Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Jagger's Workout
Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: November 24, 2008 20:37

I'm a young guy in okay shape. I'm around Jaggers shape and size. I'm 5ft 10ish, 28 waist. I've recently decided to take much better care of myself and am using Jagger as an ideal. I know he jogs, lifts weights, etc. But I cannot find out any information on a fitness plan that would be similar to his. Can anyone suggest a site that would be helpful for finding a really good workout routine and diet or even tell me about their own/Jaggers personal routine? All help appreciated.

Re: Jagger's Workout
Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: November 24, 2008 20:55

All I can do for you is to refer you to Four Flicks DVD 1 (Docu), where you can see Mick some moments doing his work-out programme.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 24, 2008 21:22

If I remember well Mick said that he started to change his habits when he reached 30.Cut on alchool, drugs, sleep more, eat well (vegetables and fruits) physical exercices (jogging), you know the usual boring stuff that keeps you fit.
Mops

Posted by: iamthedj ()
Date: November 24, 2008 21:23

Cheers mate, much appreciated. There is also some workout clips on the "Being Mick" film, but once again very little. Thanks again for your suggestion.

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: November 24, 2008 21:49

If you had asked how Keith prepares for tour, he would answer: "I'm playing guitar with the Rolling Stones: that's enough of work-out!"

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: November 24, 2008 22:47

If you go jogging be sure to have excellent shoes. Otherwise you might get some nasty injuries.
There are many many sites on the web that will detail how you can achieve certain training objectives. Go look for them.
As noted above: diet is an important part. Vegetables and less alcohol are key ingredients. Eat meat without fat. No pork chops, beef will be fine.
Running will get you a lot of Jaggers body shape.
Another thing is staying flexible: being able to move. There are many exercises. You don't have to believe all the bullshit that goes with it but in this area Pilates and Yoga are effective.
Sleep is also an important ingredient.
Good luck.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 25, 2008 07:50

Actually, to challenge the myth about pork! Ok, pork chops are not a great cut, but lean white meat pork is ounce by ounce one of the leanest meats you can get. Pork gets a bad rep because of all the ways it is prepared that keep the fat count high by frying, and using high fat cuts, but if you get a good loin of pork, or the hind quarter you will be getting an extremely lean cut of meat, if not the leanest meat possible.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 25, 2008 11:07

Definitely agree with Whale - running will get you a long way. It also produces genuine fitness, cardio fitness whereas a lot of the guys you see working out with weights at the gym have the muscle but couldn't run half a mile. They're vain but not fit.

I think we all know about diet. Little or no red meat or alcohol, lots of fruit and veg, nuts and pulses. But balance is important and there's no point in being a food fascist. I usually allow myself fish and chips on a Saturday after a 15 mile run.

Posted by: kees ()
Date: November 25, 2008 11:15

Start boxing. Great to get in shape/lose weight - gain muscles and improve your fysical and mental condition.
I do it 4x week in combi with 2x a week weights. Whereas some others boxers run instead
And less alcohol indeed, fruits instead of snacks and lots of fish and steaken. Cut down on red meat, cheese and fat milk

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: November 25, 2008 11:55

kees
Start boxing. Great to get in shape/lose weight - gain muscles and improve your fysical and mental condition.
I do it 4x week in combi with 2x a week weights. Whereas some others boxers run instead
And less alcohol indeed, fruits instead of snacks and lots of fish and steaken. Cut down on red meat, cheese and fat milk

Great advice. I used to be an amateur boxer and I still do the training - bag and pad work, running, skipping, press ups, sit ups and weights - three times a week. I don't spar any more though - the wife won't let me. Swimming's also great all over exercise - better for you than jogging, in that it won't damage your joints and it keeps you supple.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: November 25, 2008 13:19

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 25, 2008 13:30

Horror of horrors. This reminds me of Jagger's ridiculous spot on Top Of The Pops doing Let's Work. Probably the nadir of Jagger's career and the point where I stopped taking him seriously.

