Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT-Which concerts did you wished you missed?
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 11, 2008 21:58

I have no real regrets here, however I wished I would have picked another show to see the Doors. I am glad I saw them, but the Dec. 1968 show I saw was awful. Wished I saw them at the Bowl instead. A few shows I have walked away disappointed, but can't remember saying that I wish I didn't go.

Re: OT-Which concerts did you wished you missed?
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: November 11, 2008 22:20

Europe in Sundsvall Oct 2004. 'orryfyin'.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 11, 2008 22:22

Same here, Bluzdude.
I've never regretted a 'concert'.

I've walked away from local band gigs with a case of the 'yikes' though!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 11, 2008 22:23

i've regretted not regretting a concert, but i've never actually regretted one....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 11, 2008 23:39

The Who - Saturday night in LA....Just kidding...Sort of.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 11, 2008 23:55

Bob Seger 1976 0r 77 TERRIBLE turned me into a non fan.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 12, 2008 00:05

My last Stones show on November 5th, 2005 was fairly dismal as it was a God awful.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 12, 2008 00:10

ChrisM
My last Stones show on November 5th, 2005 was fairly dismal as it was a God awful.
Stones didn't play November 5, 2005.
Nov 4 in Anaheim and Nov 6 Hollywood Bowl. a great show.

Date: November 12, 2008 00:16

Led Zep Seattle 17/3/75 - one step up from a soundcheck

Warren Zevon Seattle Paramount Summer 1978 - I walked out from boredom

Rolling Stones Seattle Kingdome 14/10/81 - boring as all get out. A juke box run through. Fast, sloppy, sterile, drunked out - puh!

Alice Cooper Billion Dollar Babies May 73 - just a run through, medleys of their hits, Alice looking like he was waiting for a bus to show up. Much Much better in 75 on the Welcome to My Nightmare tour!

Queen Seattle Coliseum Dec. 78 - compared to the Seattle Arena show Spring 77 they were just overblown and all about special effects and staging - whereas as Mick kicked the shite out of 75, Freddy thought he could post in his Jagger 72 rip off outfit and just be admired. Not in the US of A, matey!

The Kinks - Berkeley Greek Ampitheatre August 81 - burned out and boring. Just going through the motions.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-12 00:23 by The Menace of Mayfair.

Date: November 12, 2008 00:40

BluzDude
ChrisM

The experience was so utterly forgettable I must have forgotten the date. Anyway, it was in San Francisco...

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: November 12, 2008 02:18

Oasis in Athens
Blur in Athens

Both of them in the late 90s or early 00s, i don't remember. Horrible...

Also, Bob Dylan in Athens, two shows. Late 80s, early 90s. Really bad gigs...

Posted by: Art ()
Date: November 12, 2008 02:23

Sinead O'Conner & Journey, both in the early 80's.

Date: November 12, 2008 02:51

ChrisM
BluzDude
ChrisM

The experience was so utterly forgettable I must have forgotten the date. Anyway, it was in San Francisco...

Chris are you talking about Nov.6,2006 in Oakland or the 2 shows at Pac Bell park in 2005 that were Nov.13/15?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-12 02:53 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: November 12, 2008 06:50

Evening Fred. It was 15th November, 2005 at then SBC Park. There were some high-lights; As Tears Go By and the middle section of Midnight Rambler but of the 17 shows I have seen, this one was by far the worst and because my expectations were high and were resoundingly not met I found myself very disappointed by my favorite band as I knew they were capable of much better.

Date: November 12, 2008 06:56

ChrisM
Evening Fred. It was 15th November, 2005 at then SBC Park. There were some high-lights; As Tears Go By and the middle section of Midnight Rambler but of the 17 shows I have seen, this one was by far the worst and because my expectations were high and were resoundingly not met I found myself very disappointed by my favorite band as I knew they were capable of much better.

