Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Quad Version Brussels by Request
Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: July 5, 2009 18:11

I have too many followup comments but will limit myself to a response to Taylor Era: I assume u own a quad system from your comments, I thought quad fell by the wayside years ago?

so the DVD really does give a broader possible range to the audio, more than a cd?

IF all u have is a plain old stereo, then I would assume one cannot hear any benefits of the quad version?''

.. ok well I have a 5 channel setup, but nothing comes out of the center channel, so it's only producing sound from the two fronts and two rears

after listening a few more times, MT is sort of split between the front left and rear left channels

the guitars (MT and Keith) are balanced in volume

the thing is, I find, because you are sitting in the middle of all four speakers you really get a sense of being within the music..there are truly four distinct and separate channels operating here

very cool

you can't play it on a plain old or any regular stereo system, because it is a DVD; on my other TV/sound system, which only has 2.1 stereo, I can play and hear the DVD but don't get the full effect, obviously

''quad version of the Brussels King Biscuit show from '73 a post on hot stuff ???''

..I googled around and found a torrent for it

Rolling Stones - 1973-10-17 - Brussels Affair - QUAD - Audio Pre-FM - DVD

[www.tapecity.org]

pre-fm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-05 18:13 by Taylor Era.

Re: Quad Version Brussels by Request
Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: July 5, 2009 19:19

?

Posted by: Taylor Era ()
Date: July 5, 2009 20:18

got asked in 'Tell Me' to post this here

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 5, 2009 22:51

got asked in 'Tell Me' to post this here

yes please .......

Posted by: j.b.goode ()
Date: July 5, 2009 23:00

no, not posted here, so use the torrent to get it (at this very moment 6 seeders).
it has also dts and dolby 4.0 sound.
it can be played stereo if you don't use a surround set, but than the benifits of surround sound are not there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-07-05 23:02 by j.b.goode.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 5, 2009 23:21

BTW, it can be played on every DVD player (also if it does not support DVD Audio). There is also a DVD Video part on it (with some stills).

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: July 6, 2009 11:27

I was seeding this until yesterday evening but am happy to reseed if anyone has not completed their download.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: August 4, 2009 09:54

Could anyone make a rather conservative Stones fan who cannot handle torrents and such things happy with a DVD of that best Stones live recording ever?

Perhaps I could change for a CD of the concert London, Empire Wembley Pool, September 8, 1973, taken from my almost unplayed copy of the rare bootleg LIVE IN LONDON?

I once heard that the LADIES & GENTLEMEN soundtrack on various bootlegs (PHILADELPHIA SPECIAL, etc), also has the quad data on it because it was recorded in quad, and those signals cannot be eliminated. Is this true?

Date: August 4, 2009 10:40

the others: i don't know,
for the bruxelles-quadraphonia: send me a pm

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: August 4, 2009 18:57

Is there a front cover?

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: August 4, 2009 21:36

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 6, 2009 16:02

I grabbed this torrent. It has BOTH a VIDEO AND AUDIO TS folder.(there's actually files in the Audio_TS folder).

Anyone with any info. on how to burn this? I'm using Toast 10.

Thx.

J

Posted by: littletanda ()
Date: August 6, 2009 17:08

Your AUDIO_TS folder should be empty. All of your file are in VIDEO_TS folder.smoking smiley
Just burn the VIDEO_TS folder and the AUDIO_TS will be created automatically by your burning software.

Hope that i help you a little bit!

I need a love to keep me Happy!!!
Vincent aka Littletanda

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-06 17:12 by littletanda.

Date: August 6, 2009 17:21

littlet&a is right: if you
ask roxio: how to burn dvd_ts
you get the same answer, and a how to do it.

Date: August 6, 2009 17:23

j.b.goode
littlet&a is right: if you
ask roxio: how to burn dvd_ts
you get the same answer, and a how to do it.

Thanks for the comment!!!

He should be able to do it.

Vincent aka Littletanda

Date: August 6, 2009 22:56

Thanks for your replies.