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: November 25, 2008 13:59

Nope. It's one of the songs I keep singing in my head from time to time. When you need to go to work after a terrible morning for instance.
Kill poverty!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: November 25, 2008 14:57

I know that before a show Mick eats plenty of carbs, like pasta with Marinara sause, bread and Evian water by the gallon. He favors expensive cuts of Salmon when dining out because as we all know, the Omega oil in fish is supposed to be like the fountain of youth! It keeps your heart healthy and your skin from drying up!! I wish I loved salmon like he does! I prefer swordfish or grilled tuna!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 25, 2008 15:35

What about Tina Tuna?

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: November 25, 2008 15:50

Running is overrated but, if you are going to, do it backwards for part of the time...it's a better workout and the same goes with using an elyptial machine.

Use a Bosu(sp?) ball and do side drills.

If you lift weights, start with a light amount and do 10 reps, then increase the weight gradully with six very slow reps until you hit your max and then end by reducing the weight some and doing 8 slow reps. Do one part of the body one day (say upper body M, W, F) and lower on alternating days. Drink some protein afterward, within 20 minutes.

Swim, but if you're over 35 don't do too much butterfly...it will damage your rotater cuff.

Lastly, dance and ride a bike some. I can't prove it, but there is something about adding leisure exercise that keeps some youthfulness.

In six months you will look a lot more like Mick!

Posted by: twenny revlights ()
Date: November 25, 2008 15:57

> This reminds me of Jagger's ridiculous spot on Top Of The Pops
> doing Let's Work. Probably the nadir of Jagger's career and
> the point where I stopped taking him seriously.

Thanks for unintentionally turning me on to this great vid.
I used to hate "Let's work" because at the time it was so
un-stones-like, and I so desperately wanted new Stones stuff.
But over the last couple years, I finally was able to hear
how great this Brazilian/rock fusion was, even better than
the very popular world/fusion stuff that Paul Simon was doing
at the time, and the message of Let's Work-- spot on for 2009.

Posted by: StratoGR ()
Date: November 25, 2008 16:45

I started gym 2 weeks ago and I tried elliptical machine which is great but I have a question.I runned 16 total.But in reality I am sure I couldn't do that in reality.Does anyone know how it's translated 16 km on elliptical machine on the real world?HOpe yu understand tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 25, 2008 18:00

Chase and catch chicks 24/7

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 25, 2008 18:03

i afforded the expense of a super-deluxe-gym-ticket.
payed 700 franks (ca.600 dollars) and only went there 3 times!
thats 200 dollars each training. very luxury!!! clever boy.... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: CharliMoon ()
Date: November 25, 2008 18:20

Silver Dagger
Horror of horrors. This reminds me of Jagger's ridiculous spot on Top Of The Pops doing Let's Work. Probably the nadir of Jagger's career and the point where I stopped taking him seriously.

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!? eye popping smiley The first time I've seen this video and I never want to see it again. Ever.
I mean, okay about the lyrics etc, cause singing this song to yourself might really help cheering you up to go to school or to work in the morning, or study for your maths exam or whatever (nobody knows that better than I do *gg*). But: This performance (If you can call it that anyway)!
Really, I like Mick and he usually is a brilliant performer. So I'm wondering even more why and where this came from? It's embarassing.

Okay, back to the topic: Didn't Mick mention in some interview around SAL-release that he eats a lot of avocados (or was it another exotic fruit?). They're said to have something in them that's good for your skin. Probably with an effect similar to a good moisturizer?

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: November 25, 2008 18:29

Eat a lot of HOT WINGS & LITE BEER!! And then run home!!!!

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: November 25, 2008 23:18

Silver Dagger

Yes, without doubt, an absolute all-time low.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: November 25, 2008 23:30

most of his moves from Shine a Light can already be seen here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2470
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home