Sorry to hear that Chris. For my money of the 5 shows I saw on the ABB tour. This was one of my favorites....And for my money better than the shows I saw a year later in Oakland,Phoenix and LA

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 12, 2008 09:23

Financially, any of the shows on the ABB tour! hot smiley

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 12, 2008 10:57

Jethro Tull a few years back, outdoors in Pratteln, Switzerland. Ian Anderson had a stick (or was it a flute?) up his arse all night. He was aggravated by a couple teens in the front row, and stopped one song way short saying to the crowd "that's one less for you tonight." His voice was unusually weak and they didn't even play Aqualung. That is for certain the last time I willpay to see that band.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: November 12, 2008 11:30

Peter Andre (took my daughter)

Tpau

REM ("here's a song about death")

Cranberries

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: November 12, 2008 15:58

Madonna - Paris 2008 (left the stadium after three songs)
Queen - San Diego 1976

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: November 12, 2008 21:19

Stones at M.E.N. arena in 2003 - i think it was...
The band was great but our seating position wasnt....up in the rafters with the pidgeons and to make things worse....at a right angle to the stage - far left.

All we could see was the top of Jaggers head occasionally and cause we were above the speakers, the sound was inaudible...

unlucky really for us fans - as i spose loads of wealthy non-fans were front of stage and heading for the bar during Keefs set...bah

Doughie

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 12, 2008 22:10

I think this is about the concerts you have lots of hopes for, and then you feel disappointment (This rull outs. say, Baboon's Europe experiences...).

My biggest musical disappointment was Helsinki 2003 gig by The Stones. That gig almost ruined my respect for my beloved band, and I was truely down for months. I never thought they could be so bad, to play like is described 'autopilot' or, to say it more properly, pretending playing. Still remember how horrified I was wittnessing Ronnie Wood for touching almost nothing AT ALL his guitar during the first three numbers, few meters away from me - just clowning and "entertaining" the audience. I felt SOOOO ashamed for my idols. I couldn't recognized the opening number "Brown Sugar" until the chorus - and seemingly Keith Richards either - namely he played another tune, or at least in other tune... Perhaps I exaggarete a bit, but that just describes the level of my disappointment. (The band got me back later in Glasgow with a great show.)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-12 22:11 by Doxa.

Date: November 13, 2008 05:06

sweetcharmedlife
ChrisM

Sorry to hear that Chris. For my money of the 5 shows I saw on the ABB tour. This was one of my favorites....And for my money better than the shows I saw a year later in Oakland,Phoenix and LA
I'm glad you dug it Fred. Interesting how two people attending the same show can have such different views of it. T&A was there as was mcparty. Weigh in gentlemen?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: November 13, 2008 05:14

ChrisM
sweetcharmedlife
ChrisM

I'm glad you dug it Fred. Interesting how two people attending the same show can have such different views of it. T&A was there as was mcparty. Weigh in gentlemen?

sf '05 shows? well, had ronnie played at all i might have given the shows a C-

since he didn't, i have been required by prior ruling to mark them down a grade. D- still passing, mind you....

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 13, 2008 05:20

I wasn't there, but when "The Dead" did a show on Valentine's Day in '03... that would have been the most disappointing show ever. Sammy Hagar butchering Loose Lucy, Joan Osbourne (! wtf) singing Casey Jones in the original key (which forces a female voice too low in pitch), and tons of directionless noodling. Not long spacey jams, but sensless moice that sounded like everyone was doing their own soundcheck - before and after every song. It was a free flac download. I was upset at wasting 3 CDs to burn it on.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: November 13, 2008 06:17

ChrisM
sweetcharmedlife
ChrisM

Chris...Rule #1 NEVER ASK FOR T&A's OPINION ON ANYTHING
Rule #2-200 See above

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 13, 2008 07:41

Tina Turner

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: November 13, 2008 10:04

rush
REM
foo fighters

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 13, 2008 12:28

Radiohead without a doubt.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 13, 2008 12:34

The Bay City Rollers 1974 or 1975 in Los Angeles. Bubble Gum at its absolute best. I had to go because one of my sisters wanted to go. If I'd only been able to go to sleep! They did entertain their crowd of teen and pre-teen girls that's for sure.

CBII

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: November 13, 2008 12:35

Wild Slivovitz
Radiohead without a doubt.

you should be so lucky! ;-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home