Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it)
Posted by: MisterDee ()
Date: August 26, 2011 03:55

Hi everybody

What a lovely material we got here. My opinion is that's from some acetate prepared for Mick & Keef to work on lyrics. Could be done in Sunset Sound LA, 'cause the mix is not just that rough, it's very simiral to the released material.

"I Ain't Signifying" is progress version of that old 'guitar' basement version,
but different to the one released last year on 'Exile' bonus [for which i can still put a bet that, together with Keith's pilot 'Soul Survivor', is the only song on 'Exile' bonus with the old Mick's vocal - 1972, 1973, or 1980/1 for Tattoo You, one can guess!].

"Instrumental 1972" is really 'cherry on top'.

The other four numbers are nicely mixed instrumental versions of released stuff
[with some minor overdubs].

And, of course, according to Nico, all of these 6 songs must have
come from Nellcote

When you, my friends, agree on the best version for this material,
i will gladly do the artwork [it will be the honour], before some nasty guys
try to make money out of it!
[Maybe I'm 'Out of Time', but i've never heard this material before, and, since
today is my birthday, i couldn't get a better present!!!]

Thanks again to Munichhilton and to my Stones friends,
shiver down my spine when i herd this!

Mr.D

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 26, 2011 04:43

OK

I am recording again this time all kept in WAV.
It can only help!

midnrambler I hope you are up for it too.

I will post it here in a bit after sleep.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: August 26, 2011 07:13

Happy birthday Mr.D, have a nice and rockin' day!
And thaks in advance for the artwork!
smileys with beer

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: August 26, 2011 09:28

Thanks a lot to everyone involved
CrazyMama

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: August 26, 2011 09:59

Thankyou for the Megaupload links, great stuffthumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-26 10:00 by still ill.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 26, 2011 11:23

Munichhilton
midnrambler
Maybe Erik can say if it's good to upload the mp3 based version on HC.
If its worthwhile, I can re record these tracks from YouTube and pitch correct them and Eq them again, but this time leave them as WAV files since the true KBPS is unknown.

Yes indeed, as long as they are saved as WAV/FLAC files, they would be welcome there. THanks for working on this, midnrambler and Munichhilton

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: August 26, 2011 12:18

or maybe we can just contact the guy who posted it and get from him high-quality material? that would make much more sense and less work for you guys

but anyway you've been very helpful and I'm really excited, I love that material x)

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: August 26, 2011 14:14

Munichhilton

midnrambler I hope you are up for it too.

Yes I am!

Date: August 26, 2011 17:20

Pitch corrected and Eq'd
It is uploading now 259MB

It will be just a little while

Date: August 26, 2011 19:04

Here it is:
[www.filesonic.com]

WAV Files

They all worked beautifully again, but Rocks Off seems to have more pops in it than last time. I recorded it off YouTube 3 times letting the buffer fill to 100% but still those pops. Does anybody else hear them all over the song?

I will keep trying to get a cleaner Rocks Off but midnrambler if you can fix this one do it. All the others are complete and perfect. Pitch corrected and slight EQ

Pops all over it:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-26 19:05 by Munichhilton.

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) WAV ADDED
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: August 26, 2011 20:15

I love lossleess, but saving a lossy file in lossless format does not make any difference. It all depends on the original source.

SOUL

Re: POST The Nicky Hopkins Exile Outtakes (or whatever you want to call it) WAV ADDED
Date: August 26, 2011 20:23

soulsurvivor1
I love lossleess, but saving a lossy file in lossless format does not make any difference. It all depends on the original source.

SOUL

Quite true.
But compressing an already lossy file does make a difference. You must know that?
If you 'convert' a 320k mp3 to 256k this file has now been compressed twice and is actually not 256k as it appears, but is now even less. Somewhere in the 190k-212k area.

In the case of MP3, a file should only be compressed once...and also in the case of MP3s it is irreversible.

Posted by: jimjamaica ()
Date: August 26, 2011 20:53

the instrumental sounds like a early version of wild horses and i mean, i can hear some no expectations guitars

reelinĀ“& rockinĀ“

Date: August 27, 2011 21:50

Munichhilton
Here it is:
[www.filesonic.com]

WAV Files

They all worked beautifully again, but Rocks Off seems to have more pops in it than last time. I recorded it off YouTube 3 times letting the buffer fill to 100% but still those pops. Does anybody else hear them all over the song?

