Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rapidshare
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:04

Rapidshare have complete changed their pricing structure and the way that accounts run.

They have got rid of Rapidpoints, so there is no longer a way for uploaders to benefit from having their files downloaded.

They are using a new currency called "Rapids" which have to be paid for with money. These Rapids allow you to upload a certain amount and download a certain amount per day.

Any existing Rapidpoints can be transferred over to Rapids.

I really feel that they have shot themselves in the foot this time. People will switch to Megaupload in droves.

Re: Rapidshare
Posted by: kream ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:16

strettonbull
I really feel that they have shot themselves in the foot this time. People will switch to Megaupload in droves.

yes, i already did it...

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:39

Thanks for the update - now I understand what the changes meant!!

Rapidshare works really well for me (so far) - but it does look like they are determined to shed customers with this policy change confused smiley

Date: July 1, 2010 00:01

Rapidshare is the most popular hosting company for the Warez forums. Apparently they have done it to help reduce copyrighted material being uploaded and shared.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 1, 2010 00:32

The mail I got from them sure got me confused. It actually made me really think hard about what they tried to explain. Never a good thing. Have liked Rapidshare in the past, but like all of the above, this is probably a convenient exit point for me too.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: July 1, 2010 01:07

thank you for this explanetion - I did,nt get it !!!

kindly Bo angry smiley

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 1, 2010 03:14

Their email totally confused me, they may be the most popular but for how long if they keep going this way

Date: July 2, 2010 01:22

The Great Roc`n Roll Swindle" !

thumbs downsad smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 2, 2010 22:27

Wow
I am up for renewal in 8 days.

Thanks for the heads up

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: July 3, 2010 02:27

@#$%& rapidshare, man...

Date: July 3, 2010 12:06

...but there are so many competitors out there....what to choose when leaving Rapidshare?
Megaupload, gigasize, sharingmatrix...What do you use?

Date: July 3, 2010 22:41

It's gotta be Megaupload next.

Date: July 7, 2010 22:01

It seems Rapidshare has "listened and acted" to a ton of negative feedback about their change. Is only one account type now, "RapidPro". The rapids stay and I don´t know whether the reward thing is back.

Date: July 7, 2010 23:59

RobberBride
It seems Rapidshare has "listened and acted" to a ton of negative feedback about their change. Is only one account type now, "RapidPro". The rapids stay and I don´t know whether the reward thing is back.

No I can,t fully get what their,s up to . The cirkus continius!
I,l stick to good old Mega!

cheers Bo eye rolling smiley

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 8, 2010 03:03

I still have no idea as to what they are on about

Date: July 8, 2010 09:44

It is still confusing and although it's an improvement on their original announcement, it's still a lot worse than what it was. There's no rapidpoints or reward system still. Therefore there is no incentive for people to upload files - indeed we will have to pay to upload files.

For a user who downloads less than a gig a day, it's only going to cost 1.25 Euros per month, which is good value.

However for someone like Ludwig who has over 500 gigs, it will cost roughly 10 Euros a month.

It's all a bit of a mess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1742
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home