Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Problem With First Track When Burning CD.
Posted by: bigbangal ()
Date: April 29, 2007 13:59

Don't know if anyone can help with this - I burn audio CD's using Nero, iTunes and Windows Media Player and, except for my car player, the first track will never play - from second track on,no problem. Recently made CD for friend and same!- anyone know why this is happening?

We all need someone we can lean on

Re: Problem With First Track When Burning CD.
Posted by: THE BOOTLEGMAN ()
Date: April 29, 2007 17:32

If those programs don´t advice your about any problem, this is, your burnt cd seems ok, and if later you can´t play the first part, it´s perhaps because your PC burner is not clean, or damaged.

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: April 29, 2007 18:48

I had the same problem with Windows media player... it burnt the cd but track number 1 was empty ... and came up showing as a 'data track' ... so I had to fill that slot with something very short so not to have a 3 minutes of silence at the beginning of a cd

Since I switched to Nero that problem has been fixed ..but old cd's I burned on WMP wont play in my car (or on my pc) because the deck thinks its a cd-rom, which pisses me off, so I have to redo them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-04-29 18:50 by Taylor Era.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: April 29, 2007 20:35

be sure to have lead in (one sek empty space ,silence) before the first track .

no 01-

Posted by: bigbangal ()
Date: April 30, 2007 12:04

Thanks for your advice.

We all need someone we can lean on

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home