Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Enmore Theatre Sydney 2003 Questions
Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 5, 2009 12:54

I bought a silver boot set of this gig a couple of years back and played it in my car and very much enjoyed it.
Last year I was going to trade it with a friend in America but for some reason it would not play properly and certainly would not copy.
Recently I got hold of another copy off someone on this site and that was that I thought,eventually got round to trading it with another friend in the States who informs me that it seems to be lossy,I had not given it a thought as I am quite trusting and assumed that a silver boot would not have been lossy.
I tried to get the original set fixed at the local Game store but they said the metal was cracked probably caused by temperature extremes
So what I would like to know is there more than one source of this show ,and if so are they available anywhere , I am reluctant to buy another copy as I don't want a third mistake.
The first set was probably my fault for leaving it in the car to long,second was possibly a genuine error on the traders part.
I cant find any label name for the 2 boots I have the first set I got was a digipak blue effort called Far East Tour.
Any comments ?

Re: Enmore Theatre Sydney 2003 Questions
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 5, 2009 17:25

few sources, Ned kelly source is one - very good aud recording, there's another from further back which is different....not quite as good...but very listenable. No soundboard source ever..

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: April 5, 2009 17:56

I have the VGP releases, very good sound

Keessie

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 5, 2009 19:06

Licks down under?

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: April 5, 2009 19:11

Silvers:

Licks Downunder (VGP-342)
Upside Downunder (Exile EXM-001A/B )
Sydney Australia 2003 (digipak)
Enmore Theatre Sydney 2003 (ST-111/112)

AFAIK they are all together from the same tape source, maybe partly a little equalized or so.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-05 19:14 by midnrambler.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: April 5, 2009 21:24

JumpinJeppeFlash
Licks down under?

Yep

keessie

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 6, 2009 14:18

Id say that the Enmore released on VGP -342 entitled "Licks Down Under" is the worst sounding version of all the Enmore Theatre
show issued on silver bootlegs.
The best sounding silver bootleg of the Enmore 2003 IMHO is the " The Rolling Stones Sydney 2003" on a no name label.
But to my ears the best sounding Enmore recording is the 2nd version released on the CD - R label Jerkin Gherkin by the taper
of the show, Ned Kelly. This 2nd release was very limited. Bare in mind that the two Jerkin Gherkin releases were the only Enmores
discs made from the master tape.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-04-06 14:40 by Eleanor Rigby.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: April 6, 2009 22:28

Could you please post this "jerkin Gherkin" release here Eleanor Rigby!

Please...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 8, 2009 15:55

It's not uncommon for boot labels to press CDs from lossy/mp3 sourced material unfortunately...

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 13, 2009 11:23

The best sounding silver bootleg of the Enmore 2003 IMHO is the " The Rolling Stones Sydney 2003" on a no name label
Thanks guys for all the comments , the above quote is from Eleanor Rigby, this is the second set I bought to replace the damaged one and the one I am informed is MP3 sourced.
The first set I got has the Austrailian Flag as the background with Keith sitting on a stool playing an acoustic guitar and smoking a cigarette.
I also located artwork for another version called Rolling Stones at the Enmore Theatre with pictures of Mick and Keith split down the middle.
Is there a diffinative version available for downloading somewhere , it's not that important. more anoying really, buying the same boot twice and still not having a very good edition.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1827
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home