Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The great 1969 Tour - clean up your collection
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: February 14, 2009 15:37

only got the msg 27.."let's have a look at y..

i will try the msg 28 2nd (re-pitch),,, when i found it ,,

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2009 15:46

"only got the msg 27.."let's have a look at y.."
IIRC it's a great tape almost as good as L.A. 2nd and the 2 Oaklands.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 14, 2009 15:48

straycat58
NEW YORK 28 FIRST:

TWO DAYS THREE SHOWS - NEW YORK CITY YOU TALK A LOT - bad quality; You tlak a lot is better than 2D3S but the speed should be corrected. 8 tracks only from this show.

there is NO 28th 1st show tape that I know of...i think this is bogus...?
I also have this "fast" show and it's is a collection of what is on Ya Ya's and other sources such as the Gimme Shelter movie etc...

Date: February 14, 2009 15:50

LATEST Update:

Not sure about what Champaign show is available...???

7th November: Fort Collins, Colorado, State University : Catch Your Dreams or Kick off US Tour ?
8th November: Los Angeles, California, Inglewood Forum (1st show) : WELCOME TO THE BREAKFAST SHOW
8th November: Los Angeles, California, Inglewood Forum (2nd show) : mr. Watchit's tape
9th November: Oakland, California, Alameda Co. Coliseum (1st show) : Pot Boiler
9th November: Oakland, California, Alameda Co. Coliseum (2nd show) : LIVER THAN YOU'LL EVER BE, but needs original JJF & UMT
10th November: San Diego, California, Sports Arena : IT'S NO HANGIN' MATTER - SECOND INCARNATION
11th November: Phoenix, Arizona, Coliseum : THE SKY PILOTS or Gathering Madness
13th November: Dallas, Texas, Moody Coliseum : I have old crappy tape...none have surfaced that are better
14th November: Auburn, Alabama, University Memorial Coliseum (1st show) : unsurfaced
14th November: Auburn, Alabama, University Memorial Coliseum (2nd show) : unsurfaced
15th November: Champaign, University Of Illinois, Assembly Hall (1st show) : Vintage?? Cocaine?
15th November: Champaign, University Of Illinois, Assembly Hall (2nd show) : Vintage?? Cocaine?
16th November: Chicago, Illinois, International Amphitheater (1st show) : unsurfaced
16th November: Chicago, Illinois, International Amphitheater (2nd show) : Chicago 1969
24th November: Detroit, Michigan, Olympia Stadium : Live From Detroit 1969
25th November: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Spectrum Sports Arena : Philadelphia Special 69 - Second Incarnation
26th November: Baltimore, Maryland, Civic Center : DAC 015 Some Satanic Tour
27th November: New York City, Madison Square Garden : recent torrent
28th November: New York City, Madison Square Garden (1st show) : unsurfaced
28th November: New York City, Madison Square Garden (2nd show) : recent torrent
29th November: Boston, Massachusetts, Boston Garden (1st show) : Boston Garden '69
29th November: Boston, Massachusetts, Boston Garden (2nd show) : DAC 015 Some Satanic Tour
30th November: West Palm Beach, Florida, International Raceway : Miami Pop Festival
6th December: Livermore, California, Altamont Speedway : the recent stereo aud rec

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: February 14, 2009 16:21

Eleanor Rigby
there is NO 28th 1st show tape that I know of...i think this is bogus...?
I also have this "fast" show and it's is a collection of what is on Ya Ya's and other sources such as the Gimme Shelter movie etc...

I compared these tracks with the other 69 shows; if it's not NY First show, where they should come from? Anyway, don't know if we mean the same CD. Now, I'm not at home, I'll try to u/l.

BTW: which one is the Altamont better than Killer Festival?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-14 16:26 by straycat58.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 14, 2009 16:27

"27th November: New York City, Madison Square Garden : recent torrent
28th November: New York City, Madison Square Garden (2nd show) : recent torrent"

Can you please tell us where to get these? I sold my (flawed) IMP boot and I'd like to have the shows again...

Date: February 14, 2009 16:30

[www.sendspace.com]

JJF & Carol 9 nov 2nd,,

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: February 14, 2009 16:30

I don't think straycat58 has enuf posts on this thread. I suggest we crown him the King The 69 Tour Recordings!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 14, 2009 19:08

The Sicilian
Chicago 2nd Late show is only the show from the November 16th. The version I have is "Chicago 1969". It has 13 tracks. It sounds like it was taped from outside the arena bowl in the corridors. The 1st Early show has no extant tapes at this time.

Champaign had two shows the day before on the 15th of November. The 1st Early show has 13 tracks and 2nd Late show has 5 tracks extant.

A show I really enjoy is from Phoenix on November 11, especially when Mick and Keith begin the acoustic set. It is called "Gathering Madness Phoenix 69". But it drops off badly in Little Queenie.

yes i love this show also, its a hidden gem release from this tour, not many people talk about it, if anyone runs across a copy of gathering madness pick it up you wont regret it

Date: February 15, 2009 04:53

I agree Melillo - a hidden classic. Rumour has it that the tape got taped over...which is why it's incomplete !!! Bugger....

dcba - I'll send you a copy of the 27th & 28th second if you are able to u/l it ??

