Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Complete Singles 1971-2006
Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: April 28, 2011 03:57

Did anyone happen to scan all of the covers???

Re: Complete Singles 1971-2006
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 06:10

No But How Can They Say Complete?

Soul

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: April 28, 2011 07:58

Date: April 28, 2011 12:28

soulsurvivor1
No But How Can They Say Complete?
Soul

True, but if they actually put out a complete product, there would be nothing left to hope for.

silkcut1978_
[vinylstones.org]

thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: April 28, 2011 17:06

Hi Guys,
As weird as this may sound (& trust me- it DOES! LOL), the generally despised, Anti-Christ of the boot world: 'Wonderland Records' issued a box called 'The White Masters Box' a while ago. It's weird for several reasons:
1. It actually does a more thorough job of compiling all the b-sides, extra tracks etc from the Stones post-'71 output than this new official & ridiculously expensive boxset.
2. It's actually very good & isn't copied from other boots.
&
3. I don't think there's any/many mastering faults (for once). Of course, there might be- but who wants to sit through the numerous 'dub', disco versions etc (?).

Date: April 28, 2011 18:23

MrsHop
Hi Guys,
As weird as this may sound (& trust me- it DOES! LOL), the generally despised, Anti-Christ of the boot world: 'Wonderland Records' issued a box called 'The White Masters Box' a while ago. It's weird for several reasons:
1. It actually does a more thorough job of compiling all the b-sides, extra tracks etc from the Stones post-'71 output than this new official & ridiculously expensive boxset.
&
3. I don't think there's any/many mastering faults (for once). Of course, there might be- but who wants to sit through the numerous 'dub', disco versions etc (?).

I agree it may be a "better deal" than this expensive box set, but I found some of the tracks on the WLR set to be reduced amplitude, and the track info is generally very sloppy (and wrong in some cases).

You pay for packaging in the official set (but it too is also sloppy and wrong in some cases), but it also provides first time CD releases of a few songs, so that maks it more desirable to me.

Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: April 28, 2011 20:56

blakeeik
MrsHop
Hi Guys,
&

I agree it may be a "better deal" than this expensive box set, but I found some of the tracks on the WLR set to be reduced amplitude, and the track info is generally very sloppy (and wrong in some cases).

You pay for packaging in the official set (but it too is also sloppy and wrong in some cases), but it also provides first time CD releases of a few songs, so that maks it more desirable to me.

Fair comment :-). Actually- thinking about it, I don't think the Wonderland box was cheap either (not bragging- but I get these WLR boxes free, due to a long-standing arrangement). And- OH GOD!- packaging!!!!- I'm an absolute sucker for it! LOL. So- yes, if I had the money- this new official box would no doubt be hot-footing towards my mail-box as we speak! :-).
The thing is (as I'm sure you know) there are some kind of bewildering omissions/inclusions on this new box, eg: no 'Too Much Blood' & no picture-sleeves for 'Angie' or 'Beast Of Burden'. It's weird....

Date: April 28, 2011 21:27

MrsHop
Fair comment :-). Actually- thinking about it, I don't think the Wonderland box was cheap either (not bragging- but I get these WLR boxes free, due to a long-standing arrangement). And- OH GOD!- packaging!!!!- I'm an absolute sucker for it! LOL. So- yes, if I had the money- this new official box would no doubt be hot-footing towards my mail-box as we speak! :-).
The thing is (as I'm sure you know) there are some kind of bewildering omissions/inclusions on this new box, eg: no 'Too Much Blood' & no picture-sleeves for 'Angie' or 'Beast Of Burden'. It's weird....

Oh yes... The project had some great potential that fell short. From what I can tell upon first look, the singles omitted were seem to be all exclusive to Europe (Jumping Jack Flash, Wild Horses), Canada (Winning Ugly), the US (Too Much Blood), and Japan/Europe (Sexdrive (with remixes)). I'm not making excuses, just trying to figure the reason they were excluded. Now, add the fact that they left out some PS's, and left off the original Sway mix, and skipped the chance to release the original mono mixes for some others, well, it's just sad!

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: April 29, 2011 03:43

MrsHop
- but who wants to sit through the numerous 'dub', disco versions etc (?).

I'd never heard many of them so I did sit down & listen to them. I've never heard such a concentrated amount of crap in my 61 years. Some of them were just awful & had little relationship to the original track. Were they actually ever used in the dance clubs?

Date: April 29, 2011 06:51

I notice the Demon campannella has torrented a more complete version of the singles 1971-2010, and someone has already posted this for the general public on 3 fileservers

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: April 29, 2011 09:13

yes.campannella did a good job

Date: April 30, 2011 02:16

They also left off the ever elusive Dance pt 3

Soul

Date: April 30, 2011 02:49

soulsurvivor1
They also left off the ever elusive Dance pt 3

Soul

Yes, and my personal favorite of all time, Saint of Me (Deep Dish Grunge Garage Remix Parts 3 & 4 Edit #2 Fluke Instrumental Dub Rock Version Dance Mix)

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 1, 2011 02:33

I'm still looking for that. Can you up it? ;-)

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: May 2, 2011 12:31

"Dance pt 3" ?!? ... Never heard of it. Where was that one released?