The Audio_TS folders are usually empty, but when I downloaded the torrent, low and behold, there are files in it. Just hoping they aren't the DVDA files. When I try to burn the Video_TS folder it only lists Dolby and DTS.

I'l burn and see what happens.

J

Date: August 6, 2009 23:53

What is your burning software. IMHO Nero is the best one. Let me know if it work fine.

Vincent aka Littletanda

Date: August 7, 2009 10:20

seems to be a mac-problem not handeling audio_ts
the only way i quess is the choice for burning a data dvd, not dvd-audio.
if chosen, you can drag&drop all the files, including the audio_ts folder, into toast to burn.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 7, 2009 11:43

I have this DVD. AFAIK, this is a DVD-Audio. There shouldn't be any files in the Video_TS folder as it is not a video DVD.

(I use Mac The Ripper in conjunction with Popcorn).

Posted by: pike bishop ()
Date: August 9, 2009 12:45

Thanks a million ,downloaded this and burned with nero.Sounds great

Date: August 9, 2009 18:18

OK, here's what I've done so far:

1. downloaded the torrent.
2. BOTH the audio and video TS folder DO have content in them (I'm, not lying, they do)
3. I have a MAC, am using Toast 10 -- Nero doesn't work on a MAC.
4. I have burned just the Video_TS folder under DVD -- that gives me a DVD with Dolby and DTS, not DVD-A. (This burning option does not allow me to add the Audio-TS folder)
5. I have burned a DVD_ROM(UDF) with both folders. My DVD-A player rejects the disc.
6. I have burned a DVD-ROM(UDF) with just the Audio folder, same player rejects the disc (though in both cases the DVD-A indicator light goes on briefly before eject)
7. Next try is a straight data disc with the two folders.

Any help?

J

Posted by: jeffery00 ()
Date: August 10, 2009 09:37

iSkysoft DVD Ripper Pack for Mac is a perfect combination of Mac DVD Ripper and Mac Video Converter.With this suite you can rip your dvd and convert your video to almost any video format supported by your iPod/iPhone/PSP/Zune/Creative Zen/iRiver/Sansa,etc.

Key functions:

1: A powerful Mac video converter and Mac DVD ripping software
Rip DVDs and convert videos to all sorts of video formats and audio formats for playback on most portable video and audio players.
2: Select DVD subtitle and audio track
Select any available subtitle and audio track on your DVDs.
3: Advanced encoding settings
Set video encoding settings including resolution, frame rate, encoder, and bit rate, and set audio output settings including sample rate, channel, encoder and bit rate.
4: Set video effects
Customize movie video effects by setting video brightness, contrast, saturation, and applying a special video effect.
5: Merge file
iSkysoft DVD Ripper Pack allows you to merge and convert more than one DVD title (chapter) or video file in to one file.
6:Trim DVD and video files
Trim your DVD and video to output your favorite DVD and video clips only.
7: Video crop
Crop video to remove black sides from your DVD or video files.
8: Preview
Preview your movie before conversion to adjust the output quality.

iPhone Ringtone Maker
Best DVD Ripper
Mac DVD to iPhone

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: December 1, 2012 15:31

bump - any chance of a reseed?

Date: December 1, 2012 20:58

Jeffrey,

You're a star to post the converter info. Unfortunately I have had the experience time & again of being told downloading a certain app will convert specified files & when the app's downloaded & I proceed per instructions the general msg of, "sorry, Product XX Cannot Convert This File."

BASTA!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: coowouters ()
Date: December 1, 2012 22:10

The Menace of Mayfair
Jeffrey,

You're a star to post the converter info. Unfortunately I have had the experience time & again of being told downloading a certain app will convert specified files & when the app's downloaded & I proceed per instructions the general msg of, "sorry, Product XX Cannot Convert This File."

BASTA!

Throw your Mac out of the window (doesn't always have to be a TV, lol! ) and buy a normal PC with Windows version 7.3.23.12.8.56.9.1 spinning smiley sticking its tongue outgrinning smileytongue sticking out smiley

Chris from Belgium

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home