Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: June 16, 2011 03:26

Hi, I'm new here. This is my version of the Hyde Park show compiled from multiple sources. Enjoy.

The Rolling Stones
London (Hyde Park)
July 5, 1969

This is my attempt to compile a complete-as-can-be recording of the Hyde Park show. All songs in their entirety and in the correct order. As much of Mick Jagger's onstage talk as possible (and in the correct place).

CD 1:
01. intro by Sam Cutler + excerpt from Adonais (P.B. Shelley, 1821) read by Mick Jagger [this has the correct Cutler intro now]
02. I'm Yours And I'm Hers [missing part from better audience tape + more Jagger talk at the end of the track]
03. Jumping Jack Flash [more Jagger talk at the end of the track]
04. Mercy Mercy [more Jagger talk at the end of the track]
05. Stray Cat Blues [more Jagger talk in better quality at the end of the track]
06. No Expectations [more Jagger talk at the end of the track]
07. I'm Free [technically improved start]
08. Down Home Girl (from audience tape – speed-corrected) [more Jagger talk at the end of the track]
09. Love In Vain

CD 2:
10. Loving Cup [longer applause at the end of the track] – Jagger talk at start still cut
11. Honky Tonk Women
12. Midnight Rambler
13. Satisfaction [complete version now – entirely from audience tape to avoid switching back and forth between SB and AUD source]*
14. Street Fighting Man*
15. Sympathy For The Devil + Sam Cutler speech

Mick Jagger – vocals, harmonica, tambourine
Keith Richards – guitar
Mick Taylor – guitar
Bill Wyman – bass
Charlie Watts – drums
Rocky Dijon – percussion (on 15)
Ginger Johnson & His African Messengers – drums, percussion (on 15)

Reconstructed from TV, radio and audience tapes.

Sources: SODD 015, PARK 08, LL 032, SCORPIO (CDs), watchit-download (for additional Jagger talk only)**
Used for reference: Moon Child Records 0053 (LP + 45), TSP-CD-023 (CD)

On this version the Jagger talk is slightly longer/different than on the watchit version. I have compared all sources available to me, to find what I believe to be the correct placement for Jagger's announcements.

*The first few seconds of both "Satisfaction" and "Street Fighting Man" are missing on all recordings of this show known to me. To create a seamless recording I edited in the first 2–3 secs on both songs from the versions of the same songs in the movie "Gimme Shelter" (mixed with applause from Hyde Park). I know that this is historically incorrect, but it provides a much smoother listening experience.
**The watchit version is running slow, so I speed-/pitch-corrected the files.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-21 21:11 by MrEcho.

Re: Post: Hyde Park 1969 audio – compilation of multiple sources
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: June 16, 2011 07:10

I'm Yours And I'm Hers .Satisfaction" and "Street Fighting Man

there is audience recordings of these somewhere.

Date: June 16, 2011 14:52

Yeah, I used the audience recording to complete I'm Yours And I'm Hers (the middle part is missing on the soundboard).
On the audience recording of Satisfaction the start is cut, so I fixed that with the "Gimme Shelter" bit. Back in the day tapers often switched off their tape recorders between songs to save on batteries. I think that's why the start of Satisfaction is cut. The taper switched on the recording device too late.
I do not have an audience recording of Street Fighting Man.

Maybe somebody could upload the uncut/unedited audience tapes?

Does anybody here know "Blood And Butterflies", which is said to be the best CD of the Hyde Park show? I could not find it anywhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-16 14:56 by MrEcho.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 16, 2011 18:39

I'm sure you did a fine job-I'll have to check it out. I have a complete version called
"He is Not Dead" (All Sold Out Productions) that I believe I got from HC but not sure. I've had it awhile. Maybe someone here knows the source of this but its great to hear The Johnny Winter song in all its glory instead of the mutilated sb only one!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: June 16, 2011 19:21

The same "project" was made by watchit on Hungercity some time ago. It will be interesting to compare. Thanks in any case!

Posted by: MTWEMISSYOU ()
Date: June 16, 2011 19:27

scottkeef
I'm sure you did a fine job-I'll have to check it out. I have a complete version called
"He is Not Dead" (All Sold Out Productions) that I believe I got from HC but not sure. I've had it awhile. Maybe someone here knows the source of this but its great to hear The Johnny Winter song in all its glory instead of the mutilated sb only one!
Hi Scottkeef, Everyone talks about opeaning the vaults and the missing holy grail recordings that need to surface well I put the complete soundboard of The Johnny Winter song on top of the list. I would LOVE for the rehearsals for the Hyde Park show to someday surface including this song along with "Ive been loving you too long". There must be a studio recording or outake of this song recorded at some time in 1969. Its just to kick ass of a song not for the Stones to record it and only play it once.
I had the honor of meeting Johnny last year at a show in Dallas and I asked him if he knew why the Stones would open up with one of his songs and he replied " Well they must of liked it" Obviously Brian was a Johnny Winter fan and they did it for him but I just wish that they would of released it as an official recording. It would of gone on Metamorphosis very nicely or as a great B side selection on a single.

