Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: POST: The Rolling Stones Story BBC 6 part documentary 1973 narrated by Alexis Korner (FLAC)
Posted by: musicalchemist ()
Date: April 4, 2012 19:27

This is Fu&%ing Great!

I'm glad it is in .flac & has track markers.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Digging through "The Complete Works" www site I found this:

751210A 10th December: UK radio (BBC) 'The Rolling Stones Story'. Part 7: '2 Years Later'.
Host: Alexis Korner.

Anybody got this? Can you post it.

Thanks!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-04 22:59 by musicalchemist.

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones Story BBC 6 part documentary 1973 narrated by Alexis Korner (FLAC) - Now on Rapidshare
Date: April 4, 2012 20:54

An absolutely essential listen for anybody interested in where The Stones came from.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones Story BBC 6 part documentary 1973 narrated by Alexis Korner (FLAC)
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 5, 2012 02:40

musicalchemist
This is Fu&%ing Great!

751210A 10th December: UK radio (BBC) 'The Rolling Stones Story'. Part 7: '2 Years Later'.

Thanks!

Hi musicalchemist, you seem to have edited your post a couple of times since you first posted it. I seem to recall you originally asking how I'd made the recording and whether I'd converted from mp3 to FLAC?
I recorded the whole series from the BBC website as wav files using Roxio's "capture from soundcard" function.
I know that the BBC stream in a lossy format but I always record them using the best file format in order to get the best recording possible.
I then put them into a sound editing suite, track marked and encoded to FLAC
Audacity, which is a free download can also do all that.

As for the part 7 of the Stones story, I've not only never heard it, I've also never heard of it either! I too would love to have it if anyone out there can oblige.
The only Alexis Korner Stones radio doc from 1975 that I know of is one about the TOTA which I do have and you can listen to and/or download it here: [www.4shared.com]
This is an mp3 although I do also have it as wav if you want it.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: musicalchemist ()
Date: April 6, 2012 03:43

Deltics
musicalchemist
This is Fu&%ing Great!

Thanks!

Hi musicalchemist, you seem to have edited your post a couple of times since you first posted it. I seem to recall you originally asking how I'd made the recording and whether I'd converted from mp3 to FLAC?
I recorded the whole series from the BBC website as wav files using Roxio's "capture from soundcard" function.
I know that the BBC stream in a lossy format but I always record them using the best file format in order to get the best recording possible.
I then put them into a sound editing suite, track marked and encoded to FLAC
Audacity, which is a free download can also do all that.

As for the part 7 of the Stones story, I've not only never heard it, I've also never heard of it either! I too would love to have it if anyone out there can oblige.
The only Alexis Korner Stones radio doc from 1975 that I know of is one about the TOTA which I do have and you can listen to and/or download it here: [www.4shared.com]
This is an mp3 although I do also have it as wav if you want it.

I edited the msg a few times - because at the beginning of your post you did mention the linage. I my haste to get this, I skimmed your note. Stupid me.

You have done a fantastic job. Great Attention to detail with the index points.

Rocks Off to you.

I first heard this on commercial radio here in the US. I loved their hype promo of the show. I think I have a very shitty recording of parts of this show on very cheap cassettes. Being a poor college student and not hip on the fact that good cassettes not only sound better, but they seem to hold their recorded sound longer.

Thanks for a very excellent job.

Thanks for the offer for TOTO, not a big fan of them.

Thanks again.

Date: April 6, 2012 03:51

musicalchemist

Thanks for the offer for TOTO, not a big fan of them.

Thanks again.

TOTO?! I wrote TOTA (Tour Of The Americas), The Stones first tour with Woody in 1975!

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones Story BBC 6 part documentary 1973 narrated by Alexis Korner (FLAC) - Now on Rapidshare
Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: April 25, 2012 18:46

Thanks

Date: July 8, 2012 20:37

Bump

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: July 8, 2012 20:49

Thanks for the bump winking smiley
Read the whole thread and the funniest thing was the TOTA/TOTO confusion, LOL!!!!
(and, as I wrote in my other thread, I could get episode 1, so your upload is still available, and helped me out a lot!)

Chris from Belgium

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: July 8, 2012 21:34

It is good to see all this great radio shows this month on the BBC
I taped everything, nice things

Posted by: Mick&Keef ()
Date: July 13, 2012 16:55

Thanks Deltics

Looking forward to this

Posted by: gomper076 ()
Date: July 17, 2012 06:52

I'm looking forward to this one. Sounds like one hell of a show. Thanks

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 17, 2012 19:37

I downloaded it during the weekend and I'm enjoying it a lot! Great share!
Many thanks Deltics!

Posted by: madhouse ()
Date: August 11, 2012 15:32

Awesome, thanx heaps!!

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones Story BBC 6 part documentary 1973 narrated by Alexis Korner (FLAC) - Now on Rapidshare. mp3 added
Date: September 8, 2012 13:49

Since the demise of Megaupload, Zagalo's mp3 files of this series are no longer available so I've now added them to the original post on page 1.

Re: POST: The Rolling Stones Story BBC 6 part documentary 1973 narrated by Alexis Korner (FLAC) - Now on Rapidshare. mp3 added
Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: September 8, 2012 14:39

Deltics, thanks for all your work on this thumbs up

Just to say, if anything else is now missing or unavailable - just ask and I should be able to repost

Cheers

Posted by: TOOTSIE ()
Date: September 12, 2012 12:01

HI
Icannot download this is anyone able to trade for it.cheers
ash

TOOTSIE@xtra.co.nz

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1567
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home