Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rapidshare
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:04

Rapidshare have complete changed their pricing structure and the way that accounts run.

They have got rid of Rapidpoints, so there is no longer a way for uploaders to benefit from having their files downloaded.

They are using a new currency called "Rapids" which have to be paid for with money. These Rapids allow you to upload a certain amount and download a certain amount per day.

Any existing Rapidpoints can be transferred over to Rapids.

I really feel that they have shot themselves in the foot this time. People will switch to Megaupload in droves.

Re: Rapidshare
Posted by: kream ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:16

strettonbull
I really feel that they have shot themselves in the foot this time. People will switch to Megaupload in droves.

yes, i already did it...

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: June 30, 2010 16:39

Thanks for the update - now I understand what the changes meant!!

Rapidshare works really well for me (so far) - but it does look like they are determined to shed customers with this policy change confused smiley

Date: July 1, 2010 00:01

Rapidshare is the most popular hosting company for the Warez forums. Apparently they have done it to help reduce copyrighted material being uploaded and shared.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 1, 2010 00:32

The mail I got from them sure got me confused. It actually made me really think hard about what they tried to explain. Never a good thing. Have liked Rapidshare in the past, but like all of the above, this is probably a convenient exit point for me too.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: July 1, 2010 01:07

thank you for this explanetion - I did,nt get it !!!

kindly Bo angry smiley

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 1, 2010 03:14

Their email totally confused me, they may be the most popular but for how long if they keep going this way

Date: July 2, 2010 01:22

The Great Roc`n Roll Swindle" !

thumbs downsad smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 2, 2010 22:27

Wow
I am up for renewal in 8 days.

Thanks for the heads up

Posted by: stateofshock ()
Date: July 3, 2010 02:27

@#$%& rapidshare, man...

Date: July 3, 2010 12:06

...but there are so many competitors out there....what to choose when leaving Rapidshare?
Megaupload, gigasize, sharingmatrix...What do you use?

Date: July 3, 2010 22:41

It's gotta be Megaupload next.

Date: July 7, 2010 22:01

It seems Rapidshare has "listened and acted" to a ton of negative feedback about their change. Is only one account type now, "RapidPro". The rapids stay and I don´t know whether the reward thing is back.

Date: July 7, 2010 23:59

RobberBride
It seems Rapidshare has "listened and acted" to a ton of negative feedback about their change. Is only one account type now, "RapidPro". The rapids stay and I don´t know whether the reward thing is back.

No I can,t fully get what their,s up to . The cirkus continius!
I,l stick to good old Mega!

cheers Bo eye rolling smiley

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: July 8, 2010 03:03

I still have no idea as to what they are on about

Date: July 8, 2010 09:44

It is still confusing and although it's an improvement on their original announcement, it's still a lot worse than what it was. There's no rapidpoints or reward system still. Therefore there is no incentive for people to upload files - indeed we will have to pay to upload files.

For a user who downloads less than a gig a day, it's only going to cost 1.25 Euros per month, which is good value.

However for someone like Ludwig who has over 500 gigs, it will cost roughly 10 Euros a month.

It's all a bit of a mess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1729
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home