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: February 15, 2009 05:50

Agree with you guys about the Phoenix show, great one. Re the fact that it is incomplete, this is what the liner notes on my ("pro-cdr" label Hanging Dog release from '99)copy say: " The Phoenix show was being taped before being spotted by the authorities and the taper continued to record as he left the building. 'Little Queenie is therefore a bit muffled and cut short". If I recall, that is the way it ends, isn't it ? A muffled slow fade.

Date: February 15, 2009 09:24

could be right about the Phoenix show...there is definately one show from this Tour that was accidently taped over....I guess that's what happens to most incomplete recordings....it's either a gap in changing the sides of the tape, or it's been taped over accidently, or the security stands right in front of you !

Date: February 15, 2009 10:39

Further to your posts, I rushed to find a copy of Gahering Madness.
Looks to me identical to Sky Pilots, same audio quality, no improvement. Or did you notice something I'm missing?

Date: February 15, 2009 12:00

to add further intrigue, aren't there 2 Baltimore tapes??

Date: February 15, 2009 12:18

yes it should be .the other only 30 min...

but it would be nice to try merge(stereo)these two........

Date: February 15, 2009 12:55

I read all your posts accurately and I hardly understand the comments on the MSG 28 First show.

Am I wrong or, according to you, there's no recording available of this show? In my opinion, with the help of the work done by Chris M. there are 8 tracks from this show: JJF, Carol, SFTD, SCB, Little queenie, Satisfaction, HTW, SFM.

If you don't agree, I would like to go deeper in the analysis and evenctually modify my files.

One question about Altamont: what is the recent recording, better than Killer Festival?

Date: February 15, 2009 13:10

i'm confused bout confused smiley.stray cat blues...baltimore nov 26...or msg nov 27 ???

Date: February 15, 2009 13:31

Vancouver,

Stray Cat blues from MSG 1st show is detectable and different from Baltimore.

Go to the last part when Mick sings,after "capital crime" the "yeehh, you're a strange stray cat": in both NYC 28 1st and Baltimore, at third yeeh, Mick double the yeeh!
The difference is that: in NYC 28 FIRST at the third yeh (the one doubled) Mick sings AH yeh, yeh, I bet your mother...
In BALTIMORE, Mick sings: yeh, yeh, bet your mother (without the "AH" and without "I").

In MSG 27, Mick doesn't even sing the third "yeh" !

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-15 13:35 by straycat58.

Date: February 15, 2009 14:10

thanks .stray cat hot smiley

Date: February 15, 2009 15:08

no - Nov 28th 1st show is depicted in the Gimme Shelter movie as "welcome to the breakfast show"....by Mick...that is JJF from the 1st.
Carol (the bonus material from the GS movie) is the 2nd show I think (from memory). Chris uses process of elimination for saying what songs are from what shows. We assume Carol from GYYYA is from the "breakfast show" as we have tapes of almost every show from the tour and it's not one of it's performances.
Stray Cat is another....1st show from process of elimination.
SFTD - same as above.
etc...etc...

ER

Date: February 15, 2009 15:22

What I know about Carol is that the one from MSG 28 FIRST is the one in which Mick sings: "I've got my eyes on you SUGAR" while in all the other versions he sings "I've got my eyes on you LADY". Also, end of the first chorus, Mick ends with "showout" or something like that.
Anyway, Carol with SUGAR is the MSG 28 FIRST.

I think also that, at the time that Chris wrote down his analysis, some boots were not available, and he didn't updated his files.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-15 15:25 by straycat58.

Date: February 15, 2009 23:13

Baltimore..Nov 26

love in vain 1 aud
love in vain 2 shot of salivation
love in vain 3 gimme shelter soundtrack
love in vain 4 apple acetate
love in vain 5 ya ya's out....

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: February 16, 2009 00:10

straycat58
What I know about Carol is that the one from MSG 28 FIRST is the one in which Mick sings: "I've got my eyes on you SUGAR" while in all the other versions he sings "I've got my eyes on you LADY". Also, end of the first chorus, Mick ends with "showout" or something like that.
Anyway, Carol with SUGAR is the MSG 28 FIRST.

You´re right but keep in mind the vocals on this track are overdubbed. The original vocals as he sung them that night (you can hear them bleed through clearly on Ya-Ya´s) are most likely different. The complete 28/11/69 (1st show) is NOT circulating apart from what´s available on Ya-Ya´s and Gimme Shelter:

JJF (GS movie, no overdubs)

CAROL (Ya-Ya´s; vocal overdubs): There is a slightly longer version with a different mix (MUCH better than the released version) available on "Time Trip Vol. 4" which includes Mick´s intro words ("... we´re gonna do an old one for ya" )

SYMPATHY (Ya-Ya´s; unverified; overdubs): A different edit is available on the Acetate.

STRAY CAT (Ya-Ya´s; unverified; vocal overdubs): This is NOT from Baltimore.

LITTLE QUEENIE (Ya-Ya´s; vocal overdubs): The original version without overdubs is available on the Critrion DVD outtake performances.

