Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith Tried To Push Mick Offstage?
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 19, 2008 20:59

What is this? This sounds like a load of BS:

from [blogs.reuters.com]

"The so-called “Glimmer Twins” have had their issues in the past, breaking up the band in the 1980s, and even as recently as 2003 an infuriated Richards tried to push Jagger off the stage during a concert in Osaka for no apparent reason."

I've never heard/read of such a thing.

Re: Keith Tried To Push Mick Offstage?
Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: November 19, 2008 21:05

Review of the 2nd Osaka '03 show: [www.iorr.org] ...there seemed to have been some kind of an episode during Monkey Man

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-19 21:10 by Sohoe.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 19, 2008 21:10

Yeesh. Aaaaaaaaawkward.

Keith pushing Mick = push him off the stage, apparently.

The only drama I ever saw was on the bootleg for the April 99 show in Chicago...for whatever reason Keith got in Mick's way and Mick screams "Waaatch outt!" on the B-stage during LARS. Keith was screaming at him as he walked towards Mick. The crazy part was when keith reached Mick they whispered words to each other and Mick gave a huge laugh and it SEEMED like they were making it look like a big joke.

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: November 20, 2008 03:24

ooh catfight! bring it boys
twas only ol' keith takin' care of traffic in his lane winking smiley
i do remember seeing that footage on utube once. if keith ever gave me the stink eye like that i'd have a heart attack as i was running away

Posted by: mstmst ()
Date: November 20, 2008 03:44

My favorite such moment was at the 4 July 75 show in Memphis. Mick begins a sing-slong at the coda of Tumblin Dice. Just as he gets it going, Keith turns to Charlie and ends the song - clearly on purpose. Mick, furious, runs over and throws the mic down and shoves Keith hard with both hands. Best part: Keith stands there and shrugs with both palms up, like 'hey man, what?'

I was right up close in the stadium and the altercation took place at the edge of the spotlight, so may not have been totally visible. Still one of my favorite moments ever.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 20, 2008 03:46

and reported by our own Dean Goodman - no BS there...

as far as drama goes, i didn't see the boston gillette stadium show with the "banana incident" but i was fascinated by the story. it seemed like ronnie had stolen mick's banana? keith and charlie also confronted him:

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: November 20, 2008 03:49

Lol, great story, mstmst! Always love those "accidnets".
I can't remember which show it was but i remember there was a arguement between Keith and Ronnie at I think one of the Amsterdam Arena shows during the Licks tour. Keith got upset with Ronnie after a song and Mick came in between and pulled Ronnie away. Anybody remember something like this?

Also, are there anymore stories like this? I always think it's hilarious!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: November 20, 2008 03:50

Wow, Charlie came from behind his drumset to say something to Ronnie about a banana???

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: oldkr ()
Date: November 20, 2008 05:03

the banana incident was at the end of the show - after they were done playing

during tumbling dice at the budokan you can clearly see keith shouting "f-ing @#$%&" at Mick and then carrying on the song way beyond micks's wishes!

OLDKR

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: November 21, 2008 02:50

funny story, mstmst. Thanks for telling.

Wuudy, as I recall that Amsterdam Arena incident, it was Ronnie screwing up a solo - the one in Wild Horses, I believe - pretty badly, which upset Keith.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 21, 2008 03:27

This reminds me of Hampton after T&A when Mick says "Rude Rude Rude I wish I were nude" and then Keith angrily puts down a bottle of whiskey before walking to the end of the stage and firing into Tumbling Dice. I have theorized about this. I think that for some reason Keith swore to Mick he wouldn't drink booze during the show that night, and Mick was calling him out when he saw him with the bottle. Something else that supports this is during the backstage footage before the show when they are warming up, instead of booze, you see Keith poor some of Mick's gatorade into a cup of ice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-21 03:28 by ryanpow.

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 21, 2008 04:10

oldkr

during tumbling dice at the budokan you can clearly see keith shouting "f-ing @#$%&" at Mick and then carrying on the song way beyond micks's wishes!

OLDKR

Yes the Ultimate Tumblin Dice version, Mick wanted that baby over but wents nuts on the song at the end. I believe it clocked in at over 11 minutes.

Date: November 21, 2008 06:29

Sohoe

Wuudy, as I recall that Amsterdam Arena incident, it was Ronnie screwing up a solo - the one in Wild Horses, I believe - pretty badly, which upset Keith.

Yes, that was it. Thanks, Sohoe! It was a terrible solo indeed.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: November 21, 2008 08:12

LSTNT
oldkr

OLDKR

Yes the Ultimate Tumblin Dice version, Mick wanted that baby over but wents nuts on the song at the end. I believe it clocked in at over 11 minutes.

Is that on video?

p

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 21, 2008 10:14

little queenie
and reported by our own Dean Goodman - no BS there..

Same Goodman put the message on the reuters blog. So if I count correctly, there is still
only one source for the Osaka incident.

Date: November 21, 2008 10:58

This one I witnessed myself. Hilarious! Not often that the boys are arguing thru the microphones smiling smiley

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2008 11:04

Thinkin' that 'banana' incident... The food seems to be a special matter of debates in the Stones circles. There is the story of Keith giving a black eye to Brian after the he had eaten Keith's chicken - Brian, again, tried to sabotize the scene while they were having a lunch by not willing to order anything until the rest were already eaten... When visiting Brian and seemingly trying to save their relationship Jagger in 1968 screwed up the situation by refusing to accept Brian's offer of dining with him, and went to eat in the nearest pub instead... I think there are several more of stories like these... Beggars Banquet..

Well, food is important thing, maybe the most important thing, but that it is such big deal within the scheme of The Stones... "You can have the money, pal, but don't you @#$%& touch my HP sauce...!"

(More serious note: perhaps that is something to do for being post-war kids in quite limited resources, and for that reason having a special respect for food.)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-21 11:05 by Doxa.

Date: November 21, 2008 11:24

Interesting analysis smiling smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 21, 2008 17:13

" Richards sings two songs at every Stones show, an interlude that usually sends the uncultured masses to the beer stands. For the die-hards, it’s the best thing about the show."

WTF???

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2008 17:23

leteyer
" Richards sings two songs at every Stones show, an interlude that usually sends the uncultured masses to the beer stands. For the die-hards, it’s the best thing about the show."

WTF???

in 2007 I wittnessed one Stones show - El Ejido - and at least for me the best musical moment was Keith's "You Got The Silver" - a performance that REALLY impressed me. It's good to know that I don't belong to "uncultured masses"...

- Doxa

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 21, 2008 18:35

timbernardis
LSTNT
oldkr

OLDKR

Is that on video?

p

Yes, The Budokan show is out on bootleg dvd in very good quality - there is a Jointrip version.

Posted by: no spare yaps ()
Date: November 21, 2008 21:11

Remember in LSTNT during Just My Imagination,during the sax solo,Jagger is really pointing at his SG as he walks toward the back of the stage? He then says something, I'm not a lip reader, so I have no idea what it was. He then rolls his eyes as if totally annoyed.

Posted by: sunheart72 ()
Date: November 24, 2008 05:43

lmfao

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: November 24, 2008 07:06

How about the MSG disc of Four Flicks during When the Whip Comes down when Keith makes a pissed off face for the camera and then storms over to Mick and yells at him to turn his guitar down. Good stuff.

Posted by: erbissell ()
Date: November 24, 2008 07:20

I remember at the second show sbc 2005 mick and ronnie had an exchange about what seemed to be ronnies soberiety, and the cup in his hand. Mick took the cup, and threw it away. I wish I could have heard what they said.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1369
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home