Date: June 16, 2011 20:56

I agree and I would love to hear a sb of "Down Home Girl" from Hyde Park. I really dig that number and wished they woulda kept it (and Mercy,Mercy) in the setlist for US 69 but thats just my preference...

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 16, 2011 21:09

Similar project/thread:

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 16, 2011 23:03

Nice job, MrEcho. smileys with beer

I like these matrix-type recordings. Wish there were more of them.

Date: June 16, 2011 23:43

The fact that there isn't a complete version of the Hyde Park show (I do not have the version from the other thread) has bugged me for years. So I put this together. Some parts exist in better quality, but this collects all the bits and pieces available to me. And – as far as I know – it's all in the correct order and at the correct speed. The only obvious cuts that still remain occur in Mick's announcements before songs 9 and 10. But I think the missing parts do not circulate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-16 23:44 by MrEcho.

Date: June 17, 2011 01:03

sorry ! can you post in flac ?

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: June 17, 2011 05:21

I know Im gonna catch hell but Hye Park is possibly the worst Stones prformance of the 60s...THey are Out Of Tune & Awful

SWoulsurvivor

Date: June 17, 2011 15:30

FLAC added.

Date: June 17, 2011 20:46

Theres quite of bit of introduction from Mick before Love In Vain and Loving Cup on watchit compilation (of course I dont know if its complete cause I wasnt there!)

Date: June 17, 2011 21:17

thanks download it now

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: June 17, 2011 21:37

Perhaps HP wasn't the highlight in their career but at least I think Midnight Rambler is possibly the second best version I've heard. After Ya-Ya's version, of course...

Date: June 17, 2011 21:38

thanks

good work .,anyway on the dvd hyde park (the bonus track mercy mercy (got intro before the song)

Date: June 17, 2011 22:56

Yeah, I think Rambler is great too in all its ragged glory. Its kinda a great mix of sounding more like the studio version but right on the brink of turning into the straight out rocker it became...don't do that indeed!!

Posted by: fela ()
Date: June 18, 2011 00:51

THey are Out Of Tune & Awful

.. yes, but it goes to them so good, love this show

thanks MrEcho

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: June 18, 2011 00:54

soulsurvivor1
I know Im gonna catch hell but Hye Park is possibly the worst Stones prformance of the 60s...THey are Out Of Tune & Awful

SWoulsurvivor

No I,m not the one thats gonna send you to hell!
I agree - they are indeed out of tune, and lots of upps - but I,ve allways loved that show anyway. It has some "charme" that I cant explain, and very "real".
I think it,s the Stones -show I,ve been listening to most times after GYYYO.
The Midnight Rambler-version is the best thy,ve ever done (IMO) and Taylors slide on Love In Vain really makes me cry! Its sooo beatyfull!
Thanx a lot for this UP - every new versions of that show is more than welcome. Great job!

cheers Bo thumbs up

Date: June 18, 2011 01:48

Does anybody have Mick's announcements before Mercy Mercy, Love In Vain and Loving Cup so I can compare them to what I have and insert any missing pieces into my version?
Also where can I find a better quality audience recording of I'm Yours And I'm Hers?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 18, 2011 02:19

Whoa

Date: June 18, 2011 12:50

MrEcho
Also where can I find a better quality audience recording of I'm Yours And I'm Hers?

I can upload the Scorpio CD which contains the "complete" show in audience quality (with a lot of cuts though). But it's not much better I think.

BTW, MrEcho, your Satisfaction is still incomplete (5:15); there are some cuts in the soundboard part which must be inserted from the audience recording, like watchit did it in his version (6:40).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-18 14:56 by midnrambler.

Date: June 18, 2011 15:03

midnrambler, yes, please upload the Scorpio CD. I will insert any missing parts into my compilation CD.
Does the watchit version circulate? Have not heard it.

Date: June 18, 2011 15:06

MrEcho
midnrambler, yes, please upload the Scorpio CD. I will insert any missing parts into my compilation CD.
Does the watchit version circulate? Have not heard it.

OK, I'll upload the Scorpio CD. The watchit version was on Hungercity (which is down at the moment) and I think even here on IORR, but can't remember anymore for sure. Here's a link to another thread about this topic: [www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-18 15:19 by midnrambler.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 18, 2011 15:30

Enjoyed that....thanks Mr Echo...............thumbs up

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 18, 2011 16:10

Thanks for sharing your work MrEcho!

Date: June 18, 2011 17:03

Now here is the Scorpio CD: [www.megaupload.com]

Date: June 18, 2011 18:40

Cool! Thanks midnrambler. I'll compare the recordings and see if any improvements can be done.

Date: June 18, 2011 18:42

-

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-19 23:28 by midnrambler.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1955
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home