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 2, 2011 13:08

Handova

He probably means the instrumental version from the promo 12".

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: May 2, 2011 16:56

midnrambler
Handova

He probably means the instrumental version from the promo 12".

Nope. Dance Pt.3 was B-side to Saint of Me (Deep Dish Grunge Garage Remix Parts 3 & 4 Edit #2 Fluke Instrumental Dub Rock Version Dance Mix). Extremely rare promo. winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-02 21:18 by ironbelly.

Posted by: stonesman87 ()
Date: May 6, 2011 13:21

OK, if we can get serious for just a moment (yeah, I know it's really difficult with all these infinite garage grunge dub remix edit #1&2 versions flying all over the place), do we have a duplication in the Saint Of Me CD in this set? Track 5 is the Deep Dish grunge garage dub, and track 10 is the Deep Dish grunge dub, both effectively the same length. The only difference between the two tracks seems to be the matter of a garage (OK gas station if you're in the U.S.). Any comments, anybody? Are they really the same track? Please end answers to this vital question with a thumbs up for serious answers and go ahead and end with a winking smiley for all joke answers.

Date: May 6, 2011 15:29

stonesman87
OK, if we can get serious for just a moment (yeah, I know it's really difficult with all these infinite garage grunge dub remix edit #1&2 versions flying all over the place), do we have a duplication in the Saint Of Me CD in this set? Track 5 is the Deep Dish grunge garage dub, and track 10 is the Deep Dish grunge dub, both effectively the same length. The only difference between the two tracks seems to be the matter of a garage (OK gas station if you're in the U.S.). Any comments, anybody? Are they really the same track? Please end answers to this vital question with a thumbs up for serious answers and go ahead and end with a winking smiley for all joke answers.

In all seriousness, I wasted far too many hours of my life on this question. On my "Rarities Done Right" list, I listed all three titles as the same: Grunge Dub, Garage Dub, and Grunge Garage Dub (It is available under all these titles). Now, the only one that one may say is "different" is Grunge Dub. (I'm going off memory, so I may have this backwards). If you time stretch Grunge Dub by .961 seconds or so, both mixes start and end on the same note. The middle beats do not match up in time, but if you look at them one by one, they are the same (at least to my ears). In other words, I think they are the same remix but Grunge Dub was tweaked to have a few minor tempo changes throughout the song. Trivial difference. Now, I despise this song. angry smiley

I was surprised to see both remixes on the same disc for The Complete Singles. I wonder if they even listen to them or just went by the name.

If anyone else can explain how to tell these remixes apart, I'd be glad to hear it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-06 16:54 by blakeeik.

Date: May 7, 2011 00:28

I now have the grunge dub (on the new 71-06 set), and I already had the grunge garage dub, but I don't have the garage dub. How does that one go again? Can you hum a few bars for me? winking smileywinking smileywinking smiley

Fair dinkum, this has reached a silly level. Sorry I asked the question. Ah .... now I see .... RDR CD 11, #10 - yes, they're all the bloody same!! Mick playing tricks with us, or some sadistic mixes freak? eye popping smileyconfused smiley

Date: May 7, 2011 03:38

Cool link to scans of all the covers. How about scans of the 16-track sampler? Anybody know where?

Date: May 10, 2011 01:58

I just received my box set today. I can't believe that they used the album versions instead of staying true to the original singles mixes, whether it was mono or stereo, many of the early releases had slightly different mixes...All down the line, tumbling dice to name a few...As Charlie said in the Gimmie Shelter Movie.. Oh my dear what a shame!

Soulsurvivor

Date: May 10, 2011 03:04

soulsurvivor1
I just received my box set today. I can't believe that they used the album versions instead of staying true to the original singles mixes, whether it was mono or stereo, many of the early releases had slightly different mixes...All down the line, tumbling dice to name a few...As Charlie said in the Gimmie Shelter Movie.. Oh my dear what a shame!

Soulsurvivor

at least those mixes were close - what about Sway! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! angry smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 10, 2011 09:54

Hum, Dance pt 3 ? I'm pretty sure I've seen that on outtakes but on a SOM single? Odd...

EDIT - yep found it on "Emotional Rescue Sessions" - unfortunately that CD must have been made from the vinyl is full of cracks. Also has the great "Jah is not Dead" track...supposedly once 45 minutes long when Mick played to the record company execs who stopped by to check on the sessions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-10 09:58 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: May 10, 2011 15:00

Date: May 12, 2011 12:16

blakeeik
Do you still need scans of covers and booklet? The box set appear on one russian torrent site, you know winking smiley

Date: May 12, 2011 12:31

ironbelly
blakeeik
Do you still need scans of covers and booklet? The box set appear on one russian torrent site, you know winking smiley

Did not know that, but silkcut hooked me up with a great link - thanks.

Date: May 13, 2011 00:23

blakeeik
ironbelly
blakeeik

Did not know that, but silkcut hooked me up with a great link - thanks.

Great. Guess you do not need scans from booklet in english and japanese

Date: May 13, 2011 02:47

ironbelly
blakeeik

Ooh, wonder what torrent site that is...

Date: May 13, 2011 02:58

vox12string
ironbelly
blakeeik

Ooh, wonder what torrent site that is...

You got mail. No links to official material here.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1732
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home