Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"SATISFACTION" - Ever a good live performance?
Posted by: STUFAN ()
Date: January 3, 2011 18:15

I just don't understand why this classic song never hit the mark on stage? Why can't the keep it simple like the studio version - Keith playing the fuzz guitar and Ron that great 2nd guitar just like the studio version?

Instead, they try to jazz it up with add'l backup singers, horns, too much Chuckie, etc...

I just don't get it.

Re: "SATISFACTION" - Ever a good live performance?
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 3, 2011 18:51

In my humble opinion, the version from Gimmie Shelter is the best one. I just learned that that version was culled from 2 different shows.
I also love the version from Leeds 71.

I feel the same way about Miss You and Gimmie Shelter. It's beeen discussed here many times that there are some Stones songs (or any band) that don;t match the record.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: January 3, 2011 19:00

Not matching the record is the essence of the Rolling in concert. Every rendition is a new adventure.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 3, 2011 19:37

Leeds 71 is the best version I've heard. To be honest, I think Satisfaction is the most overrated Stones song...but each to his own.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 4, 2011 02:08

Leeds is groovin as well as the 1972 'Uptight' version....

But I love the 1981 guitar fueled versions....any of them
I think pulling this song off live has been done several times...they have bigger problems

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: January 5, 2011 15:19

Yes, I never heard a "Satisfaction" live version which really satisfied. Too fast (Got Live You Want It), too slow without the characteristic riff (Leeds), too sloppy and guitar/vocals out of tune (Ya Ya's Deluxe), In general I don't remember any version which has the famous riff in the right manner, Keith' guitar sound was always disappointing all over the years concerning the riff. The best versions are from the 89/90 tour in my opinion.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 5, 2011 17:07

I think this is a smokin' live version!

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: January 5, 2011 18:51

RobertJohnson
The best versions are from the 89/90 tour in my opinion.

Never really liked these versions because of the showbiz/Las Vegas 'Can you hit me one time' etc

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: January 5, 2011 23:35

crumbling_mice
Leeds 71 is the best version I've heard. To be honest, I think Satisfaction is the most overrated Stones song...but each to his own.

I fully agree this (leeds 71) is a very special "enterpretation", and the ONLY good one (IMO) - oherwise
I do REALLY HATE that number along with Miss You - two worst stonesnumbers at all time!

cheers Bo (please dont hate me (LOL)cool smileygrinning smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-06 00:08 by hedegaard.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: January 6, 2011 00:51

Funny how different songs strike different people that way! Mine are "Miss You" (like yours) and "Start Me up" which I'm sure alot of you would want to shoot me for THAT one!

Date: January 6, 2011 01:01

scottkeef
Funny how different songs strike different people that way! Mine are "Miss You" (like yours) and "Start Me up" which I'm sure alot of you would want to shoot me for THAT one!

yes indeed! but on the other hand, that is why the stones is so special - they make lovely rocknumbers, blues, awfull and good pop, and disco , ballads like one else.
B.t.w a very happy new year to you Scott!

Best wishes Bo smileys with beer

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: January 6, 2011 01:24

RobertJohnson
Yes, I never heard a "Satisfaction" live version which really satisfied. Too fast (Got Live You Want It), too slow without the characteristic riff (Leeds), too sloppy and guitar/vocals out of tune (Ya Ya's Deluxe), In general I don't remember any version which has the famous riff in the right manner, Keith' guitar sound was always disappointing all over the years concerning the riff. The best versions are from the 89/90 tour in my opinion.

Fully agree, 1989/90 World Tour are the best ones!!

Cheers,

Martín

Date: January 6, 2011 01:35

Argentino
RobertJohnson

Fully agree, 1989/90 World Tour are the best ones!!

Cheers,

Martín

OK ,Martin not at all the worst version!
The AAB version was AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL x 100.000.000!!

cheers Bo grinning smileywinking smiley

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: January 6, 2011 02:51

THe song does not translate well onto the stage if the studio format is played. Its just one of those songs.

Soul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home