STREET FIGHTING MAN (Ya-Ya´s; vocal overdubs): The original version without overdubs and slightly better mix is available in trading circles.

The ChrisM Ya-Ya´s research is great (even though there are a few mistakes) but a lot of the information is not verified because of the missing audience recording of the 28/11/69 1st show. If it turns up, the puzzle will be completed.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-16 00:13 by Tornandfrayed.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: February 16, 2009 00:21

Eleanor Rigby

There are actually FOUR sources:

SBD (only Love In Vain)
AUD #1 (incomplete; Devil´s Disciple (VGP))
AUD #2 (incomplete: first five songs only; Satanic Tour (DAC))
AUD #3 (incomplete; first source to include Street Fighting Man)

Even if we combine the four recordings we still don´t have the whole show. smiling smiley
The Satanic Tour (DAC) boot is a three source mix which merges AUD sources 1, 2 and 3 to get the most complete version of the show.

Date: February 16, 2009 06:03

glad someone thinks Stray Cat (Ya Ya's) is NOT from Baltimore....

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: February 16, 2009 09:36

dcba
"Second show is fast; also this one should have the speed corrected."
Thx for agreeng with me. Most MT-era IMP titles were sped-up. (Alright Mitch?)
If someone could re-pitch this important show it would be awesome!

From Nico's site:

700200B February onwards: THE ROLLING STONES. London, Trident Studios &
London, Olympic Sound Studios. Mixing and overdubbing for the upcoming
album Get Yer Ya Ya's Out. Producers: Glyn Johns & The Rolling Stones.
Sound engineer: Glyn Johns. Incl.
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -New York City, 27.11.69
- Carol (Chuck Berry) -New York City, 28.11.69, 1st show
- Stray Cat Blues (MJ/KR) -New York City, 28.11.69, 1st show
- Love In Vain (Robert Johnson) -Baltimore, 26.11.69
- Midnight Rambler (MJ/KR) -New York City, 28.11.69, 2nd show
- Sympathy For The Devil (MJ/KR) -New York City, 28.11.69, 1st show
- Live With Me (MJ/KR) -New York City, 28.11.69, 2nd show
- Little Queenie (Chuck Berry) -New York City, 28.11.69, 1st show
- Honky Tonk Woman (MJ/KR) -New York City, 27.11.69
- Street Fighting Man (MJ/KR) -New York City, 28.11.69, 1st show or
Baltimore 26.11.69

www.nzentgraf.de

Now that the Baltimore SFM is available, it seems SFM must be from NY, unless there were significant instrumental overdubs.

Also regarding Champaign: [www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: February 16, 2009 12:25

Eleanor Rigby
LATEST Update:

Not sure about what Champaign show is available...???

15th November: Champaign, University Of Illinois, Assembly Hall (1st show) : Vintage?? Cocaine?
15th November: Champaign, University Of Illinois, Assembly Hall (2nd show) : Vintage?? Cocaine?

"Cocaine On A Dentist Chair" has no songs from the second show, only five songs circulating, these are on "Vintage Champaign".
For the first show, "Cocaine..." and "Vintage..." use the same source, it is a very distorted sounding tape, DAC remastered it, to most ears it may sound better, it might be a question of personal taste.

As far as I know, the reason why we don't have the first part of the second show is, that the guy taped his school marching band over it until it dawned on him, what tape he was using!!
There was a thread on the second show over in the "Tell Me" section recently, it seems, that another source surfaced, but the owner is not ( yet? ) willing to share it.

Posted by: mitch ()
Date: February 16, 2009 12:30

dcba
"Second show is fast; also this one should have the speed corrected."
Thx for agreeng with me. Most MT-era IMP titles were sped-up. (Alright Mitch?)

Without better release, I keep my IMP...
We should have do business together, as I judge valuable what you think is not!

Date: February 16, 2009 12:57

MSG 28 FIRST:

I'm afraid we're doing some confusion and that we are referring to different audios.
Please forget the GYYYO and just refer to the audience recordings.

I upload for you this Carol version, please listen to it and go at 2,20-2,25 when Mick sings "I've got my eyes on you SUGAR."

[www.mediafire.com]

This version is taken from a CD titled "New York City you talk a lot" which is part of Mick introduction at the MSG 28 FIRST, followed by "Welcome to the breakfast show".

Now, I compared this Carol and the marker of "SUGAR" with the other Carol of the 69 tour. I can also be wrong, but in all the other Carol, Mick sings LADY (not SUGAR).
By process of elimination, this Carol is, in my opinion, the MSG 28 FIRST and this audio recording has nothing to do with the GYYYO; this is an audience recording.

Awaiting your comments.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-16 12:59 by straycat58.

Date: February 16, 2009 13:05

MSG 28 FIRST:

STRAY CAT BLUES.

this is th link to SCB:

[www.mediafire.com]

Go to 2,59 when Mick sings the "yeh" part. At the third one, he sings Yeh twice (same he did in Baltimore), but then he sings: I BET..., while in Baltimore he just sang BET...
Also in this case, by process of elimination, this is the MSG 28 FIRST.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home