Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) WAV ADDED
Posted by: Fritz4You ()
Date: September 6, 2011 08:17

Hi Erik,
you've got mail

Cheers
Juergen

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) WAV ADDED
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 6, 2011 13:32

Thanks to Honestman and Erik_Snow, here's the artwork:

Munichhilton, maybe you'd like to put the link upfront in your first post;
I think it will be perceived there?!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-05 20:04 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: September 6, 2011 16:55

Rank Stranger
Munichhilton, maybe you'd like to put the link upfront in your first post;
I think it will be perceived there?!

Good idea
Its done!

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) WAV ADDED [Artwork Added]
Posted by: Fritz4You ()
Date: September 6, 2011 20:45

Many thanks for the artwork.

Cheers
Juergen

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 6, 2011 20:55

Fritz4You
Hi Erik,
you've got mail

Cheers
Juergen

Thanks for offering, Juergen, but as I explained per email; I'd allready asked Rank Stranger to put it up. Cheers

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) WAV ADDED [Artwork Added]
Posted by: MisterDee ()
Date: September 9, 2011 07:49

Hi my friends,

Here is the artwork for Exile Outtakes. I felt free to call it Vowel Movement
'cause it seems to me that this is some acetate tape made for vocals to be done.
If i'm wrong, or some of the text is incorrect, i'll gladly make the changes!

Mr.D

[www.megaupload.com]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: September 9, 2011 09:31

Thanks for the excellent artwork Mr.D!

Also thanks to HNM!

All much appreciated!

thumbs up

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: September 9, 2011 15:23

Bravo Mr.D ,another magnificent artwork for The Stones.You should do the official covers for The Stones.

Date: September 9, 2011 16:17

Wow!! Incredible art work Mister Dee.
You are obviously a pro helping us out for fun.

Vowel Movement? Gross....

Thanks very much

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 9, 2011 16:38

MisterDee
Hi my friends,

Here is the artwork for Exile Outtakes. I felt free to call it Vowel Movement
'cause it seems to me that this is some acetate tape made for vocals to be done.
If i'm wrong, or some of the text is incorrect, i'll gladly make the changes!

Mr.D

[www.megaupload.com]

Fantastic artwork - thank you

Posted by: dph ()
Date: September 13, 2011 05:42

Another thanks for the artwork, and to everyone else who contributed.

I agree that the backing track to I'm Not Signifying is the same here as on the official Exile bonus outtakes disc.

Posted by: MisterDee ()
Date: September 13, 2011 06:25

Well thanks my friends for wonderful comments on the artwork, it's been a pleasure to work on it.

I'm Not Signifying: just listen to the drums and bass guitar, they're not the same as the released version. Nicky's playing is very similar, but not the same. I think that both takes have been recorded the same day, hence the similarity.

And, by the way, i still think that Jagger's vocal on the released take is NOT recorded in 2009, but much much earlier ('72 LA or for Black and Blue, maybe for Tattoo You, i don't know), the colour of his voice is not the same as it is today.
The only new instrument is his harmonica that sounds like new Jagger.

That's what i'm thinking, and everyone's opinion is welcomed, the artwork is in layers, so we'll together do the changes.

Thanks again,

Mr.D

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: February 5, 2012 18:12

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-05 23:18 by straycat58.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: February 14, 2012 21:24

Hello
Could you repost the artwork Please?
Thanks from italy

Date: August 30, 2012 16:22

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) [Artwork Added] RAPIDSHARE LINKS
Posted by: madhouse ()
Date: August 31, 2012 13:42

Awesome - many thanx!!

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) [Artwork Added] RAPIDSHARE LINKS
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: September 3, 2012 18:30

Thank you for the post and efforts to clean it up. I'm looking forward to giving it a listen (or 10).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 6, 2014 13:50

I've uploaded the original project mentioned in the first post on Mega for "safekeeping" : [mega.nz]

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-21 10:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 9, 2014 21:39

Speaking of Brian singing..I've developed the theory that it is Brian singing lead on "Andrew's Blues". I first thought it was Mick but you can clearly hear Mick's voice on some of the background vocals. It made wonder if perhaps Brian had some influence on Mick's vocal stylings in the very early days. Just a theory tho...

Reference to this post:

And what about including "Travelling Man", the video uploader says it's Brian Jones singing and someone says it is a great imitation by Brian of Mick! Is it really Brian Jones' voice?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-09 21:41 by scottkeef.

Date: December 9, 2014 22:56

Wrong thread?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it)
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 9, 2014 23:48

Quique-stone
Munichhilton

If its worthwhile, I can re record these tracks from YouTube and pitch correct them and Eq them again, but this time leave them as WAV files since the true KBPS is unknown.

That would be just great Gregg!
And what about including "Travelling Man", the video uploader says it's Brian Jones singing and someone says it is a great imitation by Brian of Mick! Is it really Brian Jones' voice?

This rare Brian Jones vocal was recorded as part of a Nicky Hopkins And Brian Jones "Rock Opera" project called Edward, The Mad Shirt Grinder. Some of the material from this project was uses on the Jamming With Edward album. Ian Stewart plays the Fender-Rhodes part. This session was recorded a night or two before Brain's death. When I remastered Nicky's personal music collection in 1976-1977, Nicky believed this was the last time all the original members of the Rolling Stonws played together.

And vox12string, you collaboration is very much appreciated too!
We got a team working here!

no, it was just way early in it...

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it)
Date: December 10, 2014 00:55

Memories!

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: December 18, 2014 00:36

Can anyone repost this gem?

Cheers,

Soulsurvivor

Date: December 18, 2014 00:37

Link above "December 6, 2014 13:50" and in the "Essential Outtake CDs" : [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: December 20, 2014 19:22

Thanks for this reup.

Date: January 21, 2020 10:12

Still available on Mega but they must have changed the links so here it is again : [mega.nz]

--------------

Posted by: ahgriorr ()
Date: January 21, 2020 11:41

Thanks

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 21, 2020 14:40

For info, this tracks are in "Vowel Movment"(Munichhilton/Midnrambler) and DAC 123

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-01-21 14:43 by StonyRoad.

Date: January 21, 2020 17:14

Same source I suppose ? Any reason to get it over this version ?

--------------

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home