Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Rolling Stones need a new producer
Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 3, 2008 16:28

I am listening to The raconteurs and it just occured to me that the Rolling Stones need a new producer for their next album; Jack White. Mick and keith get along with him and Jack is the shit right now,they should go for it.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Re: The Rolling Stones need a new producer
Posted by: Filip020169 ()
Date: December 3, 2008 16:40

... Rick Rubin would be the absolute max!!

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: December 3, 2008 16:48

I agree with Mops, hiring Jack White will also reboost media interest on the Stones. I think it would be the perfect choice!

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: December 3, 2008 17:13

Rick Rubin is the best allround producer EVER. He's a genius, whether is working with Motöhead or Johnny Cash or whoever, he is always great.

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: December 3, 2008 17:36

John "Mutt" Lang

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 3, 2008 17:50

What about good old CHRIS KIMSEY?
Knows the Stones and could help make a great Rock and Rolling Stones ALBUM!

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: December 3, 2008 17:52

Bimmelzerbott
Rick Rubin is the best allround producer EVER. He's a genius, whether is working with Motöhead or Johnny Cash or whoever, he is always great.

Can respect your opinio but that leaves out a certain Jimmy Miller.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: December 3, 2008 17:54

they might sooner need new songwriters...

Date: December 3, 2008 18:07

<What about good old CHRIS KIMSEY?>

He was good, but then came Steel Wheels... Last album he was on.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 3, 2008 18:17

I'm 100% sure that was not the fault of Chris....I think Mick & Keith didn't want to push the "envelope" with their "reunion" album! So The Stones recorded a safe and good album....I do think given the other albums he has worked on with the Stones he could make another album as good as Some Girls, etc.!

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: December 3, 2008 18:25

Rick Rubin...he kicked Jagger's butt last time and wound up with a masterpiece.

Second would be Chris Kimsey.

PECMAN

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: December 3, 2008 18:29

You would need a very headstrong guy - is Jack White strong enough? I think he could make a great album but will "they" let him? Rick Rubin is a possibility but I seem to recall he and Jagger did not get on too well?

A dark horse might be Daniel Lanois - he went head to head with Bob Dylan - and won some. Not a lot of guys out there that can do that.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 3, 2008 18:38

Victoria Beckham

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: December 3, 2008 18:53

Rick Rubin. He's the man for this job.

The Dark Horse: Daniel Lanois. He would be a fascinating choice and the results might make for an intriguing, iconoclastic musical set.

One thing is for certain...no Don Was. Please.

Diamond rings, Vaseline, you gave me disease, well, I lost a lot of love over you.

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: December 3, 2008 19:49

they definately need a new producer, but who the f##k is jack white?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 3, 2008 20:39

With all due respect to White, I think the Stones need Dave Alvin to produce their next album. Talk about getting them back to the roots!! He might even make em do it live on analog equipment!!

Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: December 3, 2008 20:46

I agree 100% Rick is the man! Listen to Johnny Cashes last two albums.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 3, 2008 21:07

Rick Rubin did a good job with Mick Jagger's"Wandering spirit" but I suspect that Rubin, like Don Was would go for the "Exile on Main Street" feel. I believe Don Was has pushed the Stones in that direction (a good one) for long enough; they need something different. Of course it is the Rolling Stones so it will never be completely new. But Jack White is a good singer and a good guitar player which could be important factors that could lead to noticeable changes in the overall sound of the Stones.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 3, 2008 21:21

Harm
Victoria Beckham

LOL Harm, good choice cool smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 3, 2008 21:44

New producer would indeed be nice. Jack White in theory would be a good choice...but I doubt he'd be able to push Mick and Keith to challenge them at all...nor would they willingly accept tips or criticsms from a guy of Jack's age or status.

Rick Rubin would have the strength to challenge them but heck...they might get fed up (as Mick did) and might barely make it through the process!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: December 3, 2008 22:28

Chris Kimsey was fine in 1980, but did an execrable job ruining Steel Wheels as early mixes prove...I like D Was, I like B2B, half of Stripped, Voodoo, & ABB. The 4 Licks, tho too slick, 'cept Keith's, are decent/catchy if not in the same category as the others. A different producer may or may not light a fire under the Stones, but The GT will always co produce, and the implication is that these later albums are weak - I disagree.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 3, 2008 22:36

trainarollin
John "Mutt" Lang

I hope that's a joke, we wouldn't want them to end up sounding like Def Leppard or Shania Twain.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: December 3, 2008 22:37

stones need to recapture their muse; not likely at this stage. additionally, the guitar players need to reclaim their chops; even less likely. no producer working with inferior material and inept players will yield a quality product.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: December 3, 2008 23:14

trainarollin
John "Mutt" Lang

You got to be kidding me. That's all we need is The Stones to sound like 1985 again. He ruined a Coors CD. And made his wife sound like Def Leopard. This guy is an overrated, no talented, brainless jerk. The first thing he would do is tell Charlie to leave and replace him wih a drum machine. Wake up!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-03 23:17 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 3, 2008 23:24

sonyzzz
I agree 100% Rick is the man!

Been discussed loads of times. Forget about it - Jagger and Rubin will never work together again.

Date: December 3, 2008 23:31

It depends on how badly they want a great album at this point in time. I think Jagger above all could be convinced that Rick Rubin would give them a great album. I only wonder if they are hungry enough to want one. The writing is plain: Jagger struck out 2-3 times, and hit gold once. The gold came with Rubin, who did not take any Jagger-crap,made him be as good as he can be and-voila. I am positive Jagger knows this as well as we do. I just don';t think he really cares. Keith is trickier, because he will do the right thing...once he gets up and puts amove on. I don't think he cares about putting a move on anymore. He will deny it, but he might be ready to be a Grandpa, and take things easy.
If they decide to do it Jack White is not the guy. he is way too young, and there is no way they will jump when he says jump. Rubin, Lanois both great ideas. Don Was...the worst!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 3, 2008 23:36

stoneswashed77
they definately need a new producer, but who the f##k is jack white?

That's the man who fukked up "Loving cup" on SAL

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 4, 2008 00:19

HEE! HEE!

Date: December 4, 2008 00:36

rick rubin can't guarantee a great album people..

i mean what was rubin's favorite band growing up? AC DC and their album he produced- ballbreaker- ain't all that and a bag of chips... and he knew ac dc's SOUND backwards and forwards (check out The Cult's Electric which he also produced..)...if anyone was born to produce ac dc it was rubin and yet the album that resulted isn't very good

a producer can help but he can't guarantee results...

still.. i think what they most need is someone to tell them the truth... if a song sucks they need to know that and move on to another song...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-12-04 01:30 by stoned in washington dc.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 4, 2008 00:36

Palace Revolution 2000
It depends on how badly they want a great album at this point in time. I think Jagger above all could be convinced that Rick Rubin would give them a great album. I only wonder if they are hungry enough to want one.

They aren't.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1757
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home