Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST : SB ; Welcome to Australia , 02 -27 - 1973 "VGP-110" Complete SB with Mick Taylor FLAC-Zip Files ; GigaSize/MegaUpload
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: April 7, 2007 12:00

X

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-03 21:35 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : SB ; Welcome to Australia , 02 -27 - 1973 Complete SB with Mick Taylor via GigaSize FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: April 7, 2007 20:23

Thanks for another top upgrade - as always!!

Cheers.

Re: POST : SB ; Welcome to Australia , 02 -27 - 1973 Complete SB with Mick Taylor via GigaSize FLAC-Zip Files
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 7, 2007 22:14

thanks nice info posting (S) with info & pictures

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 8, 2007 05:05

thank you so much for this...

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: April 8, 2007 05:13

Very big thankyou Urban Steel. Something wrong with my line in. Took 4.5 hours to DL, finished at 1.30AM this morning, but worth every minute, have now finally got my Australian/Stones collection finished.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 8, 2007 05:36

Has anybody got the Adelaide shows? I have never seen them posted on IORR.

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: April 8, 2007 05:36

Has anybody got the Adelaide shows? I have never seen them posted here.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: July 24, 2007 19:24

Hi Urbansteel !

This CD is really a must have!!!
The solo of Mick Taylor on "Gimme Shelter" is one of the best i've heard!!!

Great post

Thx and cheers

HMN

Posted by: stonesinhanoi ()
Date: May 8, 2008 15:29

Many Many many Thanks for sharing your incredible collection here Urban steel smileys with beer
cheers
stonesinhanoi

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: May 8, 2008 20:07

I'm sorry but I don't find any of these Australia shows very listenable at all. Nothing compares in the 72-73 era to 'Brussels Affair' in terms of sound quality. Nothing. That one is really all you need.

I just wish the Stones would remaster/re-release Brussels and perhaps the soundtrack from 'Ladies and Gentlemen'. One chronicles the 72 tour and the other the 73 tour, on which some GHS stuff like 'Dancing With Mr D' and 'Angie' was played in favour of some of the older 1969 stuff that was played on the 72 tour like 'Love in Vain' and 'Sweet Virginia'. Together it's a sure-fire package.

If the Stones can see that a relative dud like 'Rolling Stones Circus' gets released, surely they can see to it that 'Brussels' and 'Ladies and Gentlemen' can be, as well. Those two recordings are all anyone needs in terms of live recordings from this period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-08 20:08 by Taylor Era.

Date: May 8, 2008 21:30

I don't know about that.The "Ladies & Gentlemen" performances were not the best of the '72 tour - it just so happens that the performances were filmed and there is a great sound quality audio CD in circulation,probably the best of the tour going strictly by sound quality of the disc.This doesn't mean that you should not listen to other shows from '72.The Unreleased Decca Live Album CD comes to mind immediately for sound quality/performance combination which includes non-L&G tracks from Boston and Philadelphia.Charlotte,Norfolk,Akron,New York (Jagger's Birthday)and Pittsburgh are all worth listening to.What if,by some long chance,the Stones taped Akron or some other random show well enough and they were to release it one day?

As for 1973,the 2-24-'73 Perth tracks from the "Rocks Off" and/or "Backstrap Jacket" are some great tracks.They include maybe the best versions of Bitch and Brown Sugar ever.All Down The Line is right up there also.Gimme Shelter,despite Watts missing some beats that day on the track on a rare occasion sounds very good.This 2-27-'73 CD is probably the second best CD of the Winter 1973 Tour but,there are others worth having as well > Hawaii with Live With Me and It's All Over Now - The Benefit Concert in Los Angeles,some other Australian shows etc..Who's to say that the Stones don't have this stuff in the vault in non-bootleg quality?They probably don't but,it's possible.

Europe '73 : Don't forget that quite a few of the fine tracks that many people think are Brussels are actually from the Wembley Arena.Also,random tracks float around that rival the more well known versions.One example is "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)" from the Midnight Beat CD : "The Stars In The Sky,They Never Lie" is considered by many to be superior to the more well known live version.

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: May 8, 2008 23:15

I hear you, the problem for me though is if the sound is muddy, or below a certain enjoyable standard - no matter how strong the performance, I cannot repeatedly listen to it. 'Repeatedly' is the key, I suppose; I could listen to Brussels forever - the Australia gigs, no. I've listened to virtually every other bootleg shows - such as the ones you've mentioned - and still come to the same conclusion. They sit in my record rack, while Brussels and the soundtrack from Ladies and Gentlemen get regular play. I dunno; just my viewpoint...

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: May 8, 2008 23:20

terraplane
Has anybody got the Adelaide shows? I have never seen them posted here.
They were just on Dime.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 9, 2008 01:07

Theif in the Night
Also,random tracks float around that rival the more well known versions.One example is "Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)" from the Midnight Beat CD : "The Stars In The Sky,They Never Lie" is considered by many to be superior to the more well known live version.

I'm having a hard time to believe that anyone would prefer that Heartbreaker to the Wembley Empire Pool version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-09 02:12 by Erik_Snow.

Date: May 9, 2008 16:34

Well,here are two guy's reviews : [www.rsvp2000.com.ar] .The second guy said he prefers it but,I see where you're coming from - that version is kind of uneven.It is too heavy on the horns,Jagger starts singing a verse too early (he almost did that on the Nasty Music version as well) but,it has some other things going for it.That was just the first thing that came to mind as an example.

The point that I was trying to make was that while many of the best 1973 versions of songs come from Brussels and Wembley,I don't believe that it is true for every song played. -

Star Star may be the prime example.I know that the bonus track on disc two of the "definitive" Brussels Affair 2 CD set is better than the Brussels version (in my opinion).I don't recall which show it is from though.
Also,Dancing With Mr. D from CD 2 of Munich At Last (9-28-'73 late show) is hard to argue with although, the Europe '73 version is not too shabby either.

Date: May 9, 2008 16:40

That RSVP link does not take you to the review for some reason.To read the review,click on the link,type 1973 into the search field in the top left,and then click on "The Stars In The Sky,They Never Lie".

Date: September 26, 2009 16:10

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-03 21:36 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 29, 2009 10:36

The two CD Happy Birthday Nicky set is worth a listen (although one of the shows is truncated). But yes, a two CD '72/'73 live set would be nice! We can dream.

Does anyone know if there is a DVD compilation of the Australian tour available?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-09-29 13:38 by Father Ted.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: September 29, 2009 19:48

Thanks for the posting UrbanSteel!

Re: POST : SB ; Welcome to Australia , 02 -27 - 1973 "VGP-110" Complete SB with Mick Taylor FLAC-Zip Files ; GigaSize/MegaUpload
Date: March 6, 2010 22:19

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-03 21:36 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : SB ; Welcome to Australia , 02 -27 - 1973 "VGP-110" Complete SB with Mick Taylor FLAC-Zip Files ; GigaSize/MegaUpload
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: May 21, 2010 23:56

thanks very much thumbs up

Date: May 22, 2010 12:59

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-17 21:38 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: chango ()
Date: October 29, 2010 19:49

thanks a lot!!!

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: November 5, 2010 03:29

thanks a lot Jos!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 5, 2011 15:17

Bump and thx! thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home