I will keep trying to get a cleaner Rocks Off but midnrambler if you can fix this one do it. All the others are complete and perfect. Pitch corrected and slight EQ

I tried to remove these pops in Rocks Off, but it's impossible to get a version which is as clean as the first lossy upload is. So if it's not possible to get a cleaner version again I prefer to use the lossy version of this song. Otherwise I'm done with the other songs again and will upload them tomorrow when I'm back home with fast internet connection.

Date: August 27, 2011 22:45

midnrambler
Munichhilton
Here it is:
[www.filesonic.com]

WAV Files

I tried to remove these pops in Rocks Off, but it's impossible to get a version which is as clean as the first lossy upload is. So if it's not possible to get a cleaner version again I prefer to use the lossy version of this song. Otherwise I'm done with the other songs again and will upload them tomorrow when I'm back home with fast internet connection.

The first one was far better so I agree.
From 2 computers at 2 locations (work and home) the YouTube Rocks Off is covered with these pops now. I guess I'm lucky I grabbed the first one when we did! I will try a few more times but it seems to be from the source now. I don't know what changed...

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: August 28, 2011 05:57

again munich...thank you.

BTW: I am learning Elvis' Peace in the Valley on guitar this week.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: August 28, 2011 11:05

The clicks on Rocks Off are getting worse, when I d/l'ed it there were some clicks on it, now there are far more, definitely at the source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-28 11:06 by vox12string.

Date: August 28, 2011 15:46

vox12string
The clicks on Rocks Off are getting worse, when I d/l'ed it there were some clicks on it, now there are far more, definitely at the source.

Thanks for doing that.
I thought I was going mad!

Date: August 28, 2011 17:50

Reworked version of Munichhilton's wav upload now on Hungercity: [www.hungercity.org]

Megaupload: [www.megaupload.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-28 19:27 by midnrambler.

Date: August 28, 2011 19:58

MisterDee

When you, my friends, agree on the best version for this material,
i will gladly do the artwork [it will be the honour], before some nasty guys
try to make money out of it!
[Maybe I'm 'Out of Time', but i've never heard this material before, and, since
today is my birthday, i couldn't get a better present!!!]

Thanks Misterdee and I hope you had a nice Bday.
Now the artwork is up to you.
midnrambler has made what is probably the last necessary rework.

Posted by: gomp ()
Date: August 29, 2011 06:14

Thanks for all of this.

Posted by: madshadow ()
Date: August 29, 2011 14:57

Wow!Thanks to all. This is what collecting is all about. I still get the same high after 33 year! Just when you think there is nothing else to get hold of...

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 30, 2011 03:00

Those don't sound like any kind of vinyl/acetate clicks and pops to me, more like digital noise.

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: August 30, 2011 05:49

Awesome! Thanks, ExileSones - I sang every line of Rocks Off!

Posted by: dph ()
Date: August 31, 2011 05:13

Midnrambler,

Thanks for your hard work. Just curious, why is I Ain't Signifying slowed from 3:47 to 4:05? The faster version sounds more correct to my ears.

Date: August 31, 2011 13:17

dph
Midnrambler,

Thanks for your hard work. Just curious, why is I Ain't Signifying slowed from 3:47 to 4:05? The faster version sounds more correct to my ears.

Munichhilton did speed correct some songs that ran way too fast. I did not change anything at the speed, think he did a good job.

Posted by: Fritz4You ()
Date: September 4, 2011 10:39

Many thanks.
Great job.
Has anyone a good artwork?

Cheers
Juergen

Date: September 5, 2011 21:29

Honestman; our old IORR friend; sent me some great artwork he made; for these outtakes. (Thanks Honestman)

I made a zip file, and was going to upload it here; however; I'm not able to upload it at gigasize or yousendit; I get errors all the time. I don't have any account at those places.

So could somebody please send me an email; and I'll send the artwork over to that person - and that person could upload it here on IORR, for everybody to enjoy

Thanks

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 5, 2011 22:09

Hi Erik, you've got mail!

Date: September 5, 2011 23:08

Thanks Rank Stranger, very kind of you

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home