambridgeaudio.com] . If you are going to go the DVD route,you may well need to have a DVD-Audio capable player which the above is an example of. Look for the DVD Video / Audio logo as opposed to just the DVD video logo. For Blu-ray,the player would have to be able to handle BD-RE and / or BR-R discs which,again,the universal disc player linked above can do. USB sticks and especially external hard drives these days hold such a huge amount of data,audio,and video that there is no need to deal with compressed,lossy audio and video files.

One more possible ( portable ) option : [www.crystalaudiovideo.com] | [www.crystalaudiovideo.com] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-07 08:21 by Winning Ugly VXII.

Date: November 7, 2011 00:09

The Denon links did not work for some reason but,to see what I am talking about,you can go to the Denon global web-site,select your country \ region > go to products and then choose "A/V Solutions" then > select "A/V Receivers" and look at the top four models.

The top 3 models have the front USB input port hidden behind the front flip-down cover. The Anthem receiver linked in the above post has a small sliding cover to prevent dust from getting into the front USB input port and other front connections. The Anthem's cover slides to the right and left. These receivers are just some examples of what I am talking about. There are even more options out there.

Date: November 7, 2011 20:17

Thanks Winning Ugly VXII for all your investigations and researches!
Much appreciated!
thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1384
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home