Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

losing respect
Posted by: sonyzzz ()
Date: November 10, 2008 16:36

I don't know, I love Ronnie, but to me he's like a 12 year old. He has this great gift, he's with the greatest band in the world, a hot wife that loves him
to death I just don't get it. He could take some lessons in life from Charlie.
A mans Man!

Re: losing respect
Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: November 10, 2008 16:39

sonyzzz
I don't know, I love Ronnie, but to me he's like a 12 year old. He has this great gift, he's with the greatest band in the world, a hot wife that loves him
to death I just don't get it. He could take some lessons in life from Charlie.
A mans Man!

Who he shags makes no difference to how much I respect him. I like (& sometimes dislike) him for his musical abilities.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 10, 2008 16:40

another one! man, stop it winking smiley
he's just having fun his way causing us read tabloids all days. he's happy and I'm happy for him... what's more, I envy him :-)

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 10, 2008 16:54

Ronnie is living a r and r lifestyle....it may seem a bit ludricous at his age but thats what happens. I mean, Keith doing hard drugs whilst bringing up a young family, Anita taking drugs whilst pregnant - I mean we're not talking about rational choices here either.
BUT Its their choice at the end of the day.
Ronnie isnt in the gutter, or beating peole up for his next "fix" =lets hope he can get his health back together, who he shares his life with is his choice.

Posted by: Bimmelzerbott ()
Date: November 10, 2008 16:55

I always thought that Ronnie's horribly naive and not very bright.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: November 10, 2008 17:13

Bimmelzerbott
I always thought that Ronnie's horribly naive and not very bright.

Well I'd always assumed that this is what Keith found so appealing about Ronnie?.
I can't imagine Keith or Mick for that matter having a guitarist who was musicallly and intellectually superior...wouldn't do for their egos surely?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 10, 2008 17:23

I don't think his private life is any of our business to be honest.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 10, 2008 17:26

Big Al

couldn't agree more thumbs upthumbs up

Date: November 10, 2008 17:44

<He has this great gift, he's with the greatest band in the world, a hot wife that loves him
to death I just don't get it.>

Ronnie is hardly the first. What about Mick?

Posted by: Pecman ()
Date: November 10, 2008 17:47

Ronnie never professed to be a saint...that's why he joined The Rolling Stones...

PECMAN

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: November 10, 2008 17:49

Couldn't we all

sonyzzz
I He could take some lessons in life from Charlie.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 10, 2008 17:49

Big Al

Right on Al.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Hasse78 ()
Date: November 10, 2008 17:51

All the respect to Ronnie for scoring with this hot young chick. grinning smiley

Posted by: yap is not dead ()
Date: November 10, 2008 18:13

Oh come on......if you could nail a young Russian model, you KNOW you'd do it too!!

Afterall, he is a Rolling Stone, isn't this the way they should act? As much as I love Mr. Watts, I would really hate if Ronnie Wood started acting like him!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 10, 2008 18:14

I have learned to symphatize Ronnie in this case. I don't think it is the booze for his "madness" or anything like that. The guy just wanted reinvent his life, to follow his heart and muse. He is paying a lot for that - and I don't mean only the money. He hadn't been in touch with her daughter Leah since her wedding, and for example, he heard of her being pregnant a week after the media... It sounds like he has lost all of his 'old' family scene, only his son Jesse is in touch with him. That is a huge sacrifice, and it must hurt, a I believe it does.

But when I look the happy Ronnie at those photos with his young love, with Jeff Beck and the others in those classic rock photos, I see not a desperate old drunk but seemingly happy and content happy man who seems to be a leader of his own life. A man who can revitalized hit the road anytime, any minute, be it with the Faces, The Stones, or Jeff Beck Group or with whoever. And personally, I don't care a shit about Jo Wood and her social circuits, natural beauty products, and all that. It seems like Ronnie - an artist and a true rock and roll guitarist - either.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-11-10 18:15 by Doxa.

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: November 10, 2008 18:15

Doxa
I have learned to sympthatize Ronnie in this case. I don't think it is the booze for his "madness" or anything like that. The guy just wanted reinvent his life, to follow his heart and muse. He is paying a lot for that - and I don't mean only the money. He hadn't been in touch with her daughter Leah since her wedding, and for example, he heard of her being pregnant a week after the media... It sounds like he has lost all of his 'old' family scene, only his son Jesse is in touch with him. That is a huge sacrifice, and it must hurt, a I believe it does.

But when I look the happy Ronnie at those photos with his young love, with Jeff Beck and the others in those classic rock photos, I see not a desperate old drunk but seemingly happy and content happy man who seems to be a leader of his own life. A man who can revitalized hit the road anytime, any minute, be it with the Faces, The Stones, or Jeff Beck Group or with whoever. And personally, I don't care a shit about Jo Wood and her social circuits, natural beauty products, and all that. It seems like Ronnie - an artist and a true rock and roll guitarist - either.

- Doxa

Wise words, Doxa.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: November 10, 2008 19:25

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: November 10, 2008 19:29

Come on he's a rock star, it's not like he's the president of the United States.

Posted by: kait ()
Date: November 10, 2008 19:31

Big Al

that's it, totally agree!!!!!!

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 10, 2008 19:32

Ronnie playing was great on the last tour and I can't wait for the next one!!
He was the star of the show on many occasions and I was so pleased to see him playing great. Many of the solos that I saw him play, really blew me away and I felt really happy to see him performing this way again.

I like Clapton as a guitarist but he is not Rolling Stones material and never will be.

As long as Ronnie is sober enough to play well, I really don't care about the details of his private life and neither should anybody else.
I really dont understand why people are talking about Ronnie being replaced at all. Mick will make sure Ronnie is sober when it's time to go on tour and he will kick ass once again